Thread: Cosmos Quality?

Banned

Cool Cosmos Quality?

Hey. just looking for some opinions / facts about the Cosmos cases.
    Ive been looking into what computer case i would like for quite some time now. and ive pretty much narrowed it down to the Cosmos cases (or still possibly the TJ07 if someone proves the cosmos inferior)..

but anyway, i have previously heard that some people who have had both the Cosmos1000 and CosmosS prefer the 1000 due to the heavier metal and general sturdyness. i was looking for some more opinions on this matter

also, i saw the thread on the Black List Cosmos - that would be bloody great if i could get one of them (cos they are shibby!), but of course thats limited edition. how available are they, how much would i pay for them, and where would i look to get it?

Im probs going to be doing a single w/c loop, gtx280 on an x58mobo etc etc. still yet to decide. so if theres any fitting issues with that sorta stuff. pls let me know.

Any advice for choosing which case to get / any info on problems you guys have had with the Cosmos cases would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i went to pc world last weekend and had a play around with a cosmos s case. let me tell u that case is HUGE and is well built from the ground up. i dont like the side panel fan though, it feels cheaply done and looks as if its just going to toss in a load of dust inside your build.

why dont you check out the Lian Li cases in particular this one:

full tower case called PC-A70

Banned
    thanks for the reply. nah yeh i really prefer the awesome-factor of the cosmos series to the LianLi's, they just look better tbh.

yeh ive been lookin at pics of the Cosmos S - and i figured i would replace the side-panel with the windowed one that you can get. that would solve the crappy mesh look, and would get rid of the dodjo fan (that i presume is quite noisy too).
    the LianLi's are a bit simplistic and ordinary lookin for my taste, but thats just me eh. thanks again

Xtreme Member
    i have both, the cosmos 1000 and the cosmos S. honestly both cases have pretty the same frame. plus or minus a few small features. if youre gonna be using a triple rad then the cosmos S is the way too go. double rad and smaller go 1000. these cases are VERY sturdy while being surprisingly light when they dont have anything in them. the cosmos S also has the cool power button, where you dont have to actually press it, you lightly move your finger over it and it comes on. as far as the fan and side panel go. the mesh is actually sturdy and doesnt look cheap. and the fan isnt as loud as you think it would be, however im getting rid of it as well. the window mod would almost be too easy with the cosmos S side panel. its already got a nice cut for a window and pretty much the mesh/fan/plastic pieces all come out really easy. if you have any other questions ill try to answer the best i can.

Xtreme Addict
    I have the Cosmos 1000, good quality but maybe a bit to much plastic.
    Sometimes something resonates and I can't figure out what it is. Sometimes its the dust filters under the case, sometimes something else.
    I have placed soft Neoprene isolation stuff under the bars but that's not enough.

The frame is really sturdy. Thick metal and lots of modding possibility's.
    Overall a good case.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

what about the coolermaster 932HAF? those are fantastic with brillient air flow. not has highly constructed has the cosmos but it blows them away in terms of performance and doesnt look as simplicit has the lian li's.

I have a HAF but geting rid of it in two weeks time thinking about a Cosmos S instead for a new i7 build.

Simple reason I like the way the drive bays are setup, and the HAF the one thing that really annoys me is the side window and stupid meshed metal.
    The TJ07 is a very nice case thought about that for a while as well but gone off that system now due to the amount of build threads that all look exactly the same. Boring looking case with nothing special in it.

Lian-li's are nice as well specialy the V series tons of rooms and very nice build quality.

Also the black series Cosmos will set you back around £450 pounds in europe!!

Banned

Talking

thanks heaps for ur input guys. im leaning towards the Cosmos S. So far ive heard heaps of good things about it. but nothing bad??? has anyone got any bad news about it? reasons i shouldnt get it?

as for the HAF - i really really dislike the window they have lol. sorry to say. someone else reccomended it to me and i thought it was a joke lol.

thanks again.

Xtreme Member
    the only bad thing i can think of is that they made it so that you cant mount the triple rad between the top piece and the frame. that really really bothered me. you have to mount the rad to the inside and the fans on top. i would rather have it the other way around. that is the biggest con of this case. other than that i cant think of one.
    Case: PPC's Powdercoated TJ07
    Mobo: EVGA 780i SLI (FTW Edition)
    Cpu: E8500
    Ram: Coming Soon
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2
    Psu: Zalman ZM 1000 Watt
    Gpu: GTX 295 W/ DD-GTX 295 WB
    HDD : 2x1 250 Caviar SE 16's
    HDD 2: 1 TB Samsung 32 MB cache (Movies)
    Water Cooling:
    Pump: Laing D5 MCP 655 Rad: XSPC RX360
    Cpu: Apogee GTZ Res: XSPC 250mm Passive

Banned
    okay cool, looks like a pretty quality case.

anyone got any ideas of how i can get one of the limited edition 'Black List Cosmos' cases? - cos that would be freakin sick if i could get one of them.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NameTaken45 View Post
    the only bad thing i can think of is that they made it so that you cant mount the triple rad between the top piece and the frame. that really really bothered me. you have to mount the rad to the inside and the fans on top. i would rather have it the other way around. that is the biggest con of this case. other than that i cant think of one.
    I know for a fact that you can mount a Black Ice GTX with Push-Pull 25mm fans in a Cosmos S.

1 set of fans has to sit above the frame but what's that... 2mm away from the radiator?
    You can still mount a row of fans under the radiator, you don't NEED to mount them above the frame contrary to what you may think.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus000 View Post
    I know for a fact that you can mount a Black Ice GTX with Push-Pull 25mm fans in a Cosmos S.

1 set of fans has to sit above the frame but what's that... 2mm away from the radiator?
    You can still mount a row of fans under the radiator, you don't NEED to mount them above the frame contrary to what you may think.
    ive had them mounted both ways. the fans straight to the triple rad but it hangs down too low into the case. and yeah the fans are only...2mm away but it would look more clean and like a better mod to fit the rad between the frame and the top piece. right now i have the fans above the frame (in the build log) this was just my personal opinion of what was wrong with the case.
    Water Cooling:

Xtreme Member
    It doesn't hang too low dude, I helped a mate put together 3x Cosmos S builds all with Black Ice GTX Rads and Push-Pull 25mm Fans fastened onto the rad.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/DSCN0734.jpg
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/DSCN0748.jpg

Xtreme Member
    dude, personal opinion. calm down. this guy was asking for the pros and cons of this case. to me when the rad and fans come below the latch bar its hanging too low.

BTW aldur dont waste your time on the limited edition case its almost identical to the cosmos 1000. just painted black with a window mod.
    Last edited by NameTaken45; 01-09-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Water Cooling:

Xtreme Member
    Calm down? lol i'm perfectly calm fella.

I'm only saying that IMO the thing you class as a bad point about the case, isn't a bad point.

Xtreme Member
    k, well everyone is entitled to their own WRONG opinion and we'll leave it at that.
    Water Cooling:

Banned
    dude, personal opinion. calm down. this guy was asking for the pros and cons of this case. to me when the rad and fans come below the latch bar its hanging too low.

BTW aldur dont waste your time on the limited edition case its almost identical to the cosmos 1000. just painted black with a window mod.
    stop bickering on my thread. get ur own.

as for the limited edition case being 'just painted black' - lol thats exactly WHY i want it. americans have it easy with modding. but here in Aus, we dont have places to get cases painted n stuff. so the only way to get a shmic lookin case is to buy it straight off the bat.

does anyone know how to get hands on some of them badboys?

Xtreme Member
    have it easy? its called a can of spray paint. quit being lazy

unsubscribed to this thread.
    Water Cooling:

Banned
    have it easy? its called a can of spray paint. quit being lazy

unsubscribed to this thread.
    thats not very nice.

no, the Black List has a really nice finish which could be really hard to get with spraypaint. i have done mods etc with spraypaint before, usually end up okay. but im not nearly confident enough in my ability to make a 1000 look like a blacklist lol.

but.. i might just settle with a Cosmos S :P