Thread: XS OC Party - Thanks!

Thumbs up XS OC Party - Thanks!

Thanks Gigabyte making it possible to put everything together, behind the scenes you were critical to everything coming together smoothly. Boards for both AMD and Intel to overclock with and give away. Thanks for dropping by and hopefully everything was to your expectations.

Thanks for the support Intel, having the big guns Francois, Keith, and Rahul for taking the time out of your schedule and sharing some big chips to play with. Many people came to meet Francois.

Thanks AMD for also delivering on the first ever helium event, the setup was creative. Sponsoring the location and dinner selection was much appreciated, Im sure the prizes the guys took home were unexpected as well. I was glad to see that Cooler Master was able to fill in with product when you had an unexpected failure.

Macci, Sampsa, SF3D, Thanks for making the trip and putting on a great show that everyone enjoyed. Succeeding on liquid helium live is definitely a huge milestone and glad you pulled it off at this event.

Cooler Master came through with some killer custom painted cases and high end power supplies for give aways, Thanks Lulu for sponsoring the Karaoke winners and dropping by.

Commodore donated a custom case and was in attendance, thanks Eyal and Taco, yes Taco for dropping by.

Koolance donated two blocks, Francois needed the upgrade from his dd and I nabbed the other. killer products, I am like a dog with a bone on this one.

EK donated a water block won by Movieman in the raffle

Thermaltake donated a few cases given away in raffle tickets.

Thanks Corsair for providing DDR3 kits for the Intel overclocking rigs.

Thanks Tony for dropping by, my apologies for the misunderstandings and glad we can work differences out like gentlemen. Im glad OCZRyder made an appearance too.

OPPainter finally made an appearance and closed the party.

Movieman, it was a honor to meet you and it is a shame we have to wait till next meeting for a formal dinner. Im glad you made it and enjoyed.

IFMU, SGT.Viper, BigE, and Infected thanks for the help at the event, each taking a small part to make the event complete.

Thanks Jake from EVGA for driving my rig for the event. Im glad you had a chance to play up over 5Ghz wish you had the right combo for a 6Ghz roll. I should have provided more input as I was always close by.

Huge thanks to Nvidia for coming through on a GTX 295 that was used on Jakes rig for the event.

Simon, looking forward to future events

Jasmine, you are a natural for being the first event and looking forward to more. You looked gorgeous and everyone enjoyed the time socializing with you.

Some links I dug up and if you have more post them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GIGABYTE...remesystemOrg#

http://plaza.fi/muropaketti/artikkel...la-269-astetta

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ces...now-how-party/

http://blog.thinkcomputers.org/index...locking-party/

http://www.matbe.com/actualites/5738...arty-ces-2009/
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 01-26-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme n00berclocker
    I liked the video on muropaketti. Was an awesome even Fugger
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Tyler Durden
    That video is sick! I wish I could have been there. Nice job Charles and AMD.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Updated.

Thanks Jake, glad you made the date and worked with Francois.

Alex, missed out big time.

I had hoped to see Denny and S7, Steve was in Vegas and claimed to be too tired... I dropped by his place in San Jose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s7.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	93514  
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Administrator
    Such a long list of who's who that showed up for this event, I was very happy to be able to attend this and actually meet people that I have PM's and chatted with on the XS forums and others !

As I am rather new to the Xtreme scene, many I did not know much about until I came back and did some research.

Even tho I was there something like 14 hours, time really went by fast watching this ground breaking bench session taking it to the most extreme level ever tried !

Of course meeting Dave/Movieman was a real plus and a honor to be able to chat and hang out with all day ! I think I owe him a dinner also... shhh don't remind him

Macci, Sampsa, SF3D Great Job !
    Darthbeaves was great to meet you !
    OPP, OMG, OPP ! about sums it all up
    Jake and Francois working on Intel equipment. Francois was great to talk with !
    Macci, Sampsa, SF3D Great Job !
    I wish I had known OCZRyder was there, I would have liked to have meet him.

But being with like minded people from all over and having a great time was what it was all about

Thanks to Gigabyte, AMD and everyone else who made this event come off so smooth.

And last but not least, meeting Charles at his place was really great and worth the trip !

Jasmine did a great job also and was a pleasure to meet and talk with.

Thanks Everyone !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Buckeye, I am sure you will appreciate this!

it was great to meet all of you guys, we are going to have a lots of fun in 2009, i am preparing a little surprise ... (no comment yet)
    DrWho, The last of the time lords, setting up the Clock.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I'd like to add my Thanks also to all the people and companies involved.
    I found it funny that usually when you look forward to an event for months the actual event itself was a letdown.
    Not in this case.
    It was one of those days you will remember for a very long time.
    Every part of the day was perfection.
    The people were just what you'd call "good guys"
    No ego BS, just down to earth people that you were glad you met.
    The show that AMD put on in the tent was done with a professionalism that one wouldn't expect in our hobby.
    Watching Macci,Sampsa,SF3D and Pete Hardman do their thing was incredible to behold. Then getting to meet these guys that you've followed their exploits over the years was a pleasure. Again, just good people.
    Inside the building one got to watch Francois,Jake,Mikeguava and boblemagnifique do their thing with the Intel cpu's.
    Again, just good people and a pleasure to meet them all.

