Thread: *Solved - Sli Issue on Bloodrage

Xtreme Member

Talking *Solved - Sli Issue on Bloodrage

Well, things going in one bad direction.. I m unable to run Quad Sli while sling x2 nvidia GTX295 on the bloodrage.

The system will pretty solid at 3.6 with Sli disabled, but even at factory setting while Sli is on, vantage shortly will crash followed up by a BSOD 0x00000116 Error. Which is a video driver fault.
    Both card with 181.22 driver flawless working on i790 Vista x64 wich is the system used too on the bloodrage.

System Spec

Watercooled

Foxxcon Bloodrage Rv.1 Bios G13

XFX NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 x2
    VelociRaptor x2 Raid0
    Corsair 1000HXEU 1000Watt

Corsair TR3X6G1600C9 Triple Channel DDR3-1600 XMS3-12800 CAS9 6GB. 9-9-9-24
    TEAM GROUP TXD36144M1600HC8TC-D Triple Channel DDR-3 1600 Xtreem 6Gb. 8-8-8-24

So, I've tried running memory in dual-single channel, setting em in the above range.

Code:
    Corsair 

Voltage 1.50 > 1.66

9  >  9
    9  >  10
    9  >  10
    24 >  31
    1  >  3
    74 >  80
    9  >  9
    15 >  15
    7  >  7
    9  >  8
    No luck.
    Even with the TEAM GROUP, while everything on auto/default vantage wil crash. I've reinstalled the Nvidia driver, changed the Bridge, inverted the video card, removed the sound card..
    My question is, anyone got any problem while sling x2 GTX295 on the bloodrage? if not, uor spec?. T.T

Best Regards
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-09-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Issue Solved

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hi xXlAinXx, welcome to XtremeSystems

sorry to hear about your problems...
    so individually they run fine?
    hmmmm have you tried G16?

Xtreme Member
    Howdy saaya, thanks though for the very quick reply too.
    Yes, both of em run fine as long sli is disabled
    I will give a shot to it right now!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm how are you powering them?
    what psu? how do you connect the psu to the cards?
    maybe the psu isnt beefy enough?
    doesnt mean its a bad psu, its just that 295 cards consume up to 295W pretty much

Xtreme Member
    It's one Corsair 1000HX 1000Watt, effective throughput will be like the declared value.

Edit*
    Saaya u saved my day for sure!

Reprogrammed with G16 solved the issue!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Best regards
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-09-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Sli Issue

I know this is a little OT, but I have a question with the second 295 in SLI. Does it go in the second red PCI slot? If so, How do you gain access to the USB ports on the bottom of the board, it keeps my 295 from fully seating without LOTS of pressure. Is there a 90 degree adapter available somewhere for this or am I doing something wrong ?? Thanks for any insight into this

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1947 View Post
    I know this is a little OT, but I have a question with the second 295 in SLI. Does it go in the second red PCI slot? If so, How do you gain access to the USB ports on the bottom of the board, it keeps my 295 from fully seating without LOTS of pressure. Is there a 90 degree adapter available somewhere for this or am I doing something wrong ?? Thanks for any insight into this
    Yes and if so do they not get very hot due to the small breathing room??

Any microstuters??
    Lian Li V1000 Plus - Core i7 920 2.66 Overclocked to 4.1ghz 1.448v 20x 1.3v QPI Multi 205MHZ BCLK (Still Tweaking) & Watercooled With 2x Feser TFC Xchanger 120mm Rads, EK Supreme Acrylic CPU Block - XSPC Drive Res - Laing DDC-1T Ultra Alphacool Top - Rampage II X58 - XFX GTX 295 680/1380/1100MHZ- 3x2GB (6GB Total) Corsair Dominator Triple Channel DDR3 1600mhz - Tagan Piperock 1100W PSU - 2x WD Velociraptors Raid 0 - Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Beta

Quote Originally Posted by swale View Post

Any microstuters??
    I haven't noticed any microstutters (yet), just getting things set up here. like I said, my main concern is the on-board USB headers being covered by the card, also come to think of it, all the connections are buried by this card on the bottom edge, not a big issue except for getting a good seating into the PCI slot

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1947 View Post
    i didnt think anybody would use 2 double slot vgas and the usb slots on the bottom of the board
    yes, the space is tight there... i dont know if there are 90degree plugs out there... id recommend you to use a usb hub to have front usb plugs... those things cost 5$ nowadays and you dont have any cable mess inside your case

Quote Originally Posted by swale View Post
    Any microstuters??
    what do you mean with small breathing room? BloodRage is the only board with a free slot between the pciE slots even when 2 dualslot cards are installed

about microstutters, ive heard some people mentioning them with 295 quadsli... but i hope its just a driver thing and will be solved soon

good to hear the problem is solved!
    do you get stuttering with a single 295 as well xXlAinXx?
    if i were you id contact nvidia support and ask them, there might be an updated driver to solve it, or maybe they can give some feedback to their engineers and push them to check this

its quite common that a lot of people have an issue but nobody actually reports it to the manufacturer cause they think they wont listen anyways, so then the manufacturer doesnt even know the problem exists

Xtreme Member
    In fact, there no new driver release since the launch date
    Enabling "Supersampling" "Trilinear optimization" and "Triple buffering" will help a bit tought the frameskipping still remain noticeable, even it's almost imperceptible.
    When both GTX295 was tested in single instance, the microstutters was not so evident for notice the difference between a single pcb card

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, didnt know that... ask nvidia support, im sure they have some new betas...

hmmm did you test the frame times with fraps?
    check it!

just copy paste the text file results into excel and you get a graph right away and can tell if the frame times are propper or messed up.
    it could also be a problem of not having enough mem and the game swapping data from the hdd... but i doubt thats the case...
    then again, i heard gta4 uses HUGE amounts of mem, and if your playing it on vista with 3x1gb then that might explain some stuttering... but only when loading the game, after some time it should be less evident hmmm is it really bad stuttering every now and then, or is it a constant tiny stuttering?
    the first is rather hdd related, the second is vga related id say

Xtreme Member
    I will quote myself

So, seems like a PCIe to PCIe communication problem caused by the chipset/graphics driver.

Both Nvidia/Intel are slacking
    Just fired up the newly release 182.05, frameskipping it's nearly gone
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-10-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Update