Thread: I got a very weird problem of Microsoft system, do you have any idea about it?

Smile I got a very weird problem of Microsoft system, do you have any idea about it?

I have a problem each time as I wanted to go to the hard drive ( ex: C, D). The problem are : The hard drive can't open and display a message like " C:\recycled\ntldr.com is not a valid win32 application "
    I tried to format and install another version XP(SP3) but the problem is still existing. This is the first time I got it. Do you have any solution for that?

Xtreme Addict
    When do you get the message? During boot?

Xtreme Mentor
    hmm is your copy of windows legit or is it one like tiny xp with lots of stuff removed/added

also have you ever tried formatting both HD's then proceed to install xp on one of them, think i've had this problem before after going from dual boot to just one OS
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    You need to fdisk that drive and start over, formatting the drive doesn't wipe the boot sector.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you have a boot disk that has FDisk (which is getting more and more rare nowadays since it is Windows95/98 technology) an easier way to do it is to boot to that disk and run fdisk /MBR

That will format ONLY the Master Boot Record, and leave the already installed Windows intact, at which point the Windows install boots normally.

A better bet, however, would be to download Knoppix, and follow the procedure here under the section "Kill the MBR" then reinstall Windows. I will caution anyone reading this, though, that modifying your MBR most times will lead to you having to re-install windows on that drive, so only do this if you are prepared for a reinstall.