Thread: Boinc 6.6.7

XS WCG Hamster Herder

Boinc 6.6.7

Thought this was worth it's own thread.

I installed 6.6.7 right over the top of my 6.4.5 install. It took off with the work queue from the prior install and appears to be fine so far. Since I was a bit out of date on developments with BOINC, I now have 8 WCG WUs running (on an 8 core Harpertown dual socket machine...) and one GPUGrid running on the GTX260-216. Nice!!

We'll see how it does on fetching more work, etc...

EDIT...It just occurred to me that if this version works out well, I'd be in position to add at least one GTX200 class card to the rest of the farm....Hmmm....14 cards minimum and some of the machines are capable of supporting two cards each...Maybe 18-20 cards? Now just have to come up with the cash, or wake up from my daydream.....

Bob
    Last edited by 123bob; 02-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Addict
    Glad to hear it, Bob. When I went in and out of 6.4.5 it aborted all wus and dled new ones....even wus that were in process. How is 6.6.7 working out for you? I am still running 6.6.3...it's been working well enough that I'm a bit hesitant to update.

I finally got my 4th 8800 up and running again. So, I'm maxed out for the foreseeable future.

We're rollin' right a long, but getting ready to hit a "Pass" wall here soon....

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    About 20 hours into the new run with 6.6.7 and it appears to be running fine. It got new WUs sent in some finished ones and seems to stable on the machine so far. I'll update as I get more run time with it.

Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here