Thread: I wont buy XFX again sorry.

Xtreme Member

I wont buy XFX again sorry.

So I have this old 6800gt that I need RMAed. Long story short my dad walked out on my mom and before he did he gave me the card for my backup pc. Anyways I don't talk to him anymore, Well xfx is denying my RMA because I can't come up with a valid receipt. So I told them my situation which btw they didn't give 2 craps. I registered the card and everything and emailed the support team to wait two weeks to say "Sorry we cannot help you"

I will only buy evga for now on. The double lifetime thing is bogus. I am the "Second owner" So I should have a lifetime imo. But w/e I just wont buy xfx again.
    Dragon Fighter

Intel Core I5 4670K haswell.
    Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87.
    2x8g G-Skill Ripjawz DDR3-2133.
    Powercolor AMD HD7950 boost.
    Creative R3C0N 3D.
    OCZ Fatality 1000w modular.
    Sandisk Extreme 256g SSD.
    OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD.
    Samsung 1TB F3.
    Corsair Carbide 300r.
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB17 View Post
    So I have this old 6800gt that I need RMAed. Long story short my dad walked out on my mom and before he did he gave me the card for my backup pc. Anyways I don't talk to him anymore, Well xfx is denying my RMA because I can't come up with a valid receipt. So I told them my situation which btw they didn't give 2 craps. I registered the card and everything and emailed the support team to wait two weeks to say "Sorry we cannot help you"

I will only buy evga for now on. The double lifetime thing is bogus. I am the "Second owner" So I should have a lifetime imo. But w/e I just wont buy xfx again.
    Dunno if there's a XFX rep on here, but I could try finding one on [H].

Here he is:
    http://www.hardforum.com/member.php?u=143946

Lol oops, this is the XFX sub forum after all.
    >> i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz | CM212Plus + P12 | P55-UD3R [BIOS F2] | 4GB G.Skill CL8 | Zotac GTX 580
    .: 4 x 1TB WD | Corsair TX750 | Lian Li PC-A70A | X-Fi | Logitech Z-2300

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i dont think they had the double lifetime thing back when the 6000 series was out. They had a step up i believe back then. Idk if it would be eligible or not
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Xtreme Member
    Honey, I don't mean this to be insulting so please don't take it that way but that card is very old. There's no reason they would take it back after such a long period of time especially since they didn't have that type of warranty back then. Even my 7600GT only has two years on it and it expired a long time ago. Not to mention that most companies won't take anything back without a valid receipt.

Its just part of the reality of the way the world works. And you can't really blame them when people are probably trying to swindle them left right and center right now due to the economy.

The company is just protecting itself.

Xtreme Member
    Despite how old it is. XFX claims to have a lifetime warranty. OK so the card is old but just because it is old doesn't make it right not to get repaired.
    Dragon Fighter

Creative R3C0N 3D.
    OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD.
    Samsung 1TB F3.
    Corsair Carbide 300r.
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

Admin
    What was the reason XFX support gave? Was the lifetime warranty in effect then?
    If you don't want to buy XFX any more that's your business but you need to have a leg to stand on before you come crashing down on XFX support.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    Why do they need the freaking RECEIPT for anyway. It's your privacy and they NEVER should make this as a warranty condition. This is just because MOST of the companies know that MOST people in the world DON'T save receipts! So no rma maintenance means more profits! Gotta love capitalism.
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moiraesfate View Post
    Honey, I don't mean this to be insulting so please don't take it that way but that card is very old. There's no reason they would take it back after such a long period of time especially since they didn't have that type of warranty back then. Even my 7600GT only has two years on it and it expired a long time ago. Not to mention that most companies won't take anything back without a valid receipt.

Its just part of the reality of the way the world works. And you can't really blame them when people are probably trying to swindle them left right and center right now due to the economy.

The company is just protecting itself.
    Common no lectures about the ways of the world,

I think there arr two questions ot be answered, because the 6000 series is covered.

To qualify, any 6 Series or greatrer Graphics Card purchased on or after April 17, 2007 must be registered within the first 30 days of purchase or the protection for the card will be limited to 1 year.

#1 was the card purchased before April 17, 2007 .
    #2 was the card registered withing the 30 day registration period.

What do I get?

Lifetime Warrantys
    Transferable Protection
    Modder Friendly
    Whats covered?
    All 6, 7, 8 and 9 series Graphics Cards are protected.

How do I get it?
    All you have to do is purchase an XFX Graphics Card and register the product within 30 days of purchase to activate your Lifetime Protection.

Here’s the deal: We will repair and service your 6, 7, 8 and 9 Series Graphics Card for as long
    as you live. Even for those of you who know how to push our cards to the limits, if anything goes wrong, we’ll service it free of charge. All you have to do is register the card with us online. If you ever decide to sell or give the card away to someone, we’ll still honor the protection plan for the second owner as well. They just need to register the card with us. You get the protection AND the added value of being able to pass along a full warranty.

Warranty Details

XFX is excited to announce another industry first: The XFX Double Lifetime Protection! Now you—and your card’s next owner—are both covered by the XFX “shield” of protection. Should something go wrong with your 6 Series or greater Graphics Card, and you’ve registered the card with us online, we’ll cover the cost of repair and service—absolutely free! And, should you sell or transfer ownership of the card, the same service applies to the next owner, as long as they register the card with us online.

Now, it’s all fairly simple, but here are the Double Lifetime Protection specifics:

The XFX Double Lifetime Protection goes into effect once the initial Owner (Owner #1) registers the product with us on www.xfxforce.com. At that time, XFX promises that the graphics card purchased (Product) will remain free from any defects in material or workmanship for the lifetime of the Product.
    A unique Registration ID will be issued for the Product upon confirmation of the registration.
    Products received by XFX must be in original condition and must be complete with all original components to be covered by the protection.
    To qualify, any 6 Series or greatrer Graphics Card purchased on or after April 17, 2007