Thread: Fold for Stephanie

Xtreme Addict

Fold for Stephanie

posting this for a buddy on TPU

Quote Originally Posted by AphexDreamer@TPU
    "As many of you know my 13 year old daughter Stephanie has Hodgkins Stage 4B Cancer. I have supported Folding@Home for over 5 years myself. Well this month I want people to Fold for Stephanie.

I announced this contest 2 days ago. Since then I have been contacted by NVIDIA and others that want to donate stuff also. I will update prizes as I find out about them. The community support for my daughter and my family is great.

So here is the new GRAND PRIZE: GTX 285 Signed by Jen-Hsun Huang – Co-Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer of NVIDIA.

All other prizes will be random drawn to people Folding for Stephanie. Other prizes so far:

1 XFX GTX285
    1 2*1Gb of DDR3 Crucial Ballistix PC3-10600 From Niko at www.rbmods.com. He will ship worldwide.
    2 Maxtill G-Pad Mouse Pads From Michael Phrakaysone at www.ModSynergy.com. He will ship USA/Canada.

At this time I can only ship to USA/Canada unless I get a sponsor that can ship outside of this area.

Here are the rules:

Now here is what you have to do.

1. Fold for Bjorn3D Team 41608.

2. If you Folding handle is Rob for the month Fold under a new name for the as Rob-Stephanie.

3. This will let people checking our team stats see your are Folding for my daughter.

4. Register on our forums with you normal name with out -Stephanie and make at least 2 post so I can notify you if you win.

I want to thank everyone that does this since it may help find a cure to this disease and others like it."

http://www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showthr...615#post187615

I'm sure people can contribute a lot for her here.

fold away people!!!!!

Xtreme Member
    i am doing it now. pm me the info so i can set it up on my laptop
    [SIZE="1"]Gateway MT6707 Notebook
    Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060 1.6 GHz
    Memory 2048 MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    224 MB shared video memory
    High definition audio 2 channel
    160 GB HD
    8X Multi-format dual layer optical drive
    802.11g wireless LAN
    4 USB 2.0 ports

If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Cruncher
    One guy already has 550 WU and its been open for 2 days!! He must have like 400 PS3's all hooked up lol

Im folding for steph now on my PS3 and Q9300

Q9300 [Crunch] / XFX GTX285 [Fold] / EVGA 750i
    Two 250GB 7200 / 4GB XMS2 800 / 1Kw XPS PSU / Freezer Pro 7
    10,797 3DMark Vantage / Scythe 120mm Case fans / Vista U. 64
    PS3 - 700 Work Units and going strong!, XPS 720 H2C Case
    Crunching 24/7 on Q9300....might upgrade to an i7

Xtreme Mentor
    Sorry to hear about your friend's daughters misfortune. I am currently folding in remembrance of why we really do this.

Xtreme Member
    Ok. I'm back. I've started to fold for Stephanie.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah it's pretty sad. You can take a look at her page on Bjorn3d here; http://www.bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php Scott is a really good guy and no parent should have to go through this.

HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Wow, my best wishes to the kid & family. This is why I crunch the piss out of HCC @ wcg.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for posting this.
    I crunch for you Gramps R.I.P.
    Photo:
    Canon T2i(550d) w/ Magic Lantern
    Canon 20mm F/2.8
    Canon 50mm F/1.8
    Canon 70-200mm F/4L
    C&C is always welcome on my photos.

PC
    Asus Crosshair IV Forumla, AMD 1090t-Crunching away @4.1ghz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2,4x2 Musikin Silverline's, Sapphire 6950 2gb(flashed to 6970 and running at 950/1450), Corsair HX650, NZXT Tempest.
    http://500px.com/KodyHungenberg

Xtreme Addict
    thanks to everyone folding for her i pushed up my phenom 2 and 8800GTS to help some and hopefully i will have 30+ notebooks running it after tonight

Xtreme Member
    hey there, big reader, little poster....

I have been a member of bjorn3d for years and I can tell you that Scott is a great guy and he does not deserve this. Please help out all you can.

a big for those who already are folding for team 41608, its not about the points, teams or prizes but the science and results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i3 530 @ 4.2 ghz, evga FTW, 4 gig gskill trident @ 1600 6-8-6-24, XFX 4870 1gb, corsair 620hx, 2 x kinston 64gig ssd raid0, 300 gig Velociraptor, 2Tb WD green,
    Tagan black pearl (lian-li v2000)
    Water: mcp655, mcr320 with ultra kazes, GTZ, mcr60, micro-res,
    black primochill, bitspower comp. fittings
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan Mac View Post
    We'll spend a few hundred bucks because the color isn't quite right. We have no qualms voiding warranties on a thousand dollar item the day we get it.

Can we change the rules so you can fold on our own team?

Xtreme Member
    I highly doubt it, but you can try to contact scott at bjorn3d...
    btw, there is a few prizes, so you might wanna check that out....althought that`s not the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i3 530 @ 4.2 ghz, evga FTW, 4 gig gskill trident @ 1600 6-8-6-24, XFX 4870 1gb, corsair 620hx, 2 x kinston 64gig ssd raid0, 300 gig Velociraptor, 2Tb WD green,
    Tagan black pearl (lian-li v2000)
    Water: mcp655, mcr320 with ultra kazes, GTZ, mcr60, micro-res,
    black primochill, bitspower comp. fittings
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan Mac View Post
    We'll spend a few hundred bucks because the color isn't quite right. We have no qualms voiding warranties on a thousand dollar item the day we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dope_chaud View Post
    I highly doubt it, but you can try to contact scott at bjorn3d...
    btw, there is a few prizes, so you might wanna check that out....althought that`s not the point.
    No I won't be changing teams for any prize(s). The last Nvidia folding competition, very similar to this one, they changed the rules so that folders could apply to the comp while still on same team ...

Hamster Powered
    I am very sorry and we do what we can to help fight these terrible diseases. It doesn't matter which team you contribute on, all that really matters is that we contribute. So many good people have either died or are suffering from cancer and other diseases and it needs our combined efforts to beat them.

My prayers go out to Stephanie and her family and I have been fighting this fight since 2001 when a friend turned me on to UD.org. Together we CAN and WILL make a difference so fewer people have to go through this.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Member
    I started folding for her. Right now I have only 2 4850's. I'll try to get more stuff folding soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    with great MHZ comes great responsibility
    CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.825
    Motherboard:Asus P5E X38
    Memory:2x2GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066
    Graphics Card:Asus 4850
    Hard Drive:2xSegate 500gb 32MB Cache raid0
    Power Supply:Xion 800W
    Case:3DAurora
    CPU cooling: D-tek Fuzion V2 (Quad insert removed)
    GPU cooling: mcw60
    Monitor:24" LG