Thread: mach2 chill controller

Xtreme Enthusiast

mach2 chill controller

hey guys i have this mach 2 here that i was fixing now i have it all back together and i did have it running. then when i was going to do another test run to make sure it was working right before i gave it back to its owner. so i pluged it in and it poped the fuse. all good so i put another fues in it and pluged it in and it poped the fues again it as poped every one i have put in there can some one help or even let me know if u guys know any one with a mach2 gt chill controller that they would like to get rid of please PM me. thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    or even if any one might no where i could buy one new even just so i can get this mach system up and running with the controller. now if it was mine i would just run it with out the controller but the owner says he has to have the heaters. (as i can't get it throw to him that the heaters will not do what he wants them to do) he seems to think that in the windows program that he can change the temp of the evap so if he want to run it at -5c he can and if he wants to run it at -30c he can. now i knnow that he can not do this with the heaters but i just can't get him to beleave this. so i need to find a controller real bad

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok guys i got it to take the flash but it still pops the fuse everytime it trys to start the compressor. but if u hard wire the compressor it works fine so its not the compressor can some one please help

Xtreme Member
    Hey Brad!

What are the dangers of shorting across the fuse in such a system? if it can damage the controller, best to pass, but if the compressor is the only concern, and since you have verified that is works, then I suppose it would be okay? What's the worst case scenario if you just short across it?

EDIT: you probably already thought of this, but maybe you could try a beefier fuse (if safe to controller), and see if that one gets popped also.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well guess i found out what was wrong some one had screwed the guy and told him it was a mach2 gt. the guy even whe't as far as changing the case so it says mach2 gt on the back but if i use any of the firm ware for the mach2 gt then it blows fuses but if i put stock firm ware on there like the ones that come on the mach2LS and it works fine now

Xtreme Member
    That really sucks. There must be a way for him to dispute the charge to paypal or the credit card company or something...

Its really a shame that there are people out there pulling stuff like that. Just goes to show that you should never trust a phase unit from anyone you meet on ebay lol!

(to others: inside joke. Bought my unit from Ruffus after seeing it on ebay)

-100C Club
    In all the years I have been dealing with machs I have never seen one blow fuses due to firmware???? I smell a fish, easiest way to tell if the case has been changed check the rivits.........
    Also the old mach2's didnt have the usb interface (had the plug on the board but just wouldnt work)
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

Xtreme Addict
    FYI Don't ever just keep replacing fuses. Don't ever use a higher rated fuse or short out it out. Fuses blow for a reason and it is hardly ever resolved by doing nothing other than trying again.

Xtreme Mentor
    this post reminded of of a sad depressing episode at a gas station, guy blows a fuse, scratched head, puts a new one it blows, 10 later he gave up this is the sort of inteligent drivers we have out there folks!

If the fuse blows the first time FIND THE PROBLEM! yes, there IS a reason they blow, it is doing its job preventing your a$s from catching on fire! get the multimeter and current meter out and check the compresser
    RLA and compare to the messured draw
    Check the windings for a winding shorts or partial shorts
    Check the starting circuit and verify the start cap and or run cap

After the compressor is fully verified and checked trace the wiring ensure it is all correct and of the correct guage for the load put apon them. Check the resistance of the closed relays contacts ensure it is zerro to non (Dirty relay contacts will cuase poor voltage and excessive current & heat).

Don't be a ******* < incert word of choice and find and fix the real issue, rather then shoving new fuses in just to blow them!
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok guys i know i have never seen firm ware blow a fues but as soon as i put the stock firm ware on there i had no more problems with it as well i also found that the software would not work right at lest till i hooked it up to a PC and then i had got rid of that problem
    now for this firmware thing the firm ware i put on it the first time (when it was poping fueses) was one that had a warring to only use on a GT model and with me thinking it was a mach2 from the case was wrong it must be a LS.
    oh ya and for the rivits they were all gone and the guy even had the condensor screwd in where there should have been rivits all i know is now that i changed the firmware back to the stock 700 series firmware i am not haveing any more problems