Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Auzentech Forte 7.1 thread

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    I liked the X-Fi Prelude better (than the Forte for pure Analog Output). But I've not heard the Bravura yet.
    Im yet to try the prelude dude, How is it compare to the forte, like eax effects when gaming etc?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Where can I get the Daniel K X-Fi drivers and what one should I get(if there are different ones). Also, what settings are you guys using when gaming?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Im yet to try the prelude dude, How is it compare to the forte, like eax effects when gaming etc?
    Unless they're connected to a sensitive system you can't hear that much of a difference. Better isn't always consistent either. They each have an advantage. The PCI-E isn't hogging the PCI-E lane like it does the PCI bus.

Music playback IMHO, the Prelude (modded) sounded slightly better than the Forte but I didn't have a modded Forte. Games actually sounded better on the Forte because it didn't seem to be forcing pauses or stressing the PCI Bus.

I'd not dump a Prelude for a Forte but if given a choice to buy either, I'd get the Forte.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 07-21-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalamay View Post
    Where can I get the Daniel K X-Fi drivers and what one should I get(if there are different ones). Also, what settings are you guys using when gaming?
    http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/x-fi-drivers/

They have info on the best for whatever you're using.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Thank you, I have a Forte and I have the drives from the CD installed. Any recommendations on what driver set I should install? I mainly game and that is it. I have Ultrasone HFI-780 headphones plugged into the headphone amp on the card. Thanks.

http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/x-fi-drivers/

They have info on the best for whatever you're using.

Xtreme Addict
    I just went from a Prelude to a Forte.

Out of the box the prelude works better. The Fortes back panel isn't grounded so I had to tape it and use paper washer to rid the card of some EMI noise during gpu loading. Also the current DDL / DTS Connect driver is bugged and causes the system to hang indefineatly when used. The only solution for now is to not use it or manually disabled DDL / DTS Connect on every shutdown / restart. So far the cards been a pain in my butt but now that I have it working and am using it for headphones only, I'm liking it.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Guru
    Unless they're connected to a sensitive system you can't tell the much difference much. Better isn't always consistent either. They each have an advantage. The PCI-E isn't hogging the PCI-E lane like it does the PCI bus.

Music playback IMHO, the Prelude (modded) sounded slightly better than the Forte but I didn't have a modded Forte. Games actually sounded better on the Forte because it didn't seem to be forcing pauses or stressing the PCI Bus.

I'd not dump a Prelude for a Forte but if given a choice to buy either, I'd get the Forte.
    Kinda figures that the prelude would be more suitable for music/entertainment use whilst the forte is better for gaming..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    So, can someone link me to some drivers that would work for me? I only have the ones on the install CD. I did download the drives on Auzentechs site, but if there is something better I'd rather just install once.

So, can someone link me to some drivers that would work for me? I only have the ones on the install CD. I did download the drives on Auzentechs site, but if there is something better I'd rather just install once.
    Download link in first post.
    http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...-0/td-p/557866
    Phenom II 955 @ 3.75ghz / NB @ 2.7ghz || 4GB DDR3-1392 6-6-5-16 || Geforce 8800GT [badly damaged by over-volting experiments ] || Auzen X-fi Forte

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Kinda figures that the prelude would be more suitable for music/entertainment use whilst the forte is better for gaming..
    IMHO, it is just a matter of the PCI-E BUS being better than the PCI BUS. The Prelude has slightly better Sound Hardware. Compare all of the DAC's and etc.....

Yes, I've tried the official and Daniel-K drivers, didn't matter much with either IMHO! But I wasn't having any kinds of problems. I did clean up and fix someone else systems so I know some of the problems/complaints are legit.

Guys, run your cleaning apps in Safe Mode. It will not leave any active drivers while the sound is disabled.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Quote Originally Posted by jamz1155 View Post
    Don't mean to spam, but Auzentech just (July 3) released a new updated driver pack (finally) that works great!

http://www.auzensupport.com/data/20K...tech_Forte.zip
    Phenom II 955 @ 3.75ghz / NB @ 2.7ghz || 4GB DDR3-1392 6-6-5-16 || Geforce 8800GT [badly damaged by over-volting experiments ] || Auzen X-fi Forte

Xtreme Addict
    thx, maybe this will help my mic problems

Xtreme Member
    I have the "20K2_Auzentech_Forte_RefCD2_RC1" from a link out of this thread. Are these the same new drivers? The "20K2_Auzentech_Forte.rar" from the official site has 207.554KB (the link two posts above), the "20K2_Auzentech_Forte_RefCD2_RC1.rar" out of a link a few sites of this topic before has 207.765KB.

Quote Originally Posted by eSp!s0 View Post
    I have the "20K2_Auzentech_Forte_RefCD2_RC1" from a link out of this thread. Are these the same new drivers? The "20K2_Auzentech_Forte.rar" from the official site has 207.554KB (the link two posts above), the "20K2_Auzentech_Forte_RefCD2_RC1.rar" out of a link a few sites of this topic before has 207.765KB.
    No, the package from Auzentech (the most recent link I posted) has a newer driver version than the "RC1" beta release.

Xtreme Addict
    Okay,Console is much faster and highs are slightly clearer and bass is slightly softer,but much cleaner.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 07-08-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't suppose anyone has this card paired w/ that cheap Zalman mic? I sound ok in L4D, but there's a constant vibrator/buzzing in L4D2. And BC2 is worst of all w/ tons of static. I'm just wondering if it's the mic, the game, or the card. FWIW, I sound fine in Vent and Voicechatter.

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Thank you!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I also own Prelude and Forte and I think the Prelude sounds way better on music, movies, and specially gaming to me. But not by much both cards sound way way better then any SB card ever used. A+ for Prelude A for Forte..
    Last edited by Lu(ky; 07-09-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4.8GHz
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 MATX 1150
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident X 8GB 2400MHz 9-11-11-31 1T
    GPU: 2 x eVGA GTX 780 SC
    SOUND KRK Rokit 5 Limited Edition White Studio Monitors
    SSD: 4 x Samsung 128GB Pro's Raid 0
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W
    COOLING: 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm 6 x Swiftech Helix 140mm Fans
    CASE: Lian Li PC-C32B TECH STATION MOD build log coming soon
    MONITOR: ASUS VG278HE Black 27" 149Hz
    O.S: Windows 7 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    I don't suppose anyone has this card paired w/ that cheap Zalman mic? I sound ok in L4D, but there's a constant vibrator/buzzing in L4D2. And BC2 is worst of all w/ tons of static. I'm just wondering if it's the mic, the game, or the card. FWIW, I sound fine in Vent and Voicechatter.

Thanks!
    I use that mic, l4d is fine, l4d2 is fine (but the game sucks ass)

BC2 the ingame mic is HORRIBLE FOR MOST PEOPLE, good game (garbage as far as voice chat is conerned)
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Xtreme Addict
    Maybe that's why there's absolutely NO communication in that game. No one talks, it's annoying as hell. When I play w/ my LAN group we use Voicechatter and the game takes on a whole new level of awesomeness. But when I'm pubbin', it's just...suck. I'm just really, really surprised that one of the best sound engines in gaming today gets the mic shaft.

I wouldn't be concerned about it, but I have a friend that uses his macbook, an external X-Fi, and some pos headset mic and he sounds crystal clear in BC2.

Xtreme Member
    I'm using an HDMI output to a TV, so I haven't been using my forte, but is there anyway to make it work with SPDIF and hdmi?
    Cosmos S
    Core i7 920 3.9GHz
    6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    EVGA GTX 285
    X-fi Forte
    WD VR 300GB
    EVGA x58 MB

LC Loop
    Swiftech GTZ
    Swiftech MCR-320 Radiator
    Swiftech MCP655
    EK Multi option reservoir
    Feser 1/2" ID tubing (AWESOME)

Xtreme Member
    No, the package from Auzentech (the most recent link I posted) has a newer driver version than the "RC1" beta release.
    Ok, thank you!

Thank you!
    Careful, that link you quoted from me is no longer the latest driver version. I suggest you try the July 3rd Auzentech release instead, the driver is rather newer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound
    Okay,Console is much faster and highs are slightly clearer and bass is slightly softer,but much cleaner.
    Nothing in driver releases should affect sound quality, unless it was a problem with application compatibility. Check EQ and Crystallizer settings, which may have been reset to defaults when installing the new driver. But hey -- if it sounds better, that's good right?

Xtreme Addict
    My xtreme music sound improved with driver updates as well.All electrical equipment has a firmware/driver that controls what the hardware does and that can affect the output.

Example you have a software EQ,and if that wasn't there you would not be able to manually adjust sound yourself you would have to do in the driver or another hardware based solution.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 07-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Ok, I got the drivers from Auzentech's website and downloaded them. When I try to intall, it wants a CD? Do I need the CD to install or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way around it if so?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast