Thread: WTF is Going On

Xtreme Addict

WTF is Going On

Hi, I just got my phase change hooked up today. I have a controller on it, so when I hit the power button it counts down and then the phase unit starts up. Once it hits -25c the PC starts, but the problem is that sometimes (most of the time) it won't start the PC. It says "checking PSU" and counts down from 10sec then turns off. Like before I did a little overclocking, then i turned the pc off for 2hrs and when I start it back up it just keep doing as I descirbed before, then one time it started up fine and I hadn't changed anything

So whats the problem?

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatguy1992 View Post
    Hi, I just got my phase change hooked up today. I have a controller on it, so when I hit the power button it counts down and then the phase unit starts up. Once it hits -25c the PC starts, but the problem is that sometimes (most of the time) it won't start the PC. It says "checking PSU" and counts down from 10sec then turns off. Like before I did a little overclocking, then i turned the pc off for 2hrs and when I start it back up it just keep doing as I descirbed before, then one time it started up fine and I hadn't changed anything

So whats the problem?
    plug the molex plug coming from the gfroster controller into the molex plug on the pc power supply
    the way the controller works, starts cooler, once it reaches -25c it start the PC and checks there is power on the molext plug which provided by the PC power supply, if there is no power after 10seconds the controller shuts down everything for safety reasons.

Xtreme Addict
    I have it connected - i'll go double check

Still didn't work

Maybe there is something in/about my PSU thats stopping it?
    Last edited by fatguy1992; 02-12-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Xtreme Member
    do the kayl step and plug the computer powerbutton plugin to motherboard (as normal way), so when temp reaches -25c, press computer powerbutton

Xtreme Addict
    I just got it to start the pc, but my ud3p is doing what it always does when it has been off for a while (hard 2 explain). All i did was change what plug the molex plugged into.

Also if this stops working again i'll try what u just suggested.

YAY its working

ATM I have my Q6600 @ 4.05GHz idle = -44C and load = -38C
    Last edited by fatguy1992; 02-12-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Its stopped working again, what worked last night and this morning won't work now

If it worked last night and this morning why not now?

Now sometimes after it fails 2 start I have to unplug the unit/computer and plug it back in before I can even get the controller to start the count down.

I need help fixing this.

Please

-100C Club Member
    Its stopped working again, what worked last night and this morning won't work now

If it worked last night and this morning why not now?

Now sometimes after it fails 2 start I have to unplug the unit/computer and plug it back in before I can even get the controller to start the count down.

I need help fixing this.

Please

this drawing might help with connection, maybe double check that the molex plug connect pins are loose or something, double check all connectors to the gfroster are connected correctly and not come loose.

with the 2 pin male connector when shorting the 2 pins to start the controller ensure to short them for atleast 2 secs then release and the controller display should light up and start countdown.
    other than than it should work fine. I have sent you a pm on making a stand alone power supply to make the controller stay on so that should stop the controller from shutting down even if the pc isn’t powered. Best of luck

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry what do you mean by shorting the 2 pin male plug? I use the button off my Antec 1200 to start the controller?

-100C Club Member
    Sorry what do you mean by shorting the 2 pin male plug? I use the button off my Antec 1200 to start the controller?
    shorting those 2 pins together with say a screw driver,using the button on the Antec 1200 will do the same thing, maybe hold the botton in for a second then release.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl View Post
    shorting those 2 pins together with say a screw driver,using the button on the Antec 1200 will do the same thing, maybe hold the botton in for a second then release.
    I used it again yesterday and it did the same thing but after a few trys it started. I did test a few things tho and its not the phase unit or the controller at fault. Because I plugged a power button into the mobo and tried to use that to start the computer when the phase unit was at -25C but it didn't start Therefore its something to do with the mobo or the button was dead.