Thread: XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog, freeze the OS

Question XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog, freeze the OS

I have a problem, when i am playing with this card, in the most of the cases it freeze and show the red lines in the game, for example, when i play COD4, first lagging, then show the arm in red, and then freeze the screen.

This pass me before i upgrade my PC, then when i installed in the new upgrade, i experiment this rare problem.

Could someone nows if are the temps or i have to user RivaTuner to increase the fans speed?

Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicle View Post
    I have a problem, when i am playing with this card, in the most of the cases it freeze and show the red lines in the game, for example, when i play COD4, first lagging, then show the arm in red, and then freeze the screen.

This pass me before i upgrade my PC, then when i installed in the new upgrade, i experiment this rare problem.

Could someone nows if are the temps or i have to user RivaTuner to increase the fans speed?

Thanks.
    O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....

Quote Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
    O_o

The problem is that, when i play with this card, the game freezes, and show me the red lines in the screen.

Xtreme Addict
    The problem is that, when i play with this card, the game freezes, and show me the red lines in the screen.
    Sounds like it's either overheating or needs to be rma'd.

Quote Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
    Sounds like it's either overheating or needs to be rma'd.
    Excuse me what's the meaning of rma'd?, if i increase with RivaTuner the speed of the fans, it could be better?

Xtreme Addict
    Excuse me what's the meaning of rma'd?, if i increase with RivaTuner the speed of the fans, it could be better?
    RMA means warrantied, replaced, sent back to XFX to be repaired.

If the artifacting is being caused by overheating then yes, increasing the fan speed will help. If the card is broken or dying, then it will need to be fixed, and changing the fan speed will do nothing.