Thread: Funniest Tech Things I've Heard/Seen Today

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Northeast Ohio, Where the weather changes every 30 min...

Funniest Tech Things I've Heard/Seen Today

1. I need to get on the internet to check my internet! (Someone just not thinking in the house today, still kind of funny)

2. This fan is real good, its got LCD lights.(I wanted to laugh just at the mention of lights making fans better, but LCD lights, man oh man...)

3. This fan is upgradeable for sure. (Looking at 25cm fan in an Enermax Case that just screams I don't budge)

4. This is a real good case. (Guy points to random case on the shelf that has colored lights and is big)

5. You need to turn off the integrated graphics in your bios so you can use the new graphics card. (Employee talking to a 40-45 year old lady that doesn't look like she understands a word)

6. This wasn't said, but was hilarious to watch. The guy that was helping me at microcenter had to look up the price of a Phenom II 940 for me on newegg for a pricematch. First thing he did when he opened the browser was go from the page it was on to google before typing newegg.com in the url bar. Then he couldn't figure out that newegg has the processors under C in the computer hardware menu for cpu, so before figuring that out he botched a search that came up with no results. After finding the cpu option in that menu, he spent a minute reading all the processor deals looking for it, but then the only reason he got further is because there was an amd processors link on the right side. After looking through the deals again on the new page, he saw an advertisement for phenom II's on the right side of the page. So then he had to print it out to take it up front. 3 test pages and 5 minutes later, he said the printer wasn't working. He had to walk me up front, standard case when you buy any piece of hardware there, and then proceeded to waste another 10 minutes having another guy confirm the price match.

That story alone makes me realize part of why people think us ohioans are stupid, most of us really are. I mean come on, you work in the build your own system section of microcenter and you fail at using newegg? If I worked there the average IQ would probably jump 10 points or so. But hey, I can give them the other side of it and say that they probably held me up because they didn't want to give me a $60 discount because I'm a smart consumer when it comes to parts. I did the same thing to them when I got my last 9850 but it took much less time.

I just had to say all that, haven't had anyone to talk to that would think it was funny at all yet today. What was even worse is that I couldn't laugh at any of it until way after the fact.
    Not much to say right now.

Xtreme Addict
    Been there many times (tech-store situations)... one of the reasons I try to avoid them when I can... hearing reps give misleading and/or bogus answers really grinds my gears.
    1.7%

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldguy932 View Post
    1. I need to get on the internet to check my internet! (Someone just not thinking in the house today, still kind of funny)

2. This fan is real good, its got LCD lights.(I wanted to laugh just at the mention of lights making fans better, but LCD lights, man oh man...)

3. This fan is upgradeable for sure. (Looking at 25cm fan in an Enermax Case that just screams I don't budge)

4. This is a real good case. (Guy points to random case on the shelf that has colored lights and is big)

5. You need to turn off the integrated graphics in your bios so you can use the new graphics card. (Employee talking to a 40-45 year old lady that doesn't look like she understands a word)

6. This wasn't said, but was hilarious to watch. The guy that was helping me at microcenter had to look up the price of a Phenom II 940 for me on newegg for a pricematch. First thing he did when he opened the browser was go from the page it was on to google before typing newegg.com in the url bar. Then he couldn't figure out that newegg has the processors under C in the computer hardware menu for cpu, so before figuring that out he botched a search that came up with no results. After finding the cpu option in that menu, he spent a minute reading all the processor deals looking for it, but then the only reason he got further is because there was an amd processors link on the right side. After looking through the deals again on the new page, he saw an advertisement for phenom II's on the right side of the page. So then he had to print it out to take it up front. 3 test pages and 5 minutes later, he said the printer wasn't working. He had to walk me up front, standard case when you buy any piece of hardware there, and then proceeded to waste another 10 minutes having another guy confirm the price match.

That story alone makes me realize part of why people think us ohioans are stupid, most of us really are. I mean come on, you work in the build your own system section of microcenter and you fail at using newegg? If I worked there the average IQ would probably jump 10 points or so. But hey, I can give them the other side of it and say that they probably held me up because they didn't want to give me a $60 discount because I'm a smart consumer when it comes to parts. I did the same thing to them when I got my last 9850 but it took much less time.

I just had to say all that, haven't had anyone to talk to that would think it was funny at all yet today. What was even worse is that I couldn't laugh at any of it until way after the fact.
    they'll price match newegg?
    Intel Core i7 920 #3841A437 @ 3.8ghz 1.26v HT off
    Thermalright True-120 Extreme
    Gigabyte ex58-UD3R @ 190x20
    6gb (3x2gb) G.Skill Pi @ 1520mhz 7-7-7-21-1T
    PNY 8800gtx @ 640/1000
    abs (tagan) 700w
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Seagate 320gb
    LG 25.5" LCD
    Logitech G11 + mx518, Logitech x530 5.1 + plantronics DSP500

"The virus damaged your motherboard. We'll have to sent it to IBM for an RMA, which will cost you 60€" - Tech guy from a local pcstore to a woman who had some spyware
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, they price match newegg on cpu's so if they have the one I want in stock I go there just so I don't have to wait for shipping. I couldn't wait for shipping this time or else I would have been waiting another 3 weeks for my deneb because I'd be at college. Or in the case that I got my Q9450 they were $50 cheaper than newegg. Tax is like paying 3 day shipping for fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldguy932 View Post

hello man i have the same stepping as you (CACVC AC 0849DPAW) AND
    this is my results:
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=480117

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=480133

sorry for my english

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a thread in the Amd section that you should post those in. I have two tables for people to get listed in, one for stable clocks and others for suicide/benching clocks/just don't post stability tests. Only 10 people included in it so far but its only the second day that ph2's have been available to the public.