To the companies involved:
    Gigabyte,CoolerMaster,Commodore,Koolance,Corsair,E K,Thermaltake,AMD and Intel, you folks put the frosting on the cake that day with your generousity.
    My Thanks to you and if I missed anyone please forgive me.

To Jasmine:
    In my almost 57 years I've met quite a few women but never one such as yourself.
    In addition to your beauty there is inside a very special lady.
    I saw a person full of warmth and joy just trying to make sure that others had a good time that day.
    Beauty fades over time but what you have inside never will.
    It was my pleasure to meet you.

Last to Charles:
    Where to start. I saw the stress and exhaustion in your face the night before the party and was waiting to see you keel over but you hung in there.
    You brought together all these people and companies into one event that people will be talking about for a very long time and did it to perfection.
    My Thanks to you for having me there. Something I will never forget.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwho? View Post
    Buckeye, I am sure you will appreciate this!

Ha ! that is very sweet, Intel SSD's if I am not mistaken ?
    My old MTRON's are getting left in the dirt it seems, still good tho
    I have mine connected with 9x MTRONs now and getting it and the 965 running smooth, it's very fast

It looks like you are about capping that ARC-1231ML with that setup, same thing I am trying to do.

Even though I was just a guest I'd also like to thank all those involved in making this event possible.

Jasmine was the hostess with the mostess. Ditto to everything Movieman had to say.

Charles, you pulled together a great party that I can honestly say was the highlight to CES. I hope you can do it again next year.

I also want to thank Simon for the motherboard. I finally got it up and running this weekend. Haven't done any overclocking with it yet but that will come.

Thanks exeryone.

Xtreme Recruit
    OMG...
    thank you all so much :-)
    your supports and encouragements are the greatest motivation for me ..
    It's 5 am here in Taiwan, I am back for New Year.
    However, I miss a lot what we shared together at the party,
    Hojo, Buckeye.. it's my pleasure to know you guys!

I am Xtreme
    The party was amazing! So glad I got to meet the people I did and congratulations to Charles and Jasmine for making the whole thing happen! Cooler Master was awesome to us as usual and AMD and INTEL put on a damn good show. I will not forget that party for a long long time! Thanks for the great experience and to everyone that welcomed Clan Team Xtreme there. We definitely felt like part of the community and very welcomed. Thanks again all!
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx]biglipzit View Post
    The party was amazing! So glad I got to meet the people I did and congratulations to Charles and Jasmine for making the whole thing happen! Cooler Master was awesome to us as usual and AMD and INTEL put on a damn good show. I will not forget that party for a long long time! Thanks for the great experience and to everyone that welcomed Clan Team Xtreme there. We definitely felt like part of the community and very welcomed. Thanks again all!

Dan! you were marvellous at the party... thanks for giving me support from the very beginning instead of critics :-)

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    I still cant get the thoughts out of my mind on the party, nor do I want to! That was probably the most fun I've had, meeting all of the nice people there! There's just too many to list! I cannot wait to come back next year. Thanks alot Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Koolance, Commodore, EK Waterblocks, CSX, AMD, Intel, Gigabyte, and all the famous overclockers and computer enthusiasts for putting on a show for us! It only got better as the night progressed! Charles did a great job with the party, and I dont think anybody can disagree to that, and Jasmine was a great hostess. Thanks again, you made a little kid feel old. hehehehehe
    I am Xtreme

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    'Perfect event!' sums it up pretty well. Nice people, good food, perfect organisation. I was happy to be present. Looking forward to the next XS event =D

Thank you Jasime and Charles!

Here are some links with info I posted:
    English article:
    http://extreme.pcgameshardware.com/a...liquid_helium/

German articles:
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,67...z_uebertaktet/
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,67..._PCGH_vor_Ort/

Pictures:
    http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/be...las-vegas.html
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    a big thanks to Fugger and Jasmine for hosting such a great party... and to everyone else that was there.. was great to meet you all and i cannot wait to do it again.

Xtreme Addict
    Good deal! Hopefully the Blue Force will keep it that way. I didn't think that thing would be able to pull off a WR. Thanks for straightening that out.

Banned
    Looks like a great time was had by all.....great results too.

Fantastic guys

Chasing After Diety
    RAWR next year..

I'll keep telling myself that, and maybe eventually i'll pop out.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Admin
    Let's stay on topic shall we. What's important is not who scored what but that all had a great time.

approaching aphelion
    Thanks again Charles! Thanks again Mike as well! It was just great!

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Inside the building one got to watch Francois,Jake,Mikeguava and boblemagnifique do their thing with the Intel cpu's.
    Can I stand somewhere? Just a small tiny little place, please
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Corsair Rep
    I felt bad about missing this event before I read this thread. Now I feel worse

Just kidding! Sounds like you pulled off an awesome event Charles and krystaljasmine

I'll start saving now so I can make it in 2010.
    Yes, Yellowbeard, a tall rough man with a big yellow beard

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Would have been nice to have you there

I missed you in the Corsair suite as well this time, Michel =/
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Nice Hardware!!!
    I have totally missed this thread..

Thank you Charles for the event and big thanks to AMD for taking me there.

I met a lot of good people there. Too bad, the timing was really tight, so I didn't have much time to talk.

Well.. waiting to see similar events in the future too and then we all have to go in to some nightclub. I want to see Francois dancing techno with Jasmine

Thanks again everyone
    You are as good as your samples are!

Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Cruncher
    monster necro revival
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE