Thread: My Case :)

Banned

My Case :)

Hey guys, the post below with some dude who made a 3d model of his ideal WC case inspired me to draw my own.
    lemme know what u guys think.

if u love it or hate it, its cool. i just wanna know what u think

Xtreme Member
    I like it bud.

if you could add some holes for cables and cut out a hole behind the cpu on the mobo tray and its golden
    i920 @ 200x21 / GA-EX58-UD5 / 3x2GB Dominator / 1600C8D MACH1 1220 watts / HIS 4850 w/ iceQ 4 Turbo 1200/700 / 500GB WD Black - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 / 7x1TB WD Black, 1x1.5TB SG / CM Storm Sniper

Xtreme Member
    u could also try adding a fan on the other side of the big hdd cage to get a good push pull going.
    i920 @ 200x21 / GA-EX58-UD5 / 3x2GB Dominator / 1600C8D MACH1 1220 watts / HIS 4850 w/ iceQ 4 Turbo 1200/700 / 500GB WD Black - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 / 7x1TB WD Black, 1x1.5TB SG / CM Storm Sniper

Xtreme Enthusiast
    what program did u use for drawing this?
    also i think that one rad is not enough

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I agree. Looks good, mate. Is this just for fun or are we going to have some stiff competition to Silverstone et al, lol. If you're serious please allow for e-atx cases, please!
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What is with hole at the bottom next to the PSU slot, how can it blow AIR out if it's sitting on a flat surface?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
    What is with hole at the bottom next to the PSU slot, how can it blow AIR out if it's sitting on a flat surface?
    Case feet.
    Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?

| AMD Phenom II X6 & Xigmatek Dark Knight
    | ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
    | Sapphire HD 5770 1GB
    | Mushkin BL 2 x 2GB
    | WD Caviar Black 1TB
    | Corsair TX650
    | Lian Li PC-K7 Black

Engineering The Xtreme
    well presumably there are feet on the case....

Xtreme Mentor
    Looks good so far. Are you going to build the whole thing from scratch or mod a pre-fabbed case? If you are buying one to mod, what model do you have in mind? Your pic looks a bit like a TJ07.

That would actually be an intake for PSU not exhaust, and yes case feet are the norm on a decent case. There should be ~10mm space between case floor and what its sitting on.
    Last edited by CryptiK; 02-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Engineering The Xtreme
    FYI you've essentially just modeled a modded rocketfish case. not that you haven't done a good job, but if you wanted to avoid having it made which would cost a ton buying a used rocketfish off someone would probably be better

Banned
    thanks for the feedback.

"FYI you've essentially just modeled a modded rocketfish case"
    i didnt know it was a copy of the rocketfish case :S - ive never heard of that tbh.

"What is with hole at the bottom next to the PSU slot"
    Yeh. of course there will be feet to stop rattling on the benchtop etc. and that hole is to exhaust hot air from the PSU fan, rather than have it circulate in the case.

"Is this just for fun or are we going to have some stiff competition to Silverstone"
    lol atm its just for s and giggles. but you never know, if i end up drawing in such a way that it really is a good case, i might have one made. in Australia its very hard to get things manufactured, especially on a budget. but... if i really want to...

"what program did u use for drawing this?
    also i think that one rad is not enough"
    i used google Sketchup - it looks like a real dodjo program at first, but its quite good if u learn to use it. and best of all its free download off google - cbf torrent :P
    oh, and for those who think 1 rad isnt enough - i left enough room for a dual rad in front of the 2 HDD cages up the front.

"if you could add some holes for cables and cut out a hole behind the cpu on the mobo tray and its golden"
    its not done yet! haha i did it in like 1 hour at a friend's house when i was bored.

Engineering The Xtreme
    I wasn't making a stab at your work at all man, I was just letting you know that if you wanted to make something like that for real you could use a rocketfish

Banned
    No problems man, i didn't take it badly. Is the rocketfish a fairly old case? Because i have been keeping my eyes fixed on the market for a nice case for my next build for around 6 months, looking into old cases that are no longer in production is something i had not considered.

Xtreme Cruncher
    man, you should make it 10 expansion slots instead of 7
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    man, you should make it 10 expansion slots instead of 7
    Ok this is something i don't get, why would you want that?

Xtreme Cruncher
    because some motherboards will have the PCI express slot on the edge on the motherboard, so if you only have 7 expansion slots, you wont be able to use doble slot graphic cards
    and also, you have lots of space on below that motherboard, why not use the space???
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Banned
    Lol. Okay i may just do that.

Anyone got anything to say about the whole design of the case? i was thinking of making a secondary chamber - like in the TJ07 how it has the bottom sectioned off from the rest.

Also i am looking into having it made a little more - it would be nice to have a fully custom case. However in Aus there are not many manufacturers, does anyone know any that may be able to do this sort of thing?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldur123 View Post
    Lol. Okay i may just do that.

Anyone got anything to say about the whole design of the case? i was thinking of making a secondary chamber - like in the TJ07 how it has the bottom sectioned off from the rest.
    That would make it a pretty tall case, considering the TJ07 looks to be about the same size as yours is now or just slightly taller, except it has the midplate just below the mobo tray.

Xtreme Member
    One thing I see is that the top mounted radiator may interfere with the motherboard mounting. Unless its the perspective of the drawings, that mobo tray looks awful close to that top.

Then again....it could be me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by armeniandave View Post
    It takes a lot of work to make something look simple!
    Understatement of the year!!!!

Banned
    "That would make it a pretty tall case"
    - not if u just put a partition in, rather than add stuff :S. but hey, thats not a bad idea. make it taller, and have a front compartment too...... i just thought of it, i shall speculate further lol

"the top mounted radiator may interfere"
    - negatory on the inventory. i left room.

ill ask again, does anyone know any Aussie companies that do this type of fabrication? or am i gonna have to go overseas, maybe China...?

XSDCMF
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldur123 View Post
    maybe China...?
    If you're gonna do that, make sure you have your design well protected... . Even then it might get taken.
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Looks like google SketchUp

It looks real nice.
    I would opt for one more fan in the front instead of 4 drive bays.
    unless your running a res in the drive bays ofc
    Antec P180B
    Intel E6300 1.86ghz at 3.1ghz with a Tuniq 120
    2x2gb of G.SKILL DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 T1
    Asus P5N-E SLI
    Thermaltake 600w
    EVGA 8800GTS 320mb

Homeade DICE Action

Xtreme Mentor
    youll need more strength in the case, if you make it so the bottom of the mobo bit/top of big drive bay have a sheet going across it that would make it sturdy enough, and just add a few holes where convenient

also behind the mobo you want a cm, maybe even 2 to re-route wires
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James