Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclocking my 745i

Xtreme Enthusiast

Overclocking my 745i

Now that I've gotten pretty good at overclocking (and be buying my own car soon), I'm here to learn how to overclock my 745i. It's an '02 btw. And yes I know you don't overclock a car. Anyone got some links to some good bmw parts shops (I don't need a manual, taking apart a car is the same concept as a computer lol)?

Xtreme Guru
    post on some popular bmw forums, develop a plan of action you want to take for the car, get the tools, parts, and factory service manuals, and go wild

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    post on some popular bmw forums, develop a plan of action you want to take for the car, get the tools, parts, and factory service manuals, and go wild
    Funny, sounds a lot like the way I built my first pc (780i).

Thanks lol.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Overclock the i-drive !!!

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't even talk to me about that thing. Biggest POS I've ever used. Might have been near decent in 2002, but doesn't near cut it in 2009. Good thing my blackberry has a gps lol.

Xtreme Cruncher
    So you're saying it wouldn't matter if you fried it... See how fast you can make it map !

Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That involves opening and looking for the computer, putting TIM, adding a heatsink (a real one), etc etc. Too much work.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Then maybe you're not Xtreme Systems material.....

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by don_xvi View Post
    rolf........... :P

and what do you mean, you want to know what to do to get the most performance benefits out your car i'm guessing?
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Mentor
    if you want to go completely insane you could get a supercharger for it

The model of the supercharger is TM-20
    http://www.a-s-a.de/ (iirc its only in the German bit and hasn't been translated yet)

apparently some dude called Samir can get one from Renn-sport.net!!!! so yeah contact him if your interested
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

I am Xtreme
    look up Shark edit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by don_xvi View Post
    I never use the iDrive so no use wasting time on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    rolf........... :P

and what do you mean, you want to know what to do to get the most performance benefits out your car i'm guessing?
    Heck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    if you want to go completely insane you could get a supercharger for it

The model of the supercharger is TM-20
    http://www.a-s-a.de/ (iirc its only in the German bit and hasn't been translated yet)

apparently some dude called Samir can get one from Renn-sport.net!!!! so yeah contact him if your interested
    Thanks for that link. A supercharger would be nice on that car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by libertysyclone View Post
    look up Shark edit
    What is it?

Xtreme Member
    Hit up bavauto.com for a lot of BMW/Mini parts, stock and performance. I've been using Bavarian Autosports for years now, they are a great company.
    God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

AMD Athlon 64 4000+, ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, eVGA GeForce 8800 GTX, 1Gb OCZ RAM, WD 10k RPM Raptor and 7.2k RPM Caviar, Thermalright SI-128 ,Lian-Li PC-V1000 Plus II

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by libertysyclone View Post
    look up Shark edit
    Don't you mean the Shark Injector?

Champion
    Just a question.. do you really want to overclock you 745? I mean.. its a big luxurious boat. To make it "quick" will be a big challenge w/ all that weight and autotrans. High end speed would be cool on teh autobahn. I think you might end up sinking alot of money into this project. But.. if that is waht you enjoy. .then go for it

Since I am ol'skool BMW.. I only know about AC Schinz, Dinan, and Racing Dynamic. Either way good luck

- Ton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just might get this shark injector, seems like a fun toy.

TiTON, know what's more fun than a big luxurious boat? A FAST big luxurious boat that easily kills random ricers.

Xtreme Mentor
    Pictures, or you don't own the car
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Cruncher
    hit up bimmerforums and then see if there are any 7er/E65 dedicated forums you can find.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Pictures, or you don't own the car
    Check your PM's later tonight.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The average rice box can't beat a 4.5 litre V8 engine anyway. You'll spend loads of money on something that's pointless.
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

Xtreme Member
    things to get in order....
    #1 chip (reprogramming the ECU will get the most power increase for the least money)
    #2 Headers / Downpipes (exhaust out quicker = air in quicker)
    #3 Exhaust upgrade (see above + sound!!)
    #4 intake system
    #5 Suspension upgrade
    #6 Twin Turbo / Supercharge the car! you should be after about 500-650hp at this point, maybe more.

Xtreme Mentor
    www.dinancars.com

There you go
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Addict
    Is this the 16 year old who was asking how to make his dads beemer FAST AND FURIOUS? Just a little advice, buy your own car and rice it up. Not the BMW. Those things are not made for tuning.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazu View Post
    . Those things are not made for tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYKHB9wrBdc
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazu View Post
    Is this the 16 year old who was asking how to make his dads beemer FAST AND FURIOUS? Just a little advice, buy your own car and rice it up. Not the BMW. Those things are not made for tuning.
    A 7 series definitely isn't.
    But the 3 and 5 series are. (not the 1 series, that's a rip-off)
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast