Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations to XtremeSystems

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    Not everyone has a PayPal account, or can afford to get a membership or whatever this site plans to offer. I think the "Members Only" section is useless.

This donation thread is more than enough, IMO. If FUGGER ran out of money, he could always bump this to get our attention again.

Edit: It probably would be nice to see a thread of a list of members who have donated to this site, and they would get a custom color name.
    This.^

Plus, it's mostly people like Movieman who takes up all the bandwidth, I mean, look at how many posts he has.

Money sent, not much, but it's V day, she sucked me dry. Thanks for removing the ads.
    Modded Cosmos. | Maximus II Formula. Bios 1307| 2x2 Mushkin XP ASCENT 8500 | Q9550-E0- 4.10 + TRUE | Visiontek HD4870X2 | LN32A550 1920x1080 | X-FI Extreme Gamer | Z5300E | G15v.1 | G7 | MX518 | Corsair HX1000 | X25-MG2 80G | 5xHDD

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by ragzarok View Post
    This.^

Plus, it's mostly people like Movieman who takes up all the bandwidth, I mean, look at how many posts he has.

Money sent, not much, but it's V day, she sucked me dry. Thanks for removing the ads.
    1) Hey, I resemble that remark!
    2) Lucky you!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Attack Dachshund
    I finally had to donate this morning because Dave keeps calling my house at 2AM to remind me and I figure it's cheaper than paying for a call block...

srsly though, I just opened this subforum for the first time in a week and saw the thread this morning. It's usually keep it collapsed from the index.

Attack Dachshund
    Charles, put a paypal button on the index page... here's how https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...-intro-outside
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.gif 
Views:	850 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	94820  

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    I finally had to donate this morning because Dave keeps calling my house at 2AM to remind me and I figure it's cheaper than paying for a call block...

srsly though, I just opened this subforum for the first time in a week and saw the thread this morning. It's usually keep it collapsed from the index.
    That is simply not true!
    I did not call your house at 2am..

(it was 1:58..get your facts straight!)
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Charles, put a paypal button on the index page... here's how https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...-intro-outside
    That's his ad space he was talking about trying to sell earlier

Donation sent!
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Hamster Powered

Not to mention the hearing loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.gif 
Views:	811 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	94829  
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Addict
    Happy to donate for a worthy education Could not imagine doing custom cooling/builds and now considering SS, without learning from others on this site first. (my wife alya, the paypal machine, had to send the 50...hadnt used paypal myself, convenient though)

Use one or two Google AdS to get some money.
    (Sorry my English!)

Kind Regards!

Banned
    here's an idea, cut down sig sizes and save some bandwidth instead

guys posting "yeah I agree" with a book for a sig ain't helping fuggers pocket

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by KELL5 View Post
    here's an idea, cut down sig sizes and save some bandwidth instead

guys posting "yeah I agree" with a book for a sig ain't helping fuggers pocket
    Yea, I agree..
    I just had too.. Blame yourself!
    Seriously, I think you pay for not only what you use but for a "potential" use.
    From the times I've checked there is usually between 800-1200 people on at any one time.
    Most users ever online was 1,491, 01-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.

I am Xtreme
    OK, one more time, could someone tell me why a membership approach is so repugnant?

I understand a lot of people are minors or students or just not in good financial shape. So if the site were crippled for non-members that would well and truly suck.

But it doesn't have to be like that. Just give members certain privileges that would be nice to have but don't affect the value of the site for everyone else.

Some of these have already been mentioned, but it could be things like a special font color for the user name, the right to edit the avatar title, the right to have an animated avatar or a longer sig (inwhich case the current limits would be pared back for non-members).

You could also create members only sub-forums/fora that don't relate directly to hardware and oc'ing. I can't think of any examples right now (wink, wink) but you get the idea.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
    OK, one more time, could someone tell me why a membership approach is so repugnant?

I understand a lot of people are minors or students or just not in good financial shape. So if the site were crippled for non-members that would well and truly suck.

But it doesn't have to be like that. Just give members certain privileges that would be nice to have but don't affect the value of the site for everyone else.

Some of these have already been mentioned, but it could be things like a special font color for the user name, the right to edit the avatar title, the right to have an animated avatar or a longer sig (inwhich case the current limits would be pared back for non-members).

You could also create members only sub-forums/fora that don't relate directly to hardware and oc'ing. I can't think of any examples right now (wink, wink) but you get the idea.

Doesn't Hardforum have a premium membership or am I losing it? i think you can post BS and offtopic thread derails and the like...oh wait we have that too. XtremeSpeakFreely forum right?
    SOGOs > BOGOs

V3 Xeons coming soon!

I think that creates an eliteism and the last thing that is wanted here.
    Everyone should feel equal.
    Donations should be because people want to help, not for something that others don't have.
    Also I don't think we want to alienate anyone due to financial situation.
    The 15 year old kid tinkering with his system today is the sampsa and macci of tomorrow..

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I think that creates an eliteism and the last thing that is wanted here.
    Everyone should feel equal.
    Donations should be because people want to help, not for something that others don't have.
    Also I don't think we want to alienate anyone due to financial situation.
    The 15 year old kid tinkering with his system today is the sampsa and macci of tomorrow..
    I understand what you're saying, but I honestly don't get the elitism thing. I've been on sites that not only have memberships but different grades of memberships and it never bothered me at all that I didn't have a fancy avatar or whatever. But then I've always been pretty secure with who I am and who I'm not so I may not be in touch what the average person feels.

Also, I don't think it's elitism if you have members only forums as long as they don't relate to the sites primary mission. That would be transparent to everyone - just like for sale section is now. People might find out about them but it wouldn't be something that was in everyone's face.

Asking people to pitch in is fine, but if with over 1000 people on line at any given time the site can't make enough money to break even, then something is wrong and it might be worth exploring possible long-term solutions. JMO.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I understand what you're saying, but I honestly don't get the elitism thing. I've been on sites that not only have memberships but different grades of memberships and it never bothered me at all that I didn't have a fancy avatar or whatever. But then I've always been pretty secure with who I am and who I'm not so I may not be in touch what the average person feels.

Also, I don't think it's elitism if you have members only forums as long as they don't relate to the sites primary mission. That would be transparent to everyone - just like for sale section is now. People might find out about them but it wouldn't be something that was in everyone's face.

Asking people to pitch in is fine, but if with over 1000 people on line at any given time the site can't make enough money to break even, then something is wrong and it might be worth exploring possible long-term solutions. JMO.
    I agree, but I wish people would just give what they can, when they can. I'm not just talking about XS, but things in general. Nothing wrong with a perk or so. Depends on FUGGER as he is the owner, yes?

I like this site, I get a lot from it and I don't want it to go away. Therefore I donate. Pure and easy

Want to limit wasted bandwidth? See if you can't somehow talk sense into nonsenical, thread crapping fanboys. I'm not talking about mass censorship, I love a good debate and all, just crack down on the worst offending flamebaiters. Only a thought.
    Last edited by CmB; 02-15-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

V3 Xeons coming soon!

Good points but remember, your thoughts are coming from an adult with a good education and a lot of life experience so you see them in a way that perhaps would be missed by a 15-19 year older..
    My thinking is that we absolutely make sure that no one thinks that we are tring to push them away no matter what.
    We see this a lot alike but our differences may be in OUR backgrounds..
    Your is legal, mine is in sales where perception can easily become reality and I tend to look from that perspective.

I am Xtreme
    Good points but remember, your thoughts are coming from an adult with a good education and a lot of life experience so you see them in a way that perhaps would be missed by a 15-19 year older..
    My thinking is that we absolutely make sure that no one thinks that we are tring to push them away no matter what.
    We see this a lot alike but our differences may be in OUR backgrounds..
    Your is legal, mine is in sales where perception can easily become reality and I tend to look from that perspective.
    Point taken.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_king View Post
    Want to limit wasted bandwidth? See if you can't somehow talk sense into nonsenical, thread crapping fanboys. I'm not talking about mass censorship, I love a good debate and all, just crack down on the worst offending flamebaiters. Only a thought.
    no no, see this is where you have it wrong. A thread crapper could be virtually anyone that doesn't agree with an OP's idea. Censoring speech is what will drive people away if anything.

However I'd like to bet sigs use more bandwidth on this site than anything else. Take movieman as an example. Everytime he posts anything, his sig is virtually always longer. This would suggest that there is more server space taken up by his sig than all of his posts combined.......all 22k of them. Then there's BROTHER ESAU with his 19 line sig with animated gifs etc. This is but two guys. If you multiply that by 50% of the users of this forum and the result = more bandwidth on this site is for sigs than anything else. If you click on a thread with say 40 posts in it, you can guarentee there is more sig data in there than any relevant content.

At the end of the day, guys running a forum would know this.....and would act on it......not simply put out the begging bowl for donations to help pay for all this wasted bandwidth.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Easy fix for sig issue; display sig only once per page, regardless of number of posts.
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by KELL5 View Post
    no no, see this is where you have it wrong. A thread crapper could be virtually anyone that doesn't agree with an OP's idea. Censoring speech is what will drive people away if anything.

However I'd like to bet sigs use more bandwidth on this site than anything else. Take movieman as an example. Everytime he posts anything, his sig is virtually always longer. This would suggest that there is more server space taken up by his sig than all of his posts combined.......all 22k of them. Then there's BROTHER ESAU with his 19 line sig with animated gifs etc. This is but two guys. If you multiply that by 50% of the users of this forum and the result = more bandwidth on this site is for sigs than anything else. If you click on a thread with say 40 posts in it, you can guarentee there is more sig data in there than any relevant content.

At the end of the day, guys running a forum would know this.....and would act on it......not simply put out the begging bowl for donations to help pay for all this wasted bandwidth.
    I don't often say this but you really pissed me off.
    I try to accomplish something with that sig but since it irritates you so much I'll go and work on cutting it down.
    Now that isn't what pissed me off. It's your last line.
    "not simply put out the begging bowl for donations to help pay for all this wasted bandwidth"
    If you had a freaking clue what you were talking about you wouldn't say that.
    Bandwidth fees aren't just about what you use but what has to be available for you to use and that "begging bowl" comment was not only uncalled for it was intentional and meant to be demeaning to the guy that owns this site.
    Since you don't likie the place or how it's run I'm going to do you a favor so you won't have to put up with all this incompetance... See ya!

Mr. Boardburner
    Dave, take it easy. You know you should. Some people just arent't worth it.
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Dave, take it easy. You know you should. Some people just arent't worth it.
    That "begging bowl" comment was uncalled for and intended to piss people off.
    He got his wish. He really pissed me off and he's gone.
    Let him go and piss on another forum and see how they like it.
    And so that anyone won't be upset at the size of my sig I'm cutting it down.

Xtreme Cruncher
    In support of Dave I likewise have reduced my sig.
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

Mr Fantasic
    That "begging bowl" comment was uncalled for and intended to piss people off.
    He got his wish. He really pissed me off and he's gone.
    Let him go and piss on another forum and see how they like it.
    And so that anyone won't be upset at the size of my sig I'm cutting it down.
    ive never seen you pissed off!

you should have .....

http://ibby.co.uk/xs/:banana::banana...lap%5b1%5d.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    In support of Dave I likewise have reduced my sig.

I dont see how thats going to work, its text, its very minimal!

BUT the only other solution is to move the "smilies" or image hosting to another server!

(ie one server where the line is 100mb "unlimited" and it dont need to be a powerful server atall!)
    Last edited by ibby; 02-16-2009 at 04:51 AM.
    RIP GrandDad , I'll miss you -15/07/1985
    RIP GrandMother, I'll miss you -08/08/2007

Dave is the man!

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast