So during some routine Ebay trolling I came across this little gem http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190285090402

I wasn't expecting much, given it was being sold by a general item/surplus dealer with an unknown working condition, but hell for $15 I went for it. When it arrived I was greatly surprised

The unit is absolutely spotless.... brand new. No residue or anything inside the reservoir or piping, just a tad bit of dust on the top of the unit probably from sitting around for a while. The unit contains a Danfoss 101G compressor (134a) with a Speck LNY-2841 water pump. The system is controlled by a digital temperature controller on the side panel. All around excellent build quality and components.

Although the compressor is tiny compared to what is seen for some water chillers here at XS the unit works flawlessly and only takes maybe a half hour to pull the 3-4 gallon reservoir down to 5c (the current preset minimum on the controller)

So yeah, it's not gonna cool a quad core or anything, but it's a cute little unit and a hell of a steal at $15 (plus $17.93 shipping )

Anyway, onto the pics:

big box

safely packed

side view

compressor/condenser

reservoir

testing the pump with some water

pump label

other side

frosty (high rez)
Click Image to Enlarge

I figured some XS members would enjoy seeing this, hope you enjoyed