Thread: bloodrage recommende bios

bloodrage recommende bios

I'm currently back on P03 after switching to G16 and getting thoroughly frustrated. With G16, even a slight overclock from stock 133 to 134 would yield the bios overclock recovery mode message on reboot. On P03 I can overclock a little but cant get 3GHz with a 920 and I honestly don't know why. Admittedly I'm a complete n00b on i7 and I'm still trying to see and read what all the knobs and dials do.

I read that there is another bios, G19a has anyone used it yet?
    What bios is the defacto community recommendation?
    Is there an overclocking 'recipe' so to speak on at least getting above 3GHz? I know that the ceiling is dependent on a few factors but I'd say even the worst 920 should be able to hit at least 3.2.

Has anyone had any weird dvd/cd rom issues? I have a lite-on IDE dvd/cd writer that acts extremely odd. If I boot with a CD in the drive everything behaves normally. When I switch to a different CD or if I boot without a CD and then put one in it behaves very erratically. It doesnt get read properly and can bog down the system. When I try to eject it, it may eject halfway then close again and I have to hit the button a few times for it to eject properly as the system keeps trying to read it. It's an odd issue and I have an extra drive at work I'm going to swap it out with to see if it's the drive.

Xtreme Member
    This should get you started. highly recomended.
    http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/B...loodRage/Beta/
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Been there. I appreciate it.....but it really doesn't answer any questions
    Bloodrage
    Core i7 920 watercooled with a custom fuzion v2 triple nipple
    BFG GTX295 watercooled with Aquagrafx
    6GB Corsair dominator 1866
    2x 150GB velociraptors (raid 0)
    2x 750GB backup (Raid 1)

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    BIOS G13 and G19a.
    The rest are pretty worse and suffer from various annoying bugs.

To learn how to overclock your Core i7 there's a Core i7 overclocking thread here by Saaya. Search for it.
    There are some general rules ( like the "UnCore multiplier should always be twice ( or higher ) the Memory Multiplier" requirement ) that you need to follow.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero