Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X58 BloodRage PSU Compatibility list

950W Enermax Revolution85+ works fine with the Rev1.0 Board

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos View Post
    So which version numbers are 'older'?
    1.0 is the first, then 1.1 etc
    I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead.
    which mem is that? it might be because of the spd... there are a lot of memory kits that are rated 1600 or higher but only have an spd profile of 1333 to make sure the memory boots up the first time in case vdimm is low
    you can use virtual XMP 1600 in the newer BIOSes

I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly.
    yes, some beta BIOSes are detected as P02 if they are based on P02... sorry it can be confusing if you dont remember what bios you flashed...

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.
    cool! im very glad to hear that

Anyway, I want to thank all the folks here helping me out with getting this build right for performance, longetivity, style and my specific budgeted cost (stock speeds atm):
    Blood Rage x58 board
    G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
    Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE Black cooler
    PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts ESA
    Dual GTX 260
    Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, Acer P243W 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
    Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)
    SunbeamTec Transformer case with TT Red Thunderblade fans
    damn, thats a nice rig!
    TRUE black? never heard of it, could you post some pics?
    and the killer NIC, did you ever try any of those linux apps they released for it? i heard you can reprogram the xilinx cpu to do other tasks than accelerating the network?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8golf View Post
    Add the BFG ES-800 to the *works fine* list.
    added, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trembledust View Post
    I actually have the 1010w OCZ psu in another rig. Pretty good psu. Yea da +10w is kinda funny.

I'm still testing my Silverstone ST1000 psu to see if its compatable or not but it maybe leaning towards non compatable. I'll still need to run a few more tests and I'll let you guys know. I'm also going to test the OCZGamerXStream 700w for compatability. I doubt it wont be compatable since its big brother is already posted as being compatable but eh. Something to do.
    thanks a lot for checking the other psu as well man!

Quote Originally Posted by gr8golf View Post
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Bump for what ?
    You posted that it's working fine.
    Saaya is in Taiwan and it's about 4 am in Taiwan if I'm not mistaken...
    He'll update the list when he gets back online.
    in the end i deserved the bump, took me a couple of days to update this thread, sorry :P
    gr8golf, next time poke me via email pls ^^

Sorry for adding off-topic stuff but thanks for replying. I just starting talking about the other issues I've had after I was asking about the random boot up issue. I'll check the BIOS version again and run the Foxconn Live Update get it updated if it's not since I don't see anywhere else to do it manually.
    you can use award winflash to flash the bios, thats what i use
    pm me your email address and ill email you the tool and the latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by dreagnon View Post
    950W Enermax Revolution85+ works fine with the Rev1.0 Board
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    TRUE black? never heard of it, could you post some pics?

and the killer NIC, did you ever try any of those linux apps they released for it? i heard you can reprogram the xilinx cpu to do other tasks than accelerating the network?
    I am still testing my PSU/board so it boots correctly since I have gotten all timing and voltages showing correctly. Often, but not always, I need to boot a second time from a shutdown for the board to post so it may just be something minor since there aren't issues during operation so I think PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 860 Watt technically works with the board, it may just be me or something technical outside of 'compatibility'. Will do more tests and post if there is an incomatiblity issue after all.

I apologize for off-topic, but to answer Saaya:
    TRUE Black (courtesy of Thermalright):

Killer NIC:
    I've used a few apps myself. Most common are having an external drive pugged into it to download massive files to that drive while running other network/online apps without slowing your bandwidth, setup your firewalls on the card so they don't slow down your OS, setup manual controls to say what apps can use how much bandwidth and VOIP. It is much like a mini Linux computer on the card, so it does use Linux command prompts that you can enter yourself.
    Last edited by Eidos; 02-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm interesting...
    and its not all that cheap... a physix cards cost the same or more and in the end turned out to be a pretty much useless gimmick

about the psu, there might be a compatibility problem if you have to reboot a second time everytime to power on the board...
    but if thats the only problem then thats not that bad at least
    ill add a note to that psu on the list, thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I got the unlit debug codes when I power on from a cold boot so I bet it's the caps needing more juice or something as the fans turn on, etc. and I boot fine after a second try. Warm boots work just fine as well. Wondering if it's the PSU, compatibility, or the BIOS? Not sure if unplugging/plug back in the BIOS will help or not (disconnected/connected the PSU already with no changes) or if a BIOS update would change anything. Most likely, it's just the PSU/Board combo and I don't know what else to do but get another PSU especially if nothing else will matter, just the booting twice inconvenience.
    Anyway, any insight is appreciated and may help me and others with the same issue as I've seen it a couple times on the forums now.

Corsair TX650W
    Foxconn Blood Rage rev 1.1 P11
    I7 920 C0@4.018 GHz
    Coolermaster HAF
    Coolermaster V8
    Mushkin Enhanced Redline 12 GB kit @1524
    eVGA 8800GT
    Corsair TX650W
    Kingston SNV425S264 64 GB SSD
    2xWD 500GB, 2xWD 1TB
    LG LH-20A1L

I'm using a Zalman ZM1000-HP.
    It works perfect!

Banned
    Corsair TX850 also works perfectly.

I am Addicted!
    Enermax Revolution 1050 been working great for me !, my ultra bit the dust, lol

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Tagan 700W does NOT work w/ the Bloodrage.

Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W work ok!

BFG EX1200 Thumbs up and Steady as she goes.....
    Solid Running 2 pumps, 2 285gtxs, 6GB ram, i7 920@ 4.2GHz, Boreas Cooler, 3 120 Fans, 2 92mm, 2 sets of Cathodes, 3HDs, 2 DVD roms.
    SOLID.

Hi, Antec True Power quattro 1000W It works perfect so far....
    Last edited by Orego; 07-19-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    No issues with my gigabyte Odin pro 1200, corsair 850tx, or enermax pro82+ 625.
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Worked very very nice with : Arctic Cooling Fusion 550R and Cougar CM 1000W.
    Dont work (no boot with this PSU) Xilence Linear Power XQ 1200W

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone know anything about XFX 750W?
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Technician
    Seasonic - will be fine .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12