Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LN2 Questions

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    disregarding safety you would, legally and literally, have to walk from airgas home if you used that. its not DOT certified
    The welding supply I found that has said I could put it in a cooler, so I was thinking about one of those...

I am Xtreme
    You need a D.O.T. approved Dewar to transport LN2 over the Road . Also you can NOT transport LN2 in a enclosed vehicle. You need a pickup,flatbed ,you get the idea.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    The welding supply I found that has said I could put it in a cooler, so I was thinking about one of those...
    If they said it's OK I would try it, keep a window open for the ride home.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Oh god, don't do that. Chances are the plastic will crack and you'll end up with a lot of liquid nitrogen spewing all over the place. Just get yourself a dewar or rent one and feed off it with a thermos.

¿
    That's possible, you could do some 'tests' with it outside before you take it anywhere.

Admin
    I actually always wondered what would happen...I should try it sometime. Even if it doesn't crack though probably close to half will be gone in about an hour.

Xtreme Addict
    you're gonna end up with a very frosty igloo inside and out - its insulating properties are no where near good enough for cryogenic temperatures. In fairness I think you need to think this through a bit more before proceeding or you're putting your health at risk mate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal View Post
    You need a D.O.T. approved Dewar to transport LN2 over the Road . Also you can NOT transport LN2 in a enclosed vehicle. You need a pickup,flatbed ,you get the idea.
    As long as container is DOT approved its legal in NY to transport in a car I do it all the time. The only restriction I ran into is the supplier wont help you load it into an enclosed vehicle (liability mitigation).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12