Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations to XtremeSystems

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    I finally had to donate this morning because Dave keeps calling my house at 2AM to remind me and I figure it's cheaper than paying for a call block...

srsly though, I just opened this subforum for the first time in a week and saw the thread this morning. It's usually keep it collapsed from the index.

Hence why Dave doesnt have my telephone number
    RIP GrandDad , I'll miss you -15/07/1985
    RIP GrandMother, I'll miss you -08/08/2007

Dave is the man!

Admin
    AFAIK, we don't pay by the byte anyway

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    AFAIK, we don't pay by the byte anyway
    how do we pay
    or should i say... what plan are we on

Dave is the man!

Xtreme Mentor
    i get paid friday will send a lil ! only young working part time so wont be a lot

but every little counts

*bumpity bump* ouch I hit my leg on the table
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Quote Originally Posted by KELL5 View Post
    no no, see this is where you have it wrong. A thread crapper could be virtually anyone that doesn't agree with an OP's idea. Censoring speech is what will drive people away if anything.

However I'd like to bet sigs use more bandwidth on this site than anything else. Take movieman as an example. Everytime he posts anything, his sig is virtually always longer. This would suggest that there is more server space taken up by his sig than all of his posts combined.......all 22k of them. Then there's BROTHER ESAU with his 19 line sig with animated gifs etc. This is but two guys. If you multiply that by 50% of the users of this forum and the result = more bandwidth on this site is for sigs than anything else. If you click on a thread with say 40 posts in it, you can guarentee there is more sig data in there than any relevant content.

At the end of the day, guys running a forum would know this.....and would act on it......not simply put out the begging bowl for donations to help pay for all this wasted bandwidth.
    Actually text takes next to no bandwidth, and pictures in sigs aren't hosted on XS, they are hosted on imageshack, photobucket, etc... so no number of images impacts XS bandwidth directly like that.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Actually text takes next to no bandwidth, and pictures in sigs aren't hosted on XS, they are hosted on imageshack, photobucket, etc... so no number of images impacts XS bandwidth directly like that.
    thats what ive said!

ovbiously its just the ammount of users we have ..

Dave is the man!

Attack Dachshund
    Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    how do we pay
    or should i say... what plan are we on

we're on the Dave (movieman) plan.. which means talk all you want until your cell battery goes dead, then swap it out for the one on the charger, and continue.

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    we're on the Dave (movieman) plan.. which means talk all you want until your cell battery goes dead, then swap it out for the one on the charger, and continue.

well ... we dont have phones in england
    Only modem internet access

Dave is the man!

Xtreme Addict
    Without some creative sigs, the site would have no personality...kind of feel like you dont know who you are "talking" to. And a 2 word sig saved in word is 10kbs, some of the longest sigs were still only 16kbs, neither is going to save any significant bandwidth, bandwidth just sheer numbers of people. Not to mention trying to help someone without a sig with a computer problem, or that sigs sometimes have better content than the posts.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Added a lil bit...

And this post is all I need to feed my insecurity

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    That "begging bowl" comment was uncalled for and intended to piss people off.
    TBH it did piss me off. I'm not one that's mad for political correctness, I was born much earlier than the coining of such travesty, but within and without context, it was deliberately disrespectful.

I can't speak for the subject in question, but AFAIC the only begging bowl here is the one I brought with me when I joined the forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
    it was deliberately disrespectful.
    Yup. And round these parts, disrespect is a hangin', I mean bannin' offense.

Xtreme Addict
    Sent $14.42 I had sitting in my paypal.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Cruncher
    I just sent a little.

Bandwidth is flat rate. Its ok Dave, comments I let go, even the rude ones. Others see what he posted and will base their own decision, I bet that kind of comment will work more against him than for him.

Ive carried this site for many years, many could not understand how but I have budgeted based on my job status but since I have been out of work since December things are getting tight. Not that I really needed to bring that up but I am trying to get advertising rolling and that takes time.

I really appriciate everyones help, hopefully no more than two more months of this dry spell till I have the top right filled.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Cruncher
    Dave I was also hurt by his comments, but this is not mandatory that you donate if you feel so inclined to do so then go ahead if you don't that is fine too. This community is about sharing and helping each other achieve better performance out of the components you have or if you need to vent a little from your bad day at work. I appreciate all that all the admins do and and Fugger for keeping XS afloat.
    P.S. when my taxes come back you will receive a little more.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Bandwidth is flat rate. Its ok Dave, comments I let go, even the rude ones. Others see what he posted and will base their own decision, I bet that kind of comment will work more against him than for him.

Ive carried this site for many years, many could not understand how but I have budgeted based on my job status but since I have been out of work since December things are getting tight. Not that I really needed to bring that up but I am trying to get advertising rolling and that takes time.

I really appriciate everyones help, hopefully no more than two more months of this dry spell till I have the top right filled.
    Your a milder personality than I am or more forgiving..
    I'm sort of black and white.
    If a friend I'd die for you but when I saw that comment my blood was boiling..
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
    It would still use bandwidth as long as the server has to pull the image from photobucket of image shack. It still would take bandwidth.. However it would not take Server Hard Drive Space
    How so? The only thing on the page for a sig image is a reference (text) to the outside image source (photobucket). The images are loaded from photobucket to the user, and not through the XS website. At least, that's how I thought it worked.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Don't fret guys. Several of these posts indicate these morons don't know how these things work; neither hosting nor the forum functionality. Those comments only serve to highlight apparent ignorance.

I gave Jimmy Wales $100, and I certainly use XS more often than wikipedia. I'm glad to help out Charles. Thanks for a great site.

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Mr Fantasic
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    How so? The only thing on the page for a sig image is a reference (text) to the outside image source (photobucket). The images are loaded from photobucket to the user, and not through the XS website. At least, that's how I thought it worked.
    I think the poster before you is alittle confused

Dave is the man!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Donation made - thanks for a great site with great people
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad

Xtreme Cruncher
    sent a few bucks your way
    Its not overkill if it works.

Xtreme Member
    Sent a little today. Thanks for posting this Fugger. I've been wondering about donations for awhile now.

I am Xtreme
    Cracked open the piggy bank for you dude. Good luck.

Xtreme Member
    Send few bucks, but the currency exchange rates USD/PLN are killing me :/ As soon as I'll get some more money I'll send it right in!

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    resemble
    Resent

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast