Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Auzentech X-Fi Forte Available Now

Hybrid View

I am Xtreme

Auzentech X-Fi Forte Available Now

http://www.guru3d.com/news/auzentech...available-now/

click the link at the bottom for pics!

By Hilbert Hagedoorn, January 21, 2009 -

Santa Clara, CA — Auzentech, Inc., a provider of quality consumer electronics products, is pleased to announce the official release of the Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1 soundcard.

The Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1 is the first Low Profile native PCI Express® audio card that Auzentech has designed especially for gamers and audiophiles. Compared to the X-Fi™ chipset reference design, the Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1 has improved circuitry and components. The Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1 marks the first time the Creative X-Fi™ Native PCI Express chipset has been available in a low-profile board, as well as the first time it has been available in a a third-party soundcard.

* Low Profile Audio Card
    * Developed around Creative X-Fi Native PCI Express audio processor
    * Support for Dolby Digital Live for Windows XP and Vista
    * Support for DTS Neo:PC & DTS Interactive for Vista
    * Low-profile and standard-profile brackets included.

More info here.

I added my picture of the Forte vs the original creative X-fi FPS.

you guys might want to check the manual for the card take a look at page 6

HD Audio Front Panel
    Connect Intel® HD Audio compliance Front panel cable, and can use Microphone input and
    Headphone output. Can also be connected to the X-Fi I/O drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fortE71.jpg 
Views:	3159 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	93249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xs_Forte71.jpg 
Views:	2091 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	93375  
    Last edited by safan80; 01-23-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Member
    How does this compare to the ASUS Xonar Essence STX, besides price $200 vs. $150 (Forte) ?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by IcY18 View Post
    How does this compare to the ASUS Xonar Essence STX, besides price $200 vs. $150 (Forte) ?
    I've read that the Xonar has some issues in games.. the biggest thing that I don't like about the Xonar the software doesn't auto switch between the headphones and speakers... there's also a lot of complaints on Asus' forums about the Xonar cards.

check out the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD
    http://www.auzentech.com/site/produc...theater_hd.php

edit: what's with the header on the card? SLI sound cards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004_lg.jpg 
Views:	3394 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	93250  
    Last edited by safan80; 01-20-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    edit: what's with the header on the card? SLI sound cards.
    I want to know this to

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, well the Essence is a new Xonar card so i'll hold judgement.

I am Xtreme
    Hmm, well the Essence is a new Xonar card so i'll hold judgement.
    it's bound to have lag like the other Xonar cards since it's still not native pci-e. I suggest you look at the asus forums and see how their drive support is going.

Xtreme Member
    why would one buy creative ? Creative support is total sh...t on any level.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    3rd party driver support has grown since the Daniel_k incident. Daniel_K even returned and is doing driver releases again.
    Last edited by safan80; 01-20-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    3rd party driver support has grown since the Daniel_k incident. Daniel_K even returned and is doing driver releases again.
    True. I use them on w7, but i still hear pops and clicks. Moreover, in vista x64 now the secret rabbit code in foobar stopped working properly. Creative has huge issues with sample rate output.

As somebody said above, my last creative card. Auzen, maybe. Also check my thread in general hardware/sound about comparison between the forte and the Essence stx.

SB Rig:
    | CPU: 2600K (L040B313T) | Cooling: H100 with 2x AP29 | Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | Video: MSI gtx570 TF III
    | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB fw009 | HDDs: 2x GP 2TB, 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    | Audio: Cantatis Overture & Denon D7000 headphones | Case: Lian-Li T60 bench table
    | PSU: Seasonic X650 | Display: Samsung 2693HM 25,5"
    | OS: Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1

+Fanless Music Rig: | E5200 @0.9V

+General surfing PC on sale | E8400 @4Ghz

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTelstar View Post
    True. I use them on w7, but i still hear pops and clicks. Moreover, in vista x64 now the secret rabbit code in foobar stopped working properly. Creative has huge issues with sample rate output.

As somebody said above, my last creative card. Auzen, maybe. Also check my thread in general hardware/sound about comparison between the forte and the Essence stx.
    my first gen x-fi has no pops with these drivers in vista x64 or windows 7 x64.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...read.id=135215

I am Xtreme
    Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1

Pro.
    safan80 is right and YouP_Pax drivers work well as well. Asus Xonar is software based and will always cause lag or latency. See it as the CPU emulating a Sound Card LOL! Its pretty good for a HTPC sound card.

I've not needed Creative's support in a long time but when I did, I got it. I didn't get support from AMD, Intel, Asus, Gygabyte, IBM, Power Color, Seagate and a host of others. I'd not have a computer if I held screw ups or rip-offs against them all and boycotted=P.

Con
    Costs too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Asus Xonar is software based and will always cause lag or latency. See it as the CPU emulating a Sound Card LOL!
    Care to elaborate? I haven't used a discrete sound card in at least 8 years, but this makes me curious. Sounds like it's not any better than bog-standard onboard AC'97.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Member
    This review is older but it is relevant. http://techgage.com/article/asus_xon...1_sound_card/5

It shows that the Xonar will eat up about 10% of your cpu.
    Last edited by 16floz470ml; 03-14-2009 at 10:31 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Care to elaborate? I haven't used a discrete sound card in at least 8 years, but this makes me curious. Sounds like it's not any better than bog-standard onboard AC'97.
    The Zonar uses a re badged CMedia chip that's similar to the RealteK on board sound chips. These act more like a Chipset than a Processor like the one X-Fi uses. Comparing a Zonar to a X-Fi is like comparing a Realtek 10/100 NIC (software) to an Intel Pro 10/100/1000 NIC (hardware).

The Forte, just like the Prelude before it makes up for 95% of Creative's short comings. It ships with Great DACs that on board can't touch and excellent hardware as well. Caps, Gold Connectors, pretty good layout and etc.. makes it hard to beat. IMHO, it will take more than Zonar to beat it.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    The Zonar uses a re badged CMedia chip that's similar to the RealteK on board sound chips. These act more like a Chipset than a Processor like the one X-Fi uses. Comparing a Zonar to a X-Fi is like comparing a Realtek 10/100 NIC (software) to an Intel Pro 10/100/1000 NIC (hardware).
    Cheap quad cores make the difference in cpu usage between the two almost irrelevant. But what is relevant to music lovers is the quality of the sound the chip produces. In that regard the xonar matches or beats the prelude.

As for games, I just want basic effects and good positional audio. EAX is nice but I'm done supporting creative.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!

The Forte, just like the Prelude before it makes up for 95% of Creative's short comings. It ships with Great DACs that on board can't touch and excellent hardware as well. Caps, Gold Connectors, pretty good layout and etc.. makes it hard to beat. IMHO, it will take more than Zonar to beat it.
    I see. What about HT Omega Striker? And... I guess other HT|OMEGA products? What do they use?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

xtreme energy
    Show me a better solution for the price

I have no major complaints about x-fi, great gaming card

Xtreme Addict
    For headphones and 2 channel speakers, the STX is king. Nobody can match its SnR and THD quality. Not to mention, it actually includes an EMI shield so the computer electical noise doesn't mess with your sound. Its also powered by a separate molex instead of a noisy pci-e bus. Which Auzentech (claimining to be audiophile, as if) still don't include on any of their cards (emi or clean molex power)

For 5.1, this would be better though I still wouldn't use it as an 'audiophile' card due to lack of EMI shield.

However I've come from the prelude and the that is creative drivers is still prevalent and an issue. After 2 hours of playing any games, my audiodg.exe (or something like that) would be at about 900mb of usage. It took them 3 months to finally acknowledge this is an issue. Of course they can't do anything until Creative does it. Well I got sick of waiting and moved to the STX. There is no number to quantify how much happier I am with the STX then the prelude.

And it has NO issues with any games I play.
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Video: 2x Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2gb @ 6970 Switch @ 880 / 1350 | Asus VG248QE |

Audio: ODAC+O2 => JH|13 Pro | STX => ATH-AD700X / Audioengine A5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, card looks absolutely stunning! Hope it performs as it looks.
    ASUS Sabertooth P67B3· nVidia GTX580 1536MB PhysX · Intel Core i7 2600K 4.5GHz · Corsair TX850W · Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8GB GSKill Sniper PC3-16000 7-8-7 · OCZ Agility3 SSD 240GB + Intel 320 SSD 160GB + Samsung F3 2TB + WD 640AAKS 640GB · Corsair 650D · DELL U2711 27"

Xtreme Addict
    Btw, quad cores (and dual cores at 3.8ghz+) have no issues emulating EAX (not that anyone is going to care about this in 6 months) through software as they're all very under-utilized in most games.
    Last edited by Bojamijams; 01-20-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Video: 2x Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2gb @ 6970 Switch @ 880 / 1350 | Asus VG248QE |

Audio: ODAC+O2 => JH|13 Pro | STX => ATH-AD700X / Audioengine A5

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    Btw, quad cores (and dual cores at 3.8ghz+) have no issues emulating EAX (not that anyone is going to care about this in 6 months) through software as they're all very under-utilized in most games.
    It's not processor speed, it is the speed going to the processor and then back to the sound card through the PCI BUS. The PCI Bus is still lame. Then add Digital to Analog conversion. The PCI-E version adds another problem because it is not Native and has another translation step.

The real problem is Games and some say movies as well but I've not seen that first hand. I have played games with it and sorry, I'd use a Xonar for my HTPC but no ^%#$ing way in my rig where I play games.

EAX is NOT under-utilized and the CPU can't Emu anything above EAX2, no matter how many lies Asus tells. The CPU needs SOFTWARE EAX and even adds latency to OpenAL via the same problem mentioned above. The only folks who don't care are those who are oblivious to what they're missing

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    I play a number of games(Crysis,TF2,COD5, L4D) but i also have a generous library of music. I listen to music every minute I'm on the computer.
    I feel my situation is one typical of many computer enthusiasts, they enjoy both games and music, and it seems there hasn't been a soundcard, that seems like an obvious choice, that meets both these needs.
    Either Auzentech's previous audiophile cards didn't support EAX, or Creative's gaming card couldn't match the audio quality of an audiophile card.
    Besides BF2142, i'm unsure of the latest games that uses EAX, and having been using an X-Fi XtremeMusic for that last couple years i don't know what it sounds like with limited EAX support.

In the end it basically comes down to which card would serve me better, the Xonar Essence STX or this X-Fi Forte, unfortunately my budget for my build has busted its hold and a $50 difference doesn't mean much at this point.

I am Xtreme
    I play a number of games(Crysis,TF2,COD5, L4D) but i also have a generous library of music. I listen to music every minute I'm on the computer.
    I feel my situation is one typical of many computer enthusiasts, they enjoy both games and music, and it seems there hasn't been a soundcard, that seems like an obvious choice, that meets both these needs.
    Either Auzentech's previous audiophile cards didn't support EAX, or Creative's gaming card couldn't match the audio quality of an audiophile card.
    Besides BF2142, i'm unsure of the latest games that uses EAX, and having been using an X-Fi XtremeMusic for that last couple years i don't know what it sounds like with limited EAX support.

In the end it basically comes down to which card would serve me better, the Xonar Essence STX or this X-Fi Forte, unfortunately my budget for my build has busted its hold and a $50 difference doesn't mean much at this point.
    Look for a Auzentech Prelude use the Creative DSP and supports EAX 4, DDL DTS, anything meaningful and works great Since their prices are now lower it becomes an even better option. EBay might be an option as well.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Look for a Auzentech Prelude use the Creative DSP and supports EAX 4, DDL DTS, anything meaningful and works great Since their prices are now lower it becomes an even better option. EBay might be an option as well.
    This would be a better option than the Forte?

Xtreme Mentor
    Do eax even mean anything if u only use 2 channel speakers or headphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast