Thread: E6700 Replacement

E6700 Replacement

Hi all.

I just acquired a PC from a soldier deploying to Afghanistan. It's a bit dated, with a ASUS P5N E and an E6700 chip installed. Is it worth it to plug another chip into this board, or to simply play around with the chip installed already? I'm not looking for huge overclocks, just something to game with until I leave for A-stan myself.

It came with what appear's to be a pair of 8800 GTS 320MB, which mean's little to me as I have I GTX 260, which I was planning on using my EVGA step-up for the 295. Just trying to piece together a decent gaming rig for my spare time here.

I am Xtreme
    If I was you I would swap the mobo with eg a P35/45 based , sell the 8800GTS and keep the 260 mate... it has enough power to handle most games on a 22 inch monitor... if you have an inferior monitor a GPU upgrade is not required...

If you cool that NB well 3.33Ghz is no problem on the P5N-E... and to be honest I'm working and gaming on a stock E8400 with a 9800GTX and that's fast enough too for most games ( besides Crysis and GTA 4) on my 19 inch monitor
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree