Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Evga Voltage Tuner

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmehard View Post
    this is my "new volt tool" in action
    its 100 u.s.d to download (only note pad riva is free)
    here at work...i'm still working on the sliders part but it copies and pastes well
    ROFL!!! What's your paypal address for me to send you $100, once you're finished with making a nice sliders GUI? I'll send you $100 monopoly bucks!!!

--two awesome rigs, wildly customized with
    5.1 Sony speakers, Stereo 3D, UV Tourmaline Confexia, Flame Bl00dr4g3 Fatal1ty
    --SONY GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, overclocked to:
    2560x1600 resolution at 68Hz!(from 2304x1440@80Hz)

Updated List of Video Card GPU Voodoopower Ratings!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Here ya's go, a GUI for ya's..with sliders for the folks that were obsessed with them

It's pretty simple, it doesn't read anything in realtime. It's not too useful, only eases finding the voltages you want @ your stable clocks. After that, it's alot easier to use rivatuners scheduler to apply settings at windows startup.

The GUI just increments the VID values via the slider, and shows the appropriate conversion in volts. Adjust the slider, and hit the Set Voltage button, and both 2D and 3D voltages are set. Nothing is applied until you hit the Set Voltage button.

And easy check to see if all is working good it to open furmark (no need to start it), check 3D voltage. close all 3d apps, check idle voltage

It works for 280gtx for IC2 Bus value of 3, and uses the following default registers:

Register 15 - 3B = 59 = 1.1875v <---3D voltage
    Register 18 - 35 = 53 = 1.1125v <---2D voltage

Drop it in your rivatuner directory and run it.

Here's what it looks like:

I might play around with the code some more, and add some stuff.. But don't expect too much. I usually get bored and never go back to things lol It's more fun for me trying to get the program to do what I want, rather then using it. I teach myself C# as I figure out stuff.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

Edit: attachment removed, use one below.
    Last edited by Diverge; 02-01-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Member
    Nice work and thankyou for sharing !
    i7 4770K (EK-HF)
    ASRock Z87 Professional Fatal1ty (BIOS L1.42)
    Trident X F3-2400C10D-8GTX
    GTX 480 SLI (Koolance NX-480) / E-MU 1212M / Antec Quattro 1.2kW / HP ZR30w / Lian Li 1010B
    Cooling; TFC Xchanger 240 & RX360 / 655 w/EK-Top V2 / Tygon / BP Compressions

Sweaaats it sliderzz has themmmmm
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    Here ya's go, a GUI for ya's..with sliders for the folks that were obsessed with them

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

Wow, very quick indeed

Although, I don't even use it myself I'll say a big thankyou on behalf of everyone who find this add-on useful.

Thankyou for taking the time to create this and share it with the forum

Since it was me who was "OBSESSED" with the slider idea though, I'll take credit for "HOUNDING" this into creation

Thanks again for your efforts mate, I'm sure a lot of users find it very handy.
    Last edited by KELL5; 02-01-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Xtreme Member
    On my GTX280 Tri-SLI under 16`c chilled water with D-tek unisinks
    Upped my voltage from 1.19 to 1.35v result : from 774/1593/1296 to 810/1647/1296 rock stable no artifacts.
    Highest i could get was 820/1701/1296 @ 1.46v but after 10 mins the heat gave shader artifacts.
    None the less I'm happy with the extra mhz thanks to this simple mod
    QX9650 @ 4450 mhz
    Asus Striker II Extreme 790i
    4 GB Corsair Dominator 1800 @ 1870 8-8-8-20 1T 1.8v
    3 x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI 810/1647/1296
    Asus Xonar DX
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1500 W
    Dell 30" 3007WFP
    Logitech G7, G15, G25
    Watercooling Hailea 1500 chiller, EK, Swiftech, D-Tek
    Dual Prometeia site

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    ROFL!!! What's your paypal address for me to send you $100, once you're finished with making a nice sliders GUI? I'll send you $100 monopoly bucks!!!
    oh no worries its free for you lol

all kidding aside great job by
    Diverge and fgw for there real gui

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Doesn't work on the GTX260
    Proud owner of an iPhone3G 16G White

SpiTweaker by Monteboy,try it

Xtreme Mentor
    It's detecting wrong values for stock 2D and 3D voltages with a 4870.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it dont work for me either the fact im doing it wrong or watever with my gtx260-216 will wait... for proper program come out.

I am Xtreme
    GTX 260 it works I can change voltage. But in RT monitor my voltage output never changes even under load. So no way of finding load voltage??

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    it dont work for me either the fact im doing it wrong or watever with my gtx260-216 will wait... for proper program come out.
    I'm taking the easy road too. They did say soon, so it's really not that big of a deal. My 280 already does what I need it to do, but the voltage tuner will be nice to get those xtra FPS out of my flight sims. To max out FPS and especially max out the min FPS is always a good thing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry guys, it's not smart enough to figure out what card you guys have. it's only setup for 280 gtx, and the registers i noted up above. I'll try to add the ability to change the registers - but that would make it so you need to know which ones to set them to.

Or if someone wants to give me the default registers for their card, I can just make different versions. That would be a lot easier and quicker.

Would need 2D voltage register, and it's default value.
    and same for 3D.
    Last edited by Diverge; 02-01-2009 at 10:33 AM.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I made some modifications to my GUI. It now lets you input 2D VID addrees, and initial value; and the same for 3D. You change those values before moving sliders (if yours aren't same as my default ones). Once you move the sliders it doesn't read from those fields anymore, but displays the values in volts and hex.

1. change values if needed, as pointed out in top picture
    2. adjust sliders, see voltages on right side.
    3. hit press Set Voltage button. See changes in rivatuner hardware monitoring.

The background changes colors too, as you move the sliders up and down

Eventually I'll make it write your register values to a text file (ini), and then read them back next time you open the GUI - So you don't have to keep changing them everytime (if your registers aren't same as the default ones I have programmed).

Disclaimer: use at your own risk! (i'm programmng n00b lol)

Edit: I just realized that it might not still work for some of your cards. since it uses the I2C bus 3, and that's not changeable via the GUI right now. Can't do it now, gotta get ready for superbowl :p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_Voltage_Control.png 
Views:	1279 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	93935  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Diverge; 02-01-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Desktop
    HTPC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    evga powned by diverge
    The Devil's Reject

Thanks for info justageek95 as well as to Unwinder, been having fun with RT since years. Seriously sad that some guys dont know how to respect others work.
    Diverge, you rock!! Instead of constant complaining like few others, took it up as challange and now add-on which may come in handy to others.

Big Thanks to mods as well for keeping the thread moving forward.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshal View Post
    Seriously sad that some guys dont know how to respect others work.
    Diverge, you rock!! Instead of constant complaining like few others, took it up as challange and now add-on which may come in handy to others.

Big Thanks to mods as well for keeping the thread moving forward.
    Nice one mate, drag it all back up again why don't you.

Respecting peoples work has nothing to do with asking questions.....or complaining. Very little would be accomplished in this world without questions or complaints.

Besides, all this was done with days ago....why are you posting these comments...it's all been said many times before.

I've already stated mulitple times in this thread I accept UNWINDERS reasoning even though I don't agree with him. END OF. I ain't complaining anymore. I didn't slag the guy, I never called him any names...I never swore at him....I didn't shout at him...hound him with PM's etc. All I asked (on a few occasions) was why he wouldn't include this in RT. Where you guys get all this "disrespect" nonsense from is beyond me. You're all drama-queens, lol

Asif making RT gives you 100% immunity from ever being asked a question ever again. "How dare you question UNWINDER". "UNWINDER is teh LEET-ZORZ". "BAN the INQUISITOR he SUXORZ" is all you here from you lot.

Calm down.....accept reality (as in the slider apps been made, no-one is asking for it anymore) and move on. I know it's hard not to run in here and show unwinder how you love him by continually having a dig at me but really all your doing is the same thing you accuse me of.

LET IT GO

besides which, how do you know Diverge woulda made that add-on had it not been for me and my "hounding"? Maybe he got so fed up seeing me ask for it that he thought "bugger it, I'm gonna make the bloodmin' thing just to shut his cake-hole" lol

First, I was outta town... and you cant make me quit reading threads and posting.
    Second, You dont know me and this is my first post in this thread. I can surely say what I feel about the situation in a very very public way without abusing. So no need to tell me to calm down. The way you have reacted to my post clearly confirms you as what others mentioned, a whiner!
    One more thing, I dont think Diverge ever mentioned he made that add-on because of you. So untill he does that I think it is you who should stop being a drama-queen.

Most important thing of all, better start good work @ home. So I guess you should "Let it go first". But then I am sure all most everyone would expect even more lengthy reply from you.
    Signing out. Dont have time to waste

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshal View Post
    First, I was outta town... and you cant make me quit reading threads and posting.
    Who said to quite posting? Drama perhaps?

Second, You dont know me and this is my first post in this thread. I can surely say what I feel about the situation in a very very public way without abusing.
    Sure, but really there was no need. If you read the thread you read others already tell me off so what need was there for you to bring it up again? YOU wanted to bring it up again. Can you see the sense in that? Some people might call that trolling.

The way you have reacted to my post clearly confirms you as what others mentioned, a whiner!
    The way you've reacted? I merely posted a reply. Drama perhaps?

One more thing, I dont think Diverge ever mentioned he made that add-on because of you. So untill he does that I think it is you who should stop being a drama-queen.
    Can you read my last post? You see the LOL at the end yeah? What age are you? You seem very childish. It was meant in a humorous manner.

One more thing, I dont think Diverge ever mentioned he made that add-on because of you
    I mean c'mon, please....grow up. Anyone with a pulse and a braincell would know my reference was made jokingly.....you really are trying to make something out of nothing aren't you?

Most important thing of all, better start good work @ home. So I guess you should "Let it go first".
    Do you? Weird, 'cos I coulda sworn I have already. Infact I'm positive I already posted TWICE saying I've LET IT GO already. I'm sure if you scan back the posts you'll see it. Kinda mad telling me to LET IT GO when I already have huh? Infact that's exactly what our conversation is about....the fact I ALREADY LET IT GO and how you've come in draggin' it all back up again!!!

That's really great advice mate.....
    Last edited by KELL5; 02-02-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Engineering The Xtreme
    STOP with the flame fest you two (mostly KELL5) before I feed you both to the admins

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    STOP with the flame fest you two (mostly KELL5) before I feed you both to the admins
    LMFAO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Mostly me....away laddie. He started it....how can it be mostly me? Quote me flaming please?

Banned
    omg this thread is like 30% useful on topic and 70% garbage... hopefully a mod will go pick up the vacuum cleaner and tidy this thing up.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Diverge´s tool works fine

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogPO View Post
    Diverge´s tool works fine
    It seems that it doesn't work with Vista 64...

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast