Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NH-U12P and NH-C12P

Xtreme Member

NH-U12P and NH-C12P

I've already got an NH-U12P, love it, great cooler. I've just got a shipment from Noctua coming my way with the newer, low profile NH-C12P. Gonna run a few comparison tests and a general comparison of the two coolers. The tests will be run on an e8400. Opening the thread early for some early input, questions, recommendations, suggestions, anything like that.

Noctua NH-U12P

Noctua NH-C12P
    Last edited by Kopi; 02-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love the NH-U12P, my all-time favorite air-cooler without a doubt. I've got like seven of them, and even though they aren't the best coolers around (only close) performance wise, I just love them, since they're pure quality.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, definitely. Absolutely love mine for the quality too. Just puts Noctua above everyone else doesn't it?

Xtreme Member
    +1, the best in build quality

I'm waiting on that...
    Need a lower profile cooler for some Matx mods..... My TRUE don't fit

I hope the C12P is good as the taller brother
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Xtreme Member
    By what I've seen others do, its only a few degree's behind. And even a few show that it TOPS the NH-U12P. I guess we'll have to wait and see

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
    By what I've seen others do, its only a few degree's behind. And even a few show that it TOPS the NH-U12P. I guess we'll have to wait and see
    thanks for the heads up. sounds very interesting.. please do keep us posted

idea of price for them yet?

E8600 - Maximus Formula II - HIS 4870x2 - Mushkin DDR2 1066 2x2GB - Silverstone DA 850W - Silverstone TJ09 - TRUE Black

Xtreme Addict
    anyway to get some case air temps and temps of other parts? i usual like tower coolers because they don't heat up the case and i need a new cpu cooler but im leaning towards the nh-u9b because it fits in my case and the nh-u12p doesn't. depending on how the c12p performs i might get that one.

Xtreme Member
    I do have one thermal probe which I can use. Like always, ambient temperatures will be measured, but I'll also have a go at measuring mosfet temperatures if I can (Will have to just put the probe in the mosfet heatsinks with the U12P and C12P) and other places around and near the socket to see if the downward cooler as an impact on those as well.

Newegg is probably everybody's favourite place to buy Noctua stuff. They are pricier, but you get alot with the kit. Great mounting kits, 3pin to 3pin adapters with in-line resistors to limit fan speed, some decent TIM, and a really nice, expensive, fan .

Noctua stuff at Newegg

Noctua NH-C12P at Newegg for Hoax.
    Last edited by Kopi; 02-17-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I do have one thermal probe which I can use. Like always, ambient temperatures will be measured, but I'll also have a go at measuring mosfet temperatures if I can (Will have to just put the probe in the mosfet heatsinks with the U12P and C12P) and other places around and near the socket to see if the downward cooler as an impact on those as well.

Newegg is probably everybody's favourite place to buy Noctua stuff. They are pricier, but you get alot with the kit. Great mounting kits, 3pin to 3pin adapters with in-line resistors to limit fan speed, some decent TIM, and a really nice, expensive, fan .

Noctua stuff at Newegg

Noctua NH-C12P at Newegg for Hoax.
    the u9b was the best price at newegg. ppcs has it for $60. and it would be hard to measure the temps inside the case. i have a kaze master that i use for temp monitoring. when my side panel is off the case temps are a lot lower and the components are a lot lower. so what i do is i made one of my probes wires double as long and stick it through the back of the case and try to weave it around, so i get accurate temp measurements when the panel is on. my belief is that the tower coolers are always better because they direct the air out instead of down into the mobo where it spreads around the case. would be interesting to see your results.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sorry.. I assumed it was unreleased

thanks Kopi

E8600 - Maximus Formula II - HIS 4870x2 - Mushkin DDR2 1066 2x2GB - Silverstone DA 850W - Silverstone TJ09 - TRUE Black

Xtreme Member
    Have owned the C12P for a few months now. Overall, i like this HS alot. It helps to cools the mosfets/hs around the cpu area, a plus point for me. Dun think i will change to other hs....

However, i replaced the P12 fan with a scythe minebea mid, improvement can be seem right away since the minebea mid is a better fan than the P12.
    i7 4770 | 24GB | Z87 Mpower | 1070FE | 512GB/1TB/2TB | WiNDy FC500 | 2713hm | 2.0 | 650w

My Share. Im able to hit 4Ghz on E8400 with 43deg idle. not bad

Xtreme Member
    Idle means nothing! It should be cooler than that

My e8400 is at 35/31 at idle, loads (Orthos) about 55c with a Yate Loon D12SH 88cfm. 1.352 vcore.

Idle means nothing! It should be cooler than that

My e8400 is at 35/31 at idle, loads (Orthos) about 55c with a Yate Loon D12SH 88cfm. 1.352 vcore.
    True. But my ambient temp is totally diff from your country. I have also 57-59 load temp using OCCT @ 4Ghz 1.296v. Have you already tried the NH-U12P that came with noctua fan? how's your temp?

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have assumed ambient temps. Its been a while since I've used the Noctua fan in comparison to the Yate Loon, but I think it was something like 5 or 6c? I'll know when i do the testing.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have assumed ambient temps. Its been a while since I've used the Noctua fan in comparison to the Yate Loon, but I think it was something like 5 or 6c? I'll know when i do the testing.
    I'll see, thanks I prefer to use the stock fan that came with HSF. But planning to change for temporary because in the next few weeks will be summer here @ asia

Xtreme Addict
    NH-C12P could not hold my Phenom II load temps with more than 1.35v...Waste of money to buy it i most tell

Xtreme Member
    It's still 1 fan vs. 2 fans setup for ocing. If you have heat issues around the cpu then use the C12P. It does look pretty good though =)

Antec three hundred
    i7 950 @ 4.2
    Rampage Gene III
    12GB Dominator (8-8-8-24 @ 1600 @ 1.64V)
    Asus 6950 DCII
    Corsair HX620
    Intel gen 2 80GB

Xtreme Addict
    yea
    I ordered one for friend some time ago
    quality is veeeery good

Xtreme Addict
    nice how come it says i7 on the top? i never saw a version like that.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah that is strange, mine has the Noctua logo. I didn't know the i7 version was branded differently.

Xtreme Addict
    i checked the i7 one and its not still looks the same.

I am Xtreme
    I have the i7 version in my system and i can definitely say that it has the Noctua logo on the top.
    Intel Core i7 930 @ 4.1 GHz (196x21 - 1.28v)
    Corsair H50 (2x Noctua NF-P12 in Push/Pull)
    Asus P6T Deluxe/OC Palm Edition
    Asus 4870x2 (Stock)
    3GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800
    3x Seagate Savvio 15K 36GB in Raid 0 on Perc 5/i
    2x Samsung Spinpoint HD501LJ in Raid 0
    2x Western Digital WD6400AAKS
    Creative SB X-Fi Elite Pro series / Logitech Z-5500 THX
    Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition / Razer Lachesis
    Coolermaster HAF 932
    Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W PSU
    HP LP2475w

IT Engineer in the making
    If you have a look at the heatpipes end and their length in comparison to your heatsink(s), then you'll notice that he uses a faceplate with the engraved i7 logo.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast