Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Evga Voltage Tuner

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EL RICHARDO View Post
    It seems that it doesn't work with Vista 64...
    Same here i get same error msg

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by EL RICHARDO View Post
    It seems that it doesn't work with Vista 64...
    change the path where rivatuner is tooooooo

programfiles/rivatuner2.22 etc (whatever it is)

so thats it NOT in programfile (x86)/riva........ etc....

might work =]
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    arrrgghh.. i wish you rivatuner users would get a thread.. i keep thinking they released the beta or something for the evga voltage tool everytime i see this thread bumped
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Xtreme Member
    It would be nice, and easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
    arrrgghh.. i wish you rivatuner users would get a thread.. i keep thinking they released the beta or something for the evga voltage tool everytime i see this thread bumped
    i7 920 @ 4.0GHz
    Scythe MUGEN-2 with Push/Pull
    Gigabyte EX58 UD5
    3X2GB G-Skill DDR3
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    OCZ Agility 120GB
    24" Acer HDMI LCD
    Corsair TX850
    Lian-Li PC-V1000

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    It should work on vista 64. I did my testing on windows server 2008 64bit, pretty much same thing.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    It should work on vista 64. I did my testing on windows server 2008 64bit, pretty much same thing.
    I've reinstalled Rivatuner and i have the same error message... Well, i put the voltage manually in a Rivatuner Task Schedular and is working great...

_
    Does Diverge's voltage tuner work with all video cards? (i have a 9600gt would it work with that?)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwaxisbad View Post
    Does Diverge's voltage tuner work with all video cards? (i have a 9600gt would it work with that?)
    It's nothing but a GUI. So if you could control voltage with rivatuner via the VT1103 plugin, then it might work for you.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

_
    Thanks, this program should be awesome!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    here's a new version of the GUI. it lets you select /sd0,1,2,3 and i2c bus 0,1,2,3 so it can be used on different cards, and setups with multi-gpus.

By default, its setup for 280gtx.

You can even use rivatuners launcher function, and assign it a hot key.. if you want

btw, sorry for all the off topic post... since this is supposed to be evga voltage control thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_V_Ctrl.png 
Views:	41951 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	94040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Launcher.png 
Views:	2757 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	94041  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Diverge; 02-02-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Desktop
    HTPC

Xtreme Member
    Cheers dude!
    i7 4770K (EK-HF)
    ASRock Z87 Professional Fatal1ty (BIOS L1.42)
    Trident X F3-2400C10D-8GTX
    GTX 480 SLI (Koolance NX-480) / E-MU 1212M / Antec Quattro 1.2kW / HP ZR30w / Lian Li 1010B
    Cooling; TFC Xchanger 240 & RX360 / 655 w/EK-Top V2 / Tygon / BP Compressions

You should make it read valves for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I get that error too.
    Last edited by Warboy; 02-03-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Member
    you sure you guys are putting it in the rivatuner directory? I only received that error when trying to start it from my desktop before realizing this.

Just checking is all.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    You should make it read valves for it too.

I get that error too.
    I would have already if I knew how to get the values from rivatuner. As far as I know it only passes them into that window that pops up. Which I have no clue on how to grab the values from. If it passed them to the dos window it would be easy for me to get them... I even tried passing them to a text file at the dos window using "rivatuner /ri3,70,reg_address >text_file.txt".. no luck.

also, that error you guys are getting is cause it can't find rivatuner.exe. It only looks in the directory the GUI.exe is, so it needs to be in the same directory as rivatuner.exe as Rinaun said above - as was noted in the first post I made about the GUI.
    Last edited by Diverge; 02-03-2009 at 06:51 AM.
    Desktop
    HTPC

Xtreme Member
    how about an "apply at startup" option

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
    how about an "apply at startup" option
    Why do that if RT has a perfectly working scheduler for that purpose?
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As opposed to almost everyone in here (), i was fiddling with RivaTuner trying to lower my idle VGPU so it would use less power while in Windows, but i didn't manage to reduce anything at all. I dropped the voltage to as low as 0.9 volts but the indicated current consumption is the same throughout the test, always at 2.42 amps. Oh well.
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

here's a new version of the GUI. it lets you select /sd0,1,2,3 and i2c bus 0,1,2,3 so it can be used on different cards, and setups with multi-gpus.

You can even use rivatuners launcher function, and assign it a hot key.. if you want

btw, sorry for all the off topic post... since this is supposed to be evga voltage control thread.
    Great Work!!! And yes the utility needs to be in the Rivatuner's folder...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Why do that if RT has a perfectly working scheduler for that purpose?
    To give the full control of this from one window without having to fiddle with the scheduler. Also because I am lazy.

Hey Diverge, any possibility to implement Voltage Register choosing? Because my friend's GTX 260 uses 17 instead of 15 so it doesn't work... Thank's...

Xtreme Addict
    Diverge,

Use return values from Rivatuner. It should give them. I take it you are calling it with something like. In C I would do something like:

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    int rt_ret = 0;
    sprintf(buf, "rivatuner.exe /ri%d,%s,%s\n", BUS_NUM, BUS_ADDR, REG_OFFSET");
    rt_ret = system("buf");
    switch(rt_ret) {
    case 0: printf("Volterra VR detected\n");
    goto next;
    case 1: printf("Volterra VR not detected\n");
    goto exit_fail;
    }

next:
    read_i2c_vr_reg(argv[0]);

exit_fail:
    printf("You are unable to use this application because your hardware isn't supported\n");
    return 1;
    }

I just woke up so I'm still half asleep but something like that should work in theory. Unwinder would no doubt have return values
    Last edited by mikeyakame; 02-03-2009 at 05:19 PM.

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
    Diverge,

Use return values from Rivatuner. It should give them. I take it you are calling it with something like. In C I would do something like:

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    int rt_ret = 0;
    sprintf(buf, "rivatuner.exe /ri%d,%s,%s\n", BUS_NUM, BUS_ADDR, REG_OFFSET");
    rt_ret = system("buf");
    switch(rt_ret) {
    case 0: printf("Volterra VR detected\n");
    goto next;
    case 1: printf("Volterra VR not detected\n");
    goto exit_fail;
    }

next:
    read_i2c_vr_reg(argv[0]);

exit_fail:
    printf("You are unable to use this application because your hardware isn't supported\n");
    return 1;
    }

I just woke up so I'm still half asleep but something like that should work in theory. Unwinder would no doubt have return values
    It's possible RT returns values, but it doesn't return them to the command line. If it did, i'd be able to get them using the following:

Code:
                System.Diagnostics.Process proc = new System.Diagnostics.Process(); //create my process
                proc.EnableRaisingEvents = false;
                //String sMyPath = Environment.CurrentDirectory;
                proc.StartInfo.FileName = "devcon.exe";                                //name of file to run
                proc.StartInfo.Arguments = " ";
                proc.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;                       //setup redirection
                proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;                             //redirect from shell to
                proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;                               //hide shell
                proc.Start();
                String cmd_out = proc.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();
                MessageBox.Show(cmd_out);
    Problem is I'm not an experienced programmer, so I have no clue how to do this with applications that don't display values on the command line.

The above example is a piece of code I used to make a GUI for devcon, which is a microsoft command line utility that lets you manipulate devices in your computer - basically device manager, but via command line. Instead of displaying the info at the command line prompt, the code redirects it into a string, and then I can parse it, to read status, find device id's ect. In the above example it just displays it in a messagebox. (i made the GUI to turn off devices in my laptop to extend battery live... it's a lot easier then going to device manager to disable them).

Unfortunately this is the way I have the GUI run rivatuner to set the voltage control registers, and it doesn't redirect anything for me to parse, cause it doesn't display the info in the dos box (command line). it displays it in it's own GUI (rivatuner).

Like I said, I'm n00b at programming. So if you have any visual C# examples that work to return RT value, i'll be glad to try to make it work.
    Desktop
    HTPC

Xtreme Addict
    It's possible RT returns values, but it doesn't return them to the command line. If it did, i'd be able to get them using the following:

Code:
                System.Diagnostics.Process proc = new System.Diagnostics.Process(); //create my process
                proc.EnableRaisingEvents = false;
                //String sMyPath = Environment.CurrentDirectory;
                proc.StartInfo.FileName = "devcon.exe";                                //name of file to run
                proc.StartInfo.Arguments = " ";
                proc.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;                       //setup redirection
                proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;                             //redirect from shell to
                proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;                               //hide shell
                proc.Start();
                String cmd_out = proc.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();
                MessageBox.Show(cmd_out);
    Problem is I'm not an experienced programmer, so I have no clue how to do this with applications that don't display values on the command line.

The above example is a piece of code I used to make a GUI for devcon, which is a microsoft command line utility that lets you manipulate devices in your computer - basically device manager, but via command line. Instead of displaying the info at the command line prompt, the code redirects it into a string, and then I can parse it, to read status, find device id's ect. In the above example it just displays it in a messagebox. (i made the GUI to turn off devices in my laptop to extend battery live... it's a lot easier then going to device manager to disable them).

Unfortunately this is the way I have the GUI run rivatuner to set the voltage control registers, and it doesn't redirect anything for me to parse, cause it doesn't display the info in the dos box (command line). it displays it in it's own GUI (rivatuner).

Like I said, I'm n00b at programming. So if you have any visual C# examples that work to return RT value, i'll be glad to try to make it work.
    Heh we all gotta learn from somewhere right. For Visual C# examples have you checked Windows Platform SDK? and MSDN Library that comes with Visual Studio 2008 (if using that)?

I'll install Intel CPP Compiler on my Windows 7 and make up a small C app to see what Rivatuner returns and get back to you. I really should read SDK docs but don't have much time at the moment.

Personally I've never written anything in C#, even my C++ GUI abilities are poor, but I can write in C++ so so. Mostly I can write in C since it is more where I have spent my time learning.
    Last edited by mikeyakame; 02-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.

DFI LT-X48-T2R UT CDC24 Bios | Q9550 E0 | G.Skill DDR2-1066 PK 2x2GB |
    Geforce GTX 280 729/1566/2698 | Corsair HX1000 | Stacker 832 | Dell 3008WFP

Xtreme Member
    Something weird is happening to me when I overclock and stability test after voltage adjustment. I have a XFX GTX280 XXX water cooled by my Coolit Boreas. I also have an awesome power supply, the Antec Signature 850. All temps are cool (water cooling). Power supply rails look good and don't really budge (even when stability testing).

I am using Furmark as suggested to test the voltage. After increasing the voltage to 1.30 and then running the Furmark stability test my computer shuts off. It doesn't even visually start the test yet and my computer powers down. It does not do this unless I increase the voltage. I noticed that the voltage regulator jumps to 92amps when starting the test. Is this normal for it to jump to such high amps? I played Crysis just to compare and it jumps to about 50 or 60 tops.

After I reduced the voltage to 1.25, the system doesn't shut off anymore... What do you guys think? Power Supply? Somekind of Voltage protection?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey, guys it's a chance for me tu use this voltage control from Rivatuner on a Palit 9600GSO 768MB, or it just for GTX series?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast