Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zotac, EVGA to Launch Water-Cooled GTX 295

Xtreme Mentor

Zotac, EVGA to Launch Water-Cooled GTX 295

According to details in the industry, EVGA and Zotac, two of NVIDIA's largest board partners, are expected to release water-cooled versions of NVIDIA's highest-performance graphics card to date, the dual-GPU GeForce GTX 295. Using such a cooling solution, these cards will likely be pushed to their limits, offering a factory-overclocked core speed and consequently a considerable boost in performance.
    This should come as great news to technology enthusiasts who are trying to break some of those 3DMark top scores..........
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Zotac...5-103151.shtml

Xtreme Cruncher
    pics or it didnt happen
    for the glory of bardob!

Xtreme Mentor
    BFG announces water-cooled GeForce GTX 295 H2O

Considering that you could probably count the number of people in the market for a £400+ graphics card on one hand, the market for a water-cooled edition is going to be somewhat small.

With that in mind, it makes good sense that various partners are doing their utmost to nip ahead of the competition by ensuring their water-cooled GeForce GTX 295 hits the market first. Today, it seems as though that honour belongs to BFG - who claims its GeForce GTX 295 H2O edition will be available in North America and Europe as of Monday February 16th................
    Source:Hexus

Xtreme Mentor
    hmm this sounds like a solution instead of buying a 295 then waterblocks...keep this thread updated

Xtreme Mentor
    Zotac plans Geforce GTX 295 with water cooling system [Update: Official pictures]
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...cial-pictures/

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    pics or it didnt happen

Not with EVGA. They *make* it happen. EVGA is on a roll. Heck, forget roll, they have launched from the line like a top fuel dragster and they're still going 320 MPH and I don't think there is a finish line!

EVGA, YOU ROCK!

Xtreme Addict
    BFG launched theirs at stock speeds? I'm not sure, but if so, lame...

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Officials pics :

This WB is a dangerden WB (DD-GTX295) : http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...ctid=387&cat=0

i'm wainting a sample for review very very very very soon

Source : Syndrome-OC Forum
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Wait if these leak do they honor warranty?
    I am Xtreme

Xtreme Addict
    I bet with EVGA they do...

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    The card would look much better with the outsides covered in an aluminum plate. I've grown rather fond of the GTX260/280 with their backplates, makes the cards look very sleek.

Xtreme Member
    Hoping to see some temp comparisons in the near future on these.

Xtreme Addict
    I would also like to see clock comparisons to the standard air cooled models as well as the factory OC'd models. That would show what effect the cooling has on Clocks.

On my EVGA GTX280SSC putting aftermarket watercooling allowed clcoks that were not possible with the factory air. We're talking shaders in the 1620's...totally impossible with air. I couldn;t even get 1566 on air.

I know that the 280's really clocked well with the lower temps. I also have a Unisink that keeps the VRM's very cool. It has a fan blowing on it and cools the memory and VRM's and MOSFET's.

I would be willing to be these new cards respond very well to water. It made a drastic change in my card.

Xtreme Mentor
    BFG First With Water-Cooled NVIDIA GTX 295 GPU

Hothardware: More info

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any chance you can gut the stock cooler and keep the plastic shell around the outside of the card like people did with the 9800GX2s?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    cool, any infos on clocks and price?
    what do you guys think is faster on water, tri sli 285 or quadsli 295?
    quad right?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Me wants wc 285
    Q9650 @ 4Ghz - 1.216v
    E8600 @ 4500Ghz - 1.34v - Q822A435
    Q6600 @ 4014Ghz & E2160 @ 3.6Ghz
    Silverstone Zeus 850w, Maximum formula,
    Custom Water Cooling, 4GB OCZ 9200 Flex II,
    Xfire 4850's 800/1150, 3D Mark 06 , Vantage,
    Frontlineforce

Xtreme Mentor
    BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2O: chillin' with the champ
    Not a moment after announcing its wallet-busting GeForce GTX 295 H2O, BFG's super-extreme graphics card landed in our labs and is currently crunching numbers in anticipation of the full review to follow.

Meanwhile, our snap-happy camera crew has provided a slew of imagery, so let's take a look at a graphics card that many would covet, but few could afford...........................
    Source: Hexus

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    cool, any infos on clocks and price?
    what do you guys think is faster on water, tri sli 285 or quadsli 295?
    quad right?
    They are at stock frequencies

Xtreme Mentor

BFG GTX295 H20 Review

Every now and then we go a little crazy here in the Guru3D trenches. Sometimes a product arrives that shines and makes your face smile. Even before you try the product, the unboxing itself is an experience of it's own. See, we here at Guru3D serve a rather unique crowd, the men and women that crave the need for the best hardware. We love to play games, we love to pimp our PCs, and we adore high-end hardware. If you recognize some of that, you are a guru ...

So every now and then, within that baseline of enthusiast hardware and gaming, we see a product that is just cool. And often, such products make no sense when we talk about the matter of money... no Sir. It's the dark side of the hardware industry, the extravagant... the excessive gear.

And as such we today land at the offices of BFG, Built For Gamers... a year or two maybe three ago they signed an exclusive deal with Danger Den, the guys who make some awesome water-cooling blocks for CPUs and GPUs.

Combine a GPU liquid water-cooling block... and two GPUs. What do you have? Exactly... a water-cooled GeForce GTX 295. Slap some tubing on the product, connect it to a liquid cooling setup (reservoir, radiator and pump) and observe the coolness, literally and figuratively speaking, inside you PC .......................... Street price: US$729
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/bfg-ge...water-cooling/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You guys might not care but I recently installed a waterblock (DD-GTX295 By Danger Den) on my eVGA GTX295 and the temperature difference is huge. I should mention that the card responding very well to the watercooling in regards to core clocks, shader clocks, and memory clocks. Thankfully my card clocked fairly decently on air but after going on water its been very impressive (I'm still in the process of seeing how much eVGA Voltage Tuner program). I didn't methodically test and record temps before and after but from using my G15 LCD screen and Everest Ultimate Edition I was able to monitor temps (for GPU's, Memory, and VRM's) while using the cards.

Air-Cooled Load Temps
    GPU1: 75C-87C
    GPU2: 78C-90C (GPU2 tends to run warmer than GPU1)
    Memory: 74C-78C
    VRM1: 65C-72C
    VRM2:66C-74C

Watercooled Load Temps
    GPU1: 34C-44C
    GPU2: 36C-47C
    Memory: 27C-36C
    VRM1: 34C-42C
    VRM2: 34C-47C

Asus Maximus III Formula (2001)
    Intel i7 860 (L924B516)
    Noctua D14
    Corsairs CMG4GX3M2A2000C2 (2 x 2GB) RAM
    eVGA GTX480
    DD-H20
    BIX GTX360
    MCP35X PWM
    Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-e
    LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray
    Toughpower 850w Modular
    GSkill Phoenix Pro SSD 120GB

HEAT

I wonder if someone will make a non-reference board that doesn't have the fan cutouts in the PCB. Would look much nicer IMO.

Xtreme Mentor
    BFG GeForce GTX 295 H20: get some water on the world's fastest graphics card
    Mirror, mirror on the wall, which is the fastest PC graphics card of them all?

You don't need a mirror to tell you that, right now, it's the twin-GPU GeForce GTX 295 1,792MB monster that was launched at the start of this year.

Fast and furious, default-clocked cards currently etail for around £400, yet very few partners have released pre-overclocked models, even though our own overclocking tests showed the '295 to run way past the basic frequencies.

Like everyone else, BFG Tech currently retails a basic air-cooled version, differentiated on bundle and warranty, but, now, becomes the first company to sell a watercooled model by teaming up with experts Danger Den.

A completely custom design that will be taken up by others in due course, let's take a formal look at the BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2O 1,792MB - a snip at £599..........
    http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=17305

Xtreme Mentor
    BFG Tech BFGEGTX2951792H2OWE GTX295 is available @$750
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143176

Xtreme Mentor
    EVGA's water-cooled GTX295 ships at 720MHz
    EVGA is always pushing for more, but this time we were surprised that they managed to push the dual-chip GTX 295 all the way to 720MHz.

The samples should be out this week and the card has a Bios that lets it works at 720MHz core, 1548 MHz shaders and 2.16GHz memory. The reference card works at 576 MHz core, 1.99GHz memory and 1242MHz for the shaders.

The card should be available shortly and the only thing that might upset you is the suggested etail price of €750, but this is actually not as tragic as it sounds, as the water cooler is very expensive. This will most likely be the fastest Nvidia card to date.
    Source: Fudzilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast