Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BloodRage BIOS Bugs/Changes/Additions Report/Request Thread

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Mine remains at the number I set with G13 bios. I shut it down every night.
    Attachment 93738Attachment 93739
    You're using a value that works ( 24T ).
    Try 23T, 21T and you'll see
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    So... use the "Always On" Turbo Mode setting, and make sure you measure the Voltage you're feeding your CPU with a Digital MultiMeter, and make sure your CPU cores temperatures stay under 90C in Full Load.
    actually ive seen an i7 drop down to stock multi with 75C already, it seems to depend on the cpu i think... or maybe it was current that made it drop, could be too...

thanks for keeping this thread alive bill!
    ill send some fedback to the engineers now, most is already know and beeing worked on tho

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I went through the list and left comments in the first post, and removed the things that arent possible to this post:

BIOS Feature wishlist
    (separate setting for each PCI-Express Slot)
    - Not supported by the chipset, sorry...
    Manual PCI-Express Slots Rate Configuration (having the ability to set the 3rd PCI-Express slot to 4x for example to support some PCI-E RAID Cards, etc)
    - Not necessary, any x1 or x4 or x8 card can work in any x16 slot of the board
    RAM Clock Skews (Separately for each channel)
    - Not supported by the IMC as far as i know...
    Shortcut Key ( F8 for example ) during POST to display the "Boot Device Menu Pop-up"
    - Already exists, PrtSc aka Print brings up the Boot Device menu
    If you want I can ask them to change it to F8

Interrupt 19 Capture ( enable/disable ) in the BIOS, some RAID Cards need it for the user to be able to enter their configuration menu
    - Are you sure we dont have this setting? Im pretty sure we have it in the boot options and legacy settings menu?
    PCI Latency Clock control ( timer )
    - Are you sure we dont have this setting? Im pretty sure we have it in the boot options and legacy settings menu?
    RAM Drive Strength
    - Not supported by the IMC afaik, the imc adjusts it automatically according to an internal routine and it cant be changed...
    Memory Remap ( might be enabled by default on the Bloomfield IMC, I'm not sure ) [ if it is, then the setting is unnecessary obviously ]
    - Yepp, enabled by default, i dont think its necessary to disable this as there is no advantage to having it disabled...

BIOS Setting renaming wishlist
    CPU Clock Amplitude Ctrl ==> CPU Clock OverCharge [ options = 700mV, 800mV, 900mV, 1000mV ]
    - Thats an Asus marketing Name...

Possible or Confirmed BIOS Bugs
    4) The tRRD ( RAS to RAS Delay ) setting's minimum is 2T. 1T isn't supported on Bloomfield ?
    - afaik only DDR2 supports 1T tRRD?
    Last edited by saaya; 02-10-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Saaya, any ETA for a new BIOS?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by EnisDonKing View Post
    I'd say a week or two approx.
    Their BIOS engineers are probably busy playing darts with my photo on the wall

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Hehe, your suggestions were most constructive and I'm sure Foxconn's engineers appreciate your input, as well as many future-owners of Blood Rage who will be happy to have mostly bug-free BIOS to play with.

When will the turbo bug be resolved? Asus had it managed, DFI and Gigabyte have it why Foxconn can't do it!

Idle

Load -200MHz

With which BIOS does the setting come, that the TDP-Bug will be fixed and the Multi will hold the 21 by over 1,45 V V-Core?

Gigabyte has it

DFI LANparty UT X58-T3eH8 has it:

Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 has it:

Foxconn Bloodrage need it too:

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    As far as I know the TDP Limit is already disabled.
    I've punched 1.45V++ and the turbo multiplier stood still

Xtreme Member
    mine doesnt.. my multi keeps changing underload no matter what power settings I disable. Does it under vista and xp both.

G18 right here!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKECW452
    Last edited by NCspecV81; 02-15-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I'm not sure but I think that Foxconn have it as an option on the first BIOS screen with the cpu/uncore/ddr3 multi's

CPU Turbo Mode
    - Disabled
    - Enabled
    - Always on

I think the third one should fix it, although I get x21 with it just set to 'enabled' on watercooling. You can also get x22 if you drop down to 1 core, but i found this multi to be less stable than x21. I found a way of fixing the turbo mode multi on the 965xe which was to go into CPU Feature and set both the TDP limits to 'Enabled' but with the highest value. '32672' or something like that.

I have got 4.4-4.5Ghz out of my 920 as well now, time to test on phase. Anyone been over 220bclk on 21 multi on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
    mine doesnt.. my multi keeps changing underload no matter what power settings I disable. Does it under vista and xp both.

G18 right here!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKECW452
    Have you tried G18 ?

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    G18 interesting, have to try it.

The key to getting turbo on always is 2 fold.

#1 Enable PPM, But disable EIST and Cxe in cpu features.

#2 In CPU Turbo Mode, enable - Always on

This allows the board to use Power management to keep Turbo Mode Always on.

But you need to disable EIST and Cxe in cpu features. Because EIST is why your multi is always all over the place.

I report back on G18
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Have you tried G18 ?

Yeah I have, but I have gremlins in my bloodrage. I can't use more than 1 stick of ram. =o\. It's like that for all the bioses.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    were you able to get that turbo always on?
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    were you able to get that turbo always on?
    regardless of which bios I had to use the fix above with setting the tdp and tdc values to like 32767.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by EnisDonKing View Post
    if you cant wait then pm me your email address, G19 is already beeing tested, i sent it out to a few people and it seems to work very well

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    I'd say a week or two approx.
    Their BIOS engineers are probably busy playing darts with my photo on the wall
    more likely a picture of me hehe

Mayk-Freak and everybody else with this problem, all those bios options on the other boards do is set a certain max tdp and tdc value. we a ONE button feature like that but rather let you experiment with different values.

afaik gigabyte is setting 150W for tdp and 130A for current for example.
    on BloodRage the tdp and tdc values are in 1/8A and 1/8W steps, so if you set it to tdp=1200W and tdc=1040A you should have turbo on at all times
    Some people reported that setting it to the max value works as well
    and you dont have to disable EIST btw

Hope that helps, if it doesnt then let me know!

Xtreme Member
    CPU FAN CONTROL - By Duty Cycle // Seems broke, fan will always run at maximum speed - 3 PIN Connector.
    Dunno if the controller was designed to work only if 4 PIN pad is connected, anyway would be cool have in next bios release PWM controlled fan like NB - SYS also on CPU.

G19 - Delta 4000 RPM FAN

Edit:
    * Probably is a bit too much ask for one personal dynamic fan control profile, something like the old nForce motherboard, where u can select the operating range?

if temp > 60°C, set fan speed 90%
    if temp < 45°C, set fan speed 65%

Best regards

Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-16-2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:
    FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage Rev.1.1 Bios P11

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXlAinXx View Post
    CPU FAN CONTROL - By Duty Cycle // Seems broke, fan will always run at maximum speed - 3 PIN Connector.
    Dunno if the controller was designed to work only if 4 PIN pad is connected, anyway would be cool have in next bios release PWM controlled fan like NB - SYS also on CPU.

G19 - Delta 4000 RPM FAN

Edit:
    * Probably is a bit too much ask for one personal dynamic fan control profile, something like the old nForce motherboard, where u can select the operating range?

if temp > 60°C, set fan speed 90%
    if temp < 45°C, set fan speed 65%

Best regards

fanspeed by duty cycle is not broken, it just doesnt work with some 3pin fans on a 4pin connector. just use any of the 3pin connectors and it should work fine the cool and unique thing about BloodRage is that you can adjust the fanspeed on the fly, and in 1% steps, so you can adjust the fanspeed exactly to what you want it to be airflow, rpm or noise wise

i asked the bios guys about the smartfan option, its using 3 values, min, max and offset. min is the temperature value the fan will run at min speed or even stop spinning, max is the temp value where itll run full speed, and everything in between is calculated by an algorythm. then theres an offset value to move this algorythm curve up or down. i asked if we could add an option to change the offset or min and max values and if we have time they will do so in future

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    New "stable" ( P series ) BIOS from Foxconn.
    Click here to download the P04 BIOS for the Foxconn BloodRage

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Bill,
    Can you see any differences with 19a?
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.
    I just got back to my place two hours ago.
    I might give it a go later on.

Xtreme Member

fixed

Well, duo the P series I might state in note improvements.

Improvements are:
    memory compatibility
    cpu core multiplier improvements
    several minor fixes to improve stability at high overclocks

I dont know which BIOS P04 is based on.
    Let's wait Saaya for some details

QUAD SLI still might have issue with it.
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:
    FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage Rev.1.1 Bios P11

Xtreme Addict
    Request: Would be nice if the board would allow vDimm changes of 0.01V below 1.60V, just like it does above. Right now (P06 bios), goes from 1.60--> 1.55. Maybe no benefit, but some sticks are pretty picky, and actually behave better with lower voltage. My own sticks scale slightly better as I go from 1.65V to 1.60V, and I'm finding myself wondering if another 0.01 or 0.02V less might make a difference. 1.55Vdimm is definitely too low, though.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXlAinXx View Post
    Well, duo the P series I might state in note improvements.

Improvements are:
    memory compatibility
    cpu core multiplier improvements
    several minor fixes to improve stability at high overclocks

I dont know which BIOS P04 is based on.
    Let's wait Saaya for some details

QUAD SLI still might have issue with it.
    P04 is based on G19, and so is P06, the latest one
    P06 fixed turbo mode dropping to default multi with high vcore and high cpu clocks, and it improved S3 and S4 which now works fine even at high bclocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MpG View Post
    Request: Would be nice if the board would allow vDimm changes of 0.01V below 1.60V, just like it does above. Right now (P06 bios), goes from 1.60--> 1.55. Maybe no benefit, but some sticks are pretty picky, and actually behave better with lower voltage. My own sticks scale slightly better as I go from 1.65V to 1.60V, and I'm finding myself wondering if another 0.01 or 0.02V less might make a difference. 1.55Vdimm is definitely too low, though.
    thanks! great feedback!
    ill talk to the bios engineers right away

EDIT: sorry mpg, its not possible to get finger steps below 1.60 without a hardware mod...
    Last edited by saaya; 03-22-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast