Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: [GOOC 2009]Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship 2009

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    You are welcome ^^

Gigabyte failed to tell me where to go and when. Organisation couldn't be much worse
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    I think due to your cancelation, Fr3aK, Blind will be able to arrive Friday as well :p
    I will play Blinds blond secretary just ask for a beer and I will get it for you ! see you on saturday

Gl to all teams
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    hey guys I can confirm about the live broadcast

Feel free to PM me if you come with your laptop + webcam that's always good to have lot of differents view.

Actually 5 webcams... More are welcomed !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Team AF
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    I will play Blinds blond secretary just ask for a beer and I will get it for you ! see you on saturday

Gl to all teams
    Nice to meet you there

Xtreme Addict
    As Pt1t asked me i'll try to come aat the EindHoven Final this WE !

Beer spotted ^^
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post

Gl to all teams
    i hear my name and beer , no worry's leeghoofd hope u can keep up with me jumping all over the place u know how i aim .
    see u on saterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    hey guys I can confirm about the live broadcast

Feel free to PM me if you come with your laptop + webcam that's always good to have lot of differents view.

Actually 5 webcams... More are welcomed !
    il bring my 2MP webcam if i get it back thoughe .

ah nice il see freak aswel .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I and Besi and Rewarder from Team Ocaholic will be arriving at Friday evening !

Regards

splmann
    Last edited by splmann; 03-25-2009 at 01:40 PM.

www.ocaholic.ch

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
    il bring my 2MP webcam if i get it back thoughe .
    Ok cool if you plan to bring you own laptop jsut drop me an PM i'll indicate you which software you'll need to install if you want to braodcast

If you come to eindhoven bring it too !
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    oh dear i am so close and still so far away - getting there no prob but until monday morning afterI have to drive 1200km+ to return home and get to munich for my job...I am thinking hard about it---seeing you writing here I want to give out a beer for all of u for my 24th birthday which was on wednesday...but business will suck my energy until friday. be surprised if u see me saturday
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Xtreme Addict
    come on having a beer is perfect right ? Especially with crazy guys in an OC-events !
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Only Extreme Need Apply
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshal View Post
    Good luck to my friends for ASIA Final round
    Have fun
    nononono.. how come u arnt in it?!
    Buildin

Only Extreme Need Apply
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Trouffman, i might be your man for that minus the webcam
    so can i expect u/beer to be there?
    Buildin

Memory Addict
    The GOOC Asia Regional Final ended with Amazing Australian's Benchmarks and Team Australia will be @ Computex GOOC Final as Asia Regional Final's Champion .

conrgatulations my friend .

btw , it was great that meet our friends in thailand . hope to see them again @ next year competition .

Xtreme Member
    wow alot of posts gone

Champion
    All the beautifull conversations during the contest are lost....I am sad
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    All the beautifull conversations during the contest are lost....I am sad
    Now we can make a better one

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

Champion
    Ok sir, I will try to go first and re-post my story, with a small add-on. So here it goes, for the ones who missed this the first time!

Our strategy for the 4th place was very simple....

We starting training really hard in the day before the competition...

Then, when the competition started in the morning, we just applied what we have rehearsed a day before...

Then, we started testing, but sometimes it was really difficult deciding which of the 3 "Start Benchmark" buttons to push...

Then, seeing that we have many points as Hipro and GPRHellas, we sweet-talked them into giving us the 4th place

Now, leaving the joke aside, it was a fantastic event and I was honoured to be there. First of all, my congratulations to Belgium, Poland and Sweeden, you guys really played cool and made the best out of this competition. My congratulations to Hipro and GPRHellas, you guys really did some serious damage with a c**ppy CPU, and you guys really rock!!! Also, cogratulations to all the teams present, just being there means something, and you guys made this event feel like a really great meeting of first class overclockers.

Congratulations for Gigabyte for making this possible, and for their crew for the organization. Our best regards for Intel, Nvidia, Kingston and Enermax for contributing to such a great event. We had a really great time and we thank you all for that!

Last but not least, our thank for everybody on the forum and chat room for the support, your coments on this thread make me wanna go back and push more

Our story in this event was very simple. We had a nice CPU (PI8M @ 5050MHz), and me managed to squeeze a decent 8M score. Unfortunately, we had some troubles with the mainboard, and we didn;t manage to tweak that some more. We decided to change it just before starting 3DM 2k6 (we were the guys "just changing the motherboard", and that was a very good decision, but also a late one. We did a back-up score for HDR and 2K6 just after we finished re-assembling the set-up, but it was a little bit to late to get a decent score. Shortly put, we had nice CPU, nice VGA's (-120oC / 900MHz GPU), a fair result in PI8M, and we really sucked in 3DMark 2006

I know most of the guys had different types of problems, and I want to tell you guys that luck allways plays a major part in this type of competitions. There are winners here, and they deserve it, but there are no loosers in such an event

I must salute Greece, Russia and Spain, I know they had really crappy CPU's and would have done a very good job with better luck. Maybe this is the same for the others, but them I saw closely. You guy rock anyway. Also, my respect for the Serbian team, you guys put up a very nice SuperPI 8M fight, and it was a pleasure competing with you for the 3rd place most of the time (Poland came in in the end).

What else can I say, beer is good in Prague, we felt extraordinary, I am waiting for Trouff's final edit, and will put up the photos that we have in 1-2 days. Now I must go prepare for Easter (Orthodox country here).

ALSO - My best wished to hey, tosuner_mc, Achilleus (and the other Hungarian guys from last year's MSI event), and the guys from Portugal (Nero and PPInDaHouse). We missed you bros, as much as we missed our brother Micutzu. We had a beer for each and every one of you (and two for Micutzu because he is ssuch a large individual). Hope to see you there next time bros!!!

WE MUST DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!

And DON'T FORGET THE MOTTO GUYS - WE CAME HERE FOR THE BEER!!

Xtreme Russian
    Guys, please send me in PM links to photos of the event. (archives is best way =) )
    DeDaL is still in Prague =) So when he returns to Russia I`ll post our archive on FTP

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Damn, that's a shame ... this thread had like .... 36 pages?
    It was wonderful thanks to you guys and Gigabyte fro preping it well.
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Champion
    Untill now I see 2 very good chronicles of this event:

Overclocking.es from Spain - Story

SyndromeOC from France - forum

Right now I am working on my story, hope it's ready tonight or tomorrow. After that, I will also upload all the pics somewhere on the net for filesharing and I will post the link.

Monster my bro . I wish drink lots of beers with romanian and greek friends. Next time, c u great bro

Champion
    Ah my bro, you make me wanna jump into the next plane and come drink with you guys. We HAVE to meet this year. Maybe we'll get hey to drink too :P

it is very difficult to force to hey to drink. Whenever you want to come here you are my guest bro monster

Xtreme Addict
    hey guy monstru gave the links for my pics it's oki I can Host every pics if you want ^^
    Overclocking-TV Staff

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    Ah my bro, you make me wanna jump into the next plane and come drink with you guys. We HAVE to meet this year. Maybe we'll get hey to drink too :P
    haha man i watched all online and see you all the time eating and drinking it is too bad we couldnt get together, i hope another brand make an europe competition for us to meet, not challenge plus we are always welcome you in Turkiye for sure

i had written this thread but again congrats to all contestants

and and if we win the 1st place next time , i am gonna drink

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast