winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Bios screenies in good quality please, If you need me to I can host them just email them to me.
    thanks im trying to scramble for some AA batts for my cam and i cant go back out for now i have my son in the bath, im gonna take pic of the bios hopefully when he comes out.
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Xtreme Addict
    max volts
    chew there no cntrl+f1

edit* its there nothing special though

By deeodee
    Last edited by msimax; 02-13-2009 at 06:20 PM.

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by msimax View Post
    max volts
    chew there no cntrl+f1

edit* its there nothing special though

By deeodee
    Memory options in particualr is what I need to see.

Then I need to see the same memory page on the asus if its not to troublesome for you.

Woot 17,500 mhz option I wonder what we need to use for cooling to get that high
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    i should have that monday

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Brilliant Idiot
    i should have that monday
    thx very much appreciated
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    wth asus pull there am3 boards of the site whats going on with them

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Xtreme Member
    BIOS shots with camera are a must please, Make sure to hit ctrl + f1 to show hidden options and show us available memory options.
    Will try to get you a set of bios shots!

Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    RAAWR

I swear if newegg was a person I would smack it in the face and call it a dirty name.

Out of like twenty orders in the last month, none of which I gave a crap about in the least as far as delivery time goes, 19 showed up the next day.

I ordered my 720BE yesterday. Guess which single order out of 20 decided to take two days therefore not coming until monday on the first weekend I've had off in two months...

Screw you. I hope you got a dead CPU.

(no not really I hope you got an awesome overclocker)
    I here you! I missed my CPU by 2 hours (post office was closed) and hade to wait an extra day to, and it sucked - big time!

Other thougts:
    Board and CPU runs fine, BUT don´t try to install win with USB keyboard. I recomend everyone how buys this board to update to F4D bios before installing windows. F4d fixes USB keboard issue and some other stuff, including DDR3 voltage tabel over 2,2V

My A-Data Viesta EE didi not work ón this board, borked 3 Vista installs. If my kit is dying or if my board does not like them, remains to be seen. Crucial Ballistix work great. And 1600Mhz divider is also solid so far. Good Work Gigabyte!

Realy quick first OC
    AMD
    955BE, 720BE & Athlon II 250
    Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P F5 Bios
    Crucial Value 2*1Gb D9 JNM
    XFX 4770
    Seventeam 650w

Xtreme Member
    Bios Screens for Chew* And others of course!

@ Chew*
    Pm me if you need more detaild screen, or of specific settings!
    AMD
    XFX 4770
    Seventeam 650w

Xtreme Member
    I think this is the best looking board I have seen, apart from the bloodrage, but thats a whole other platform.

Xtreme Mentor
    msimax now I know why you went for Kingston memory - blue heatspreader (it looks cool all in blue )
    Also it's good to see that this board give +1.4V on IMC/L3! I hope GA will implement this option in BIOS for old 790FX-DQ6 as well.
    2.3V+ for CPU is more than enough

BadNizze thanks for detailed pictures. Now get back to benching
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Member
    i have no idea what those are. are they in the usa
    actually thats the catch they are hard to come by atm.
    Havent found a shop which ships international yet.
    But hey somebody posted a review over in xtreme bandwidht
    --------------------------------------------------
    AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV
    HD6970
    LSI Megaraid 9260-4i 4xMomentus XT
    OCZ Vertex 3@SB850
    8 gig Patriot Viper 7-7-7-24 T1
    Swiftech Watercooling
    Filco Majestouch 2
    Zowie EC1
    --------------------------------------------------

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks guys. Has any of you tested if Overdrive works with this board?
    Seems we made our greatest error when we named it at the start
    for though we called it "Human Nature" - it was cancer of the heart
    CPU: AMD X3 720BE@ 3,4Ghz
    Cooler: Xigmatek S1283(Terrible mounting system for AM2/3)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P(F4) RAM: 2x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz Gold 8-8-8-24
    GPU:HD5850 1GB
    PSU: Seasonic M12D 750W Case: Coolermaster HAF932(aka Dusty )

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BadNizze View Post
    Will try to get you a set of bios shots!

I here you! I missed my CPU by 2 hours (post office was closed) and hade to wait an extra day to, and it sucked - big time!

Other thougts:
    Board and CPU runs fine, BUT don´t try to install win with USB keyboard. I recomend everyone how buys this board to update to F4D bios before installing windows. F4d fixes USB keboard issue and some other stuff, including DDR3 voltage tabel over 2,2V

My A-Data Viesta EE didi not work ón this board, borked 3 Vista installs. If my kit is dying or if my board does not like them, remains to be seen. Crucial Ballistix work great. And 1600Mhz divider is also solid so far. Good Work Gigabyte!

Realy quick first OC
    Did you reduce the VCORE to 1.3250V and raise the NB multiplier to 11x or is it the BIOS default?
    -

Xtreme Member
    VCORE was/is stock @ 1,325 NB vid was raised to 11. Currently repairing my Vista install as I was a bit to optimistic earlier tonight
    AMD
    XFX 4770
    Seventeam 650w

Xtreme Addict
    BadNizze, thanks for all of the BIOS shots, at least I can blow them up on my screen and pretend I have my system running.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Addict
    Figured I'd bump this with an update... got the 720BE in today, as usual I experience a brand new tiny irritating hardware issue that I've never seen the likes of before.

I build a minimum of 15-20 systems a month at work, from value box to high end workstation, and rarely do I experience a setup/install that does not have at least one minor and annoying quirk.

The BIOS = Overall nice, with a dash of annoy

With default bios settings, computer enters bios properly with my Microsoft sidewinder X6 (semi-fugly but lovable) keyboard. I can enter BIOS option "MB Intelligent Tweaker", but have no control over any fields, and BIOS is unresponsive (completely locked, escape does not work), upon reset BIOS restarts succesfully but still experiences same issue. If "Support USB Keyboard" is enabled, then F10 and Save settings, BIOS will fail to restart. Stuck at blank cursor screen, completely unresponsive. BIOS is trashed. Must be CMOS'd. After clean BIOS restart with MS keyboard replaced by Legacy POS Dell keyboard, BIOS functions perfectly and I have access to all options. This keyboard worked with my Biostar 790GX, and MS makes solid peripherals IMO, so suspicion of blame falls heavily on Gigabyte ATM.

So in summary, if I want to OC I have to switch keyboards.

I am looking at it in a good way, at least the thing is up and running solid overall. A stable clean running system is worth putting up with some type of wonky BIOS bug.

Anyways, it's late so no real OC but initial impressions are good. Have my G.Skill running rated speed at DDR3-1600, and stable with stock volt OC to 3.2; I will do some further tweaking tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what this $155 chip will do.
    Last edited by iandh; 02-17-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I am looking at it in a good way, at least the thing is up and running solid overall. A stable clean running system is worth putting up with some type of wonky BIOS bug.

Anyways, it's late so no real OC but initial impressions are good. Have my G.Skill running rated speed at DDR3-1600, and stable with stock volt OC to 3.2; I will do some further tweaking tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what this $155 chip will do.
    Strange... msimax has some problem with DDR3-1600 setup. Here you can read about that.
    -

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    Strange... msimax has some problem with DDR3-1600 setup. Here you can read about that.
    Hmm. Haven't run memtest yet (just installed windows about an hour ago), but I seem very stable.

I haven't tried to go over DDR3-1600 yet, so have not experienced the same problem he has (yet, hopefully never). I'll be doing an initial OC tomorrow night so I may be able to give some more input then.

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm. Haven't run memtest yet (just installed windows about an hour ago), but I seem very stable.

I haven't tried to go over DDR3-1600 yet, so have not experienced the same problem he has (yet, hopefully never). I'll be doing an initial OC tomorrow night so I may be able to give some more input then.
    He wrote:

update the giga board refuse to take the memory to 1665mhz it defaults back to the x6.66 memory divider so now im gonna test with d9
    What kind of DDR3 modules do you use?
    -

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverda View Post
    He wrote:

What kind of DDR3 modules do you use?
    Some cheap G.Skill NQ's, but they were on the compatible list provided by Gigabyte... not sure of the module type yet.
    Last edited by iandh; 02-17-2009 at 01:38 AM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Some cheap G.Skill NQ's, but they were on the compatible list provided by Gigabyte... not sure of the module type yet.
    I did the same I ordered some 3x2g gskills, that had rave reviews, etc they worked for everyone that bought them. They are not the fastest, they are not the tightest timings. I can cherry pick the 2 best sticks + because I ordered a 3 channel kit they will have better resale value.

I need something stable however to conduct tests. I rarely find the highest binned ram stable enough for 24/7 use. They are for benching and benching only. I returned my d9's becasue of this.

I will pick up a good 3x1 gig set for benching down the line, as it is pointless for me to spend alot of loot on a set of memory that sits on a shelf for the majority of its life save hardcore amphetamine
    filled benching sessions.

IandH, good to hear its doing well for you, I had a problem with my saitek and an abit board, took me a while to diagnose it, fear would start getting choppy sound would start to gargle and eventually game and pc would freeze, slapped a ps2 keyboard on it and voila problem solved, hurray for legacy devices...
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    I did the same I ordered some 3x2g gskills, that had rave reviews, etc they worked for everyone that bought them. They are not the fastest, they are not the tightest timings. I can cherry pick the 2 best sticks + because I ordered a 3 channel kit they will have better resale value.

I need something stable however to conduct tests. I rarely find the highest binned ram stable enough for 24/7 use. They are for benching and benching only. I returned my d9's becasue of this.

I will pick up a good 3x1 gig set for benching down the line, as it is pointless for me to spend alot of loot on a set of memory that sits on a shelf for the majority of its life save hardcore amphetamine
    filled benching sessions.

IandH, good to hear its doing well for you, I had a problem with my saitek and an abit board, took me a while to diagnose it, fear would start getting choppy sound would start to gargle and eventually game and pc would freeze, slapped a ps2 keyboard on it and voila problem solved, hurray for legacy devices...
    I feel exactly the same as you as far as ram sticks go. I've had the same experiences... in fact the reason I purchased these was so I could have a cheap n'easy "guaranteed to work" set to start out with. Now I can purchase an exotic kit for benching when a good deal pops up and not have to worry about compatibility or stability.

I've had really good luck with cheap ram giving me stability combined with good mild OC and/or slightly tighter timings.

Xtreme Addict
    720 BE doing 3.4 semi-table @ 1.375vcore and 3.6 stable @ 1.45vcore w/NB & SB bump. Did quick 20min OCCT on each. I'll run 1hour later on when I am eating dinner. Multi only OC, all other settings running default besides manual set mem to 1600

Nothing amazing yet but very satisfactory.

So far very stable CPU voltage on this board, slightly under but no discernable vdroop at this voltage/load.

Brilliant Idiot
    720 BE doing 3.4 semi-table @ 1.375vcore and 3.6 stable @ 1.45vcore w/NB & SB bump. Did quick 20min OCCT on each. I'll run 1hour later on when I am eating dinner. Multi only OC, all other settings running default besides manual set mem to 1600

Nothing amazing yet but very satisfactory.

So far very stable CPU voltage on this board, slightly under but no discernable vdroop at this voltage/load.
    Do let us know if the NB clocking actually works. I've read numerous accounts of it not working etc refusing to boot.
    heatware chew*

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast