Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LN2 Questions

Xtreme Cruncher

LN2 Questions

How much is needed for a bench session? I called a place nearby and they have the 160l tanks for rent $75 a month, $25.00 delivery fee and I forget how much it was a liter to fill it but it come to close to $200.00 for one tank. How long does the LN2 stay good in the tank sitting there? Is there a cheap container I can take and have filled and bring it back home? This place is about 12 miles one way from my house.

Xtremely Addicted
    $300 for 160L delivered and tank for a month sounds like a good deal to me. It shouldnt evaporate more then 0,2L max a day if its decent tank. How much you use per session depends on pot(s), cpu en benchmarks. With E8600 under F1 i use approx 10~12L for an evening 2D benchin and up to 20L for 8 hours 3D. Enjoy its good fun.
    Last edited by Viss; 02-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its almost $200 for 160l, and I got the F1 from Kingpin today...

Xtremely Addicted
    You wil love it

Xtreme Cruncher
    So a full tank could sit there a whole month and still have LN2 in it? Dang I did not know the stuff last that long, of course I am new to LN2...

Xtremely Addicted
    If tank is ok it wil only loose a few liters a month sitting (but that wont happen youll get hooked and bench al night)

Xtreme n00berclocker
    You are getting ripped off. I pay less than a dollar a liter and about 10-20 bucks for a month rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

ODOC
    sweet price cpt ...

its like the big mac index in "wide words"...

its crazy how much the ln2 prices differ, in denmark , the retail price, without any bonus deals what so ever, closes up to 4.8x (by current value), and 25L dewar rent cost approx 5-10$ pr day to rent ...

Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    ....and I got the F1 from Kingpin today...

lol, got mine in yesterday! That thing is gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    lol, got mine in yesterday! That thing is gorgeous
    It is is, man its heavy to I hope it does not crush the cpu...

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post
    You are getting ripped off. I pay less than a dollar a liter and about 10-20 bucks for a month rental.
    Thanks for the info, now that I know it last for a long time I will call around and see what I can get it for, I was looking for the closet place to me. Surely there are better deals coming out of Houston, its only about 45 miles away...

Administrator
    Wheel and deal with them. It's almost like they size you up when you walk in the door and go we can get a $2 a gallon from this guy, hes one of those computer nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Wheel and deal with them. It's almost like they size you up when you walk in the door and go we can get a $2 a gallon from this guy, hes one of those computer nuts
    lmao

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Yea like I told you Buckeye. You can negotiate for the price of LN2. Just tell them you get a better deal from the next guy and they will hook you up.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yea like I told you Buckeye. You can negotiate for the price of LN2. Just tell them you get a better deal from the next guy and they will hook you up.
    Very true, I had my local Airgas a Praxair both try to charge me more than $4/L the first time I went there. You'll love the F1EE, I wish I could justify the cost of one.

Administrator
    It's true, prices are all over the place, and they seem to charge different prices each time you there, at least Airgas out where I live.

I am not really sure what the actual cost of a 1L of LN2 is to manufacture but they seem to have a very large markup depending on where you go and who you talk with.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    So a full tank could sit there a whole month and still have LN2 in it? Dang I did not know the stuff last that long, of course I am new to LN2...
    It all depends on the quality of the dewar and how much it has been beat up. I rented 4 different ones over the course of two months, I had one that barely vented any LN2 and I had 3 crap dewars. The worst offender blew off ~110 liters in the course of a week. Most of those dewars have been beaten up so badly on the trucks and at the depots that it's a miracle they don't crack in half.

All depends on the local market. If I could use it, I can get it for ~65 cents/liter but in 360 liter quantities. Purchasing in 180L quantities yields 85 cents/liter though, not too bad. What the hell would I do with 360 liters? Free my neighborhood?

Xtreme Cruncher
    It was cheap for the LN2 from what he told me on the phone, it was just cents a liter, 75 rental, 25 delivery and I forget the exact price but it was a little less than 200 total for 160l. Now if I had my own container I could take it over there and fill it I guess. Containers do not appear to be cheap though..

-_-
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    It all depends on the quality of the dewar and how much it has been beat up. I rented 4 different ones over the course of two months, I had one that barely vented any LN2 and I had 3 crap dewars. The worst offender blew off ~110 liters in the course of a week. Most of those dewars have been beaten up so badly on the trucks and at the depots that it's a miracle they don't crack in half.

All depends on the local market. If I could use it, I can get it for ~65 cents/liter but in 360 liter quantities. Purchasing in 180L quantities yields 85 cents/liter though, not too bad. What the hell would I do with 360 liters? Free my neighborhood?
    Well then we need to talk about where it is you go for this.

I am sure I can find a way to burn through 360L.....(netburst:p)

I am sick of the 1 hour plus drive to fill a 30L dewer. I know where your coming from regarding the 180L blowing off. I have been told by the guys up there that it is VERY common for that to happen. Every time I go up they first check the 180L ones to see if they can pull from them before they blow off. They say the pressure valves literally need to be changed out after every fill but it never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian y. View Post
    Well then we need to talk about where it is you go for this.

I am sure I can find a way to burn through 360L.....(netburst:p)

I am sick of the 1 hour plus drive to fill a 30L dewer. I know where your coming from regarding the 180L blowing off. I have been told by the guys up there that it is VERY common for that to happen. Every time I go up they first check the 180L ones to see if they can pull from them before they blow off. They say the pressure valves literally need to be changed out after every fill but it never happens.
    Just AirGas, buying in bulk cuts cost. The problem is the crappy dewars make it uneconomical to purchase more than you can use in ~3 to 5 days.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Since the place is only about 12 miles away, I was thinking about buying a 30 l Dewar and just go fill it. I called back and ask how much to fill a 30 l dewar and he said $32.00. So I was looking at one of these http://www.medsupplier.com/Products/...035-501-2.aspx

Xtreme n00berclocker

Party at Goms. Local markets maybe in Europe but in US east coast and west coast. I have always been able to negotiate.

Jake

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Since the place is only about 12 miles away, I was thinking about buying a 30 l Dewar and just go fill it. I called back and ask how much to fill a 30 l dewar and he said $32.00. So I was looking at one of these http://www.medsupplier.com/Products/...035-501-2.aspx
    Search for Blackhole lab surplus on ebay and search for veterinarian semen storage containers on ebay/crraigslist/newspaper. You can get a 25 to 35 liter dewar for under $500 with ease if you search hard enough.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If I drove to town about 8 miles and filled one of these would I be able to get any benching done before it was gone?

I am Xtreme
    If I drove to town about 8 miles and filled one of these would I be able to get any benching done before it was gone?

That is a joke right???????
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

Xtreme Mentor
    disregarding safety you would, legally and literally, have to walk from airgas home if you used that. its not DOT certified
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast