Thread: Blood Rage - Best 1366 Air Cooler?!

Blood Rage - Best 1366 Air Cooler?!

Hi Guys any recommendations on Air Coolers for 1366 Socket (or I might have to go with the good ol' Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Socket LGA775).

Apparently these are pretty good heard allot of good things even CustomPC gave them both good reviews.

Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366 RT

Just not sure want to over clock to atleast 4GHz.

my i7 920......
    the best only 3.9GHZ in 1.32V
    with ULTRA 120EX

hey

thats cool 3.9/4... is good thats what i'm aiming for which ram are you using?
    do you mind sharing all your voltage/oc settings?

cheers

Depending on your motherboard and CPU itself, both coolers will make it possible to reach mentioned frequencies, but I don't think you want to run Core i7 @ 4GHz with air cooling for anything other than testing. For 24/7, I'd advise going for 3.6GHz.

Regarding of cooling performance, Thermalright's solution will give you better results (few degrees), but Noctua ships its cooler with great, noiseless fan, so it's up to you

Thanks for the info appreciated..

Why do you say not a good idea to run 4ghz 24/7 on air cooling? Full load temps on these coolers should be around 50c? (around that - thats ok isn't it? I'm running a q6600 @ around that temp for a year now chip is fine still).

Yeah Thermalright's seems to be only better from what i have read with the push/pull mod but then again I dont feel like i would bother with all that & it seems that the cooler is huge might not have enough clearence/space in my case (I have Silverstone Fortress its a midi tower but bigger)...

I guess i'm going for Noctua

this my CPU-Z picture
    http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/hongc...98215817375042
    but i'm using SANYO DENKI
    the temp is god damn hot when running Sp2004