Thread: Post your PPD rates !!

Hi there.
    Posted yesterday some folding numbers for the new IvyBridge Xeon's
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1782201
    In case you are interested.

rgds,
    Andy

Xtreme Member
    You should look into getting one of the cheaper UPS battery backups. We have all of our clients using them and I've yet to have a surge go through one of their resistors.
    yea, i'll probably get something when i get back to the states. i probably won't even worry about it for the couple months i got left here - i'll just use my "broken" laptop to serf and what-not. i can't game on it, but i still have my PS3 and plenty of other stuff to occupy my time. and, once i do get back, i'll probably just upgrade/change out everything, both systems, to either haswell, or maybe a cheap higher end IB. i'll still keep my 690 for folding and will probably still get a 670 or something for my media PC for folding as well (might have to wait and see what the 800 series looks like). looks like i'm going to put my 4k TV on hold since i'll be building a house (until i see if i can afford it). it might still happen down the road, but won't be right away like i wanted it to be.

Posted yesterday some folding numbers for the new IvyBridge Xeon's
    wow, if i'm reading those numbers right, you're getting 680k ppd on a stock clocked (IB, right?) xeon 2p (24c? or 16c?) system?!?! oof... (vs. ~400k ppd SB Xeon, right?) i wonder what haswell would do?

i knew the -bigadv WUs had some real nice bonus points, but wow - i had no idea they were THAT big. that almost makes me wanna go get a single 8c CPU lol. i wish the regular WUs gave better bonus points. before i turned off my CPU (for folding, and just let the GPU run) it was getting barely better than 40k solo - 30k if i was pushing the GPU(s) too.

dumb question: are the 8/12 core CPUs hyper-threaded??
    Last edited by bds71; 09-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bds71 View Post

dumb question: are the 8/12 core CPUs hyper-threaded??

Yes they are, which is why I think im going to potentially invest in a few via "business expenses"

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme Member
    well, i walked in my PC room (after 6 wks of being "down") and low-and-behold my main PC's lights were on inside the case. i powered up, and voila! i'm up and running again lol. sorry gimmpy - you were THIS -||- close !! you know, i couldn't have planned it this way, but the timing couldn't be better :P

i'm thinking the 220 phase on the PSU is out/going out - since i lose power every time i have a power fluctuation, and my PSU "stays" out longer and longer each time it happens. the first time, it was only down for a week or two. this time, it was down for 6 weeks. when i get to the states, i'll see how it behaves on 110....
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well, i walked in my PC room (after 6 wks of being "down") and low-and-behold my main PC's lights were on inside the case. i powered up, and voila! i'm up and running again lol. sorry gimmpy - you were THIS -||- close !! you know, i couldn't have planned it this way, but the timing couldn't be better :P

i'm thinking the 220 phase on the PSU is out/going out - since i lose power every time i have a power fluctuation, and my PSU "stays" out longer and longer each time it happens. the first time, it was only down for a week or two. this time, it was down for 6 weeks. when i get to the states, i'll see how it behaves on 110....
    MAN SO CLOSE!!!!

I ended up getting y and moving my GPU over to LTC mining thinking I had it in the bag lol.

And then I havnt been around the forum for a few weeks because I've been working on mine (https://www.anarchyst-it.com).

0,0 I must now triple my efforts!

sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!

Xtreme Member
    ...and moving my GPU over to LTC mining thinking I had it in the bag lol.
    at one point (as my avg was still climbing before averaging out) I think you were within 2-3 hrs of catching me - like only a few thousand points from catching me oh well, you'll get another chance here soon. the movers will pick up my household goods on Nov 14th, and I probably won't be back up and running until around Christmas time. you'll have a good 6 weeks (maybe more depending on how long it takes to find a house to rent in San Antonio) to catch back up - before I pass you once again <eg>

and, once I get to SA, i'll probably do some "remodeling" on my PC front. i'm digging the prices on the new AMD 280X's (300 bucks is tough to beat for basically a 7970 - which still sells for 400 lol). that (a 280X) should boost my PPD by a good 50%....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Had a client give me their brand new int he box i5-3570k yesterday lol, so since I have a 1155 mobo and some spare ddr3 laying about I think I may pick up another 7950 and make it a little folding machine.

I had to turn everything off the last few days though since my AC went out, and since im in dallas its 80 degrees in october with 100% humidity lol, so my room was quite hot after running my card and cpu on max for 20 hours.

Xtreme Member
    well, I'm back

moved into my new rental house a couple weeks ago (still unpacking lol - I hate moving!!) I unpacked my PCs, but won't have any results until I get my water cooling equipment set up. that could happen this weekend (or a month from now lol)....anyway, once I get everything back up and running (fingers crossed nothing was damaged during the overseas move - other than what was already discovered that is) i'll be folding again. looks like gimpy has a pretty good lead on me - with a couple others catching up as well!! see you guys soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well, I'm back

moved into my new rental house a couple weeks ago (still unpacking lol - I hate moving!!) I unpacked my PCs, but won't have any results until I get my water cooling equipment set up. that could happen this weekend (or a month from now lol)....anyway, once I get everything back up and running (fingers crossed nothing was damaged during the overseas move - other than what was already discovered that is) i'll be folding again. looks like gimpy has a pretty good lead on me - with a couple others catching up as well!! see you guys soon
    right on man welcome back

Honestly not sure where my points are coming from rofl. 50k a day almost and I am not actively folding, though I now have 8x gpus litecoin mining, so if need be ill swap them over from time to time ^_^

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617