Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Helium benching - Las Vegas XS OC event

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveprime View Post
    http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00129/3422299.jpg

What are those things under the bench table?
    Look like just HDs in security racks.
    Heatware
    filmbot

Fiveprime, SSD drives

Thanks for the thread Petri and great photo's.

Ive been out for the past week traveling and finally back home and well rested.

Everyone (general preemptive statement) - Lets assume the processors and GPU's we all get are exceptional for our use, no need to degrade any bencher for having better access than others if they have worked hard to attain such a part, this goes for all the top guys seeded parts by their sponsors, this makes sponsors unhappy as well as casts bad light on those with such parts. I would hate to have people bag on the top guys for being supplied cherry parts.

Working on Cebit now and would love to combine forces again for another OC event in Germany.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Administrator
    http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00129/3422299.jpg

What are those things under the bench table?
    Are you talking about the 3 units there ? Those are ACARD 9010 RAM Drives if I am not mistaken. I have one here and they are very nice

I am Xtreme
    Will there be a new thread up about Cebit OC event Fugger?

I'm planning to go there this year.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Fiveprime, SSD drives
    Everyone (general preemptive statement) - Lets assume the processors and GPU's we all get are exceptional for our use, no need to degrade any bencher for having better access than others if they have worked hard to attain such a part, this goes for all the top guys seeded parts by their sponsors, this makes sponsors unhappy as well as casts bad light on those with such parts. I would hate to have people bag on the top guys for being supplied cherry parts.
    I think my joke was misunderstood, I was just making a pun given the fact that the CPUs were physically stored in bins. I was most certainly not attributing their scores to cherry picked parts, nor was I trying to rag on them. I've just never seen so many chips sitting in one place.

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Fiveprime, SSD drives

Thanks for the thread Petri and great photo's.

Ive been out for the past week traveling and finally back home and well rested.

Working on Cebit now and would love to combine forces again for another OC event in Germany.
    I hope I could come to CEBIT event too. Las Vegas was great, thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Are you talking about the 3 units there ? Those are ACARD 9010 RAM Drives if I am not mistaken. I have one here and they are very nice
    Yes, that's correct. Those are ACARD ram drives. I saw those first time under that benchtable.

I think my joke was misunderstood, I was just making a pun given the fact that the CPUs were physically stored in bins. I was most certainly not attributing their scores to cherry picked parts, nor was I trying to rag on them. I've just never seen so many chips sitting in one place.
    Don't worry. We know.. we know
    You are as good as your samples are!

Champion
    Unfortunatley that is not what I mean, I am sorry if it was interpreted as degrading the guys that worked really hard there. All top benchers use cherry picked hardware, it is very hard to be the first without the best hardware, and that takes no glory away from that guys that are doing it. On the contrary, testing to find the best is hard work and it takes lots of time and determination. There si no noubt in my mind regarding the tremendous work the guys put into this event, and they fully deserve our respect and appreciation for that.

What I was trying to point out is that I am unhappy that a truly good Phenom II chip takes lots of pre-testing to find and there are chips out there that bearly come close to 6G. I was expecting more from AMD then just a great fabrication process, and no cold-bug does not help at all if your chip does not scale with voltage how it should (and that is the case of many of these chips). Also performance is far from what we have expected. So...my pun was intended for AMD, not for the guys that worked hard and got really good results.
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Crunch-Fu Adept
    guys, you MUST come to CEBIT. At least I would have a real reason to come ...
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Hey Guys!
    This is a very important mark in OC history, Liquid Helium..
    5* for the inovation and pics!!
    Thats realy nice work and thats great results to AMD!
    No Cold Bug or boot?
    Congratulations, I love that!
    Have a nice Benching days
    Cumps

Xtreme Member
    SF3D great job, very cool

Xtreme Member
    Wow.

Xtreme Member
    Have you guys seen this? Really cool video indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0JodKgZ0A

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Experiment.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2207429

H.264, looks great in VLC.

Enjoy.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 64NOMIS View Post
    The Experiment.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2207429

H.264, looks great in VLC.

Enjoy.
    Is that the same as this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0JodKgZ0A

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes, Insofar as a hershey bar dropped in the sand on a hot day is the same as one pristine and in the wrapper.

Xtreme Legend
    Simon, what a great video! Great job
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Nice Hardware!!!
    Cool video Simon! Luckily our interviews were not in it

We didn't thought about consequences of our actions -->
    "AMD does not recommend to pour LN2 to your friends head"
    You are as good as your samples are!

Xtreme Guru
    lol and as usual the youtube comments are pretty silly, im not surprised at all
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Administrator
    Yes, Insofar as a hershey bar dropped in the sand on a hot day is the same as one pristine and in the wrapper.
    It has no seeds

Xtreme Mentor
    Great video Simon!

I love the little joke in an introduction text .

Good job!
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Put the blast shield down and use the force - the minin@va torrent seed count is not reliable - plenty of seeds, just que it up and trust in the force.

I am Xtreme
    Put the blast shield down and use the force - the minin@va torrent seed count is not reliable - plenty of seeds, just que it up and trust in the force.
    Kudos on the video
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Glad you liked the disclaimer. Even the Lawyers laughed.

It was an honor to work with the legends and a pleasure to collaborate with the XS community.

I cannot stress enough the human factor in extreme OC and events of this scale. It's difficult to capture on film. The only things preventing utter failure were the spirit of the team of overclockers and the coordination of everyone who made the event possible. The encouragement we received in the preview events inspired us to make this most extreme attempt with LHe. It was literally at the Chicago preview event that the idea for AMD to attend the XS event and perform "The Experiment" was born. The team had less than a month to make the event a reality, and a three hour window with 500L of LHe to make it history.

Xtreme Mentor
    Good to know Simon!
    I like inside stories of how things are done. Sometimes people don't realize how one small decision can build or destroy big/great things.

BTW after 1h of downloading of that torrent now I have 30 seeds!
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Administrator
    LOL I did have it up for awhile and was recieving nothing. Thanks I will try again

ahh now its going My the force be with you !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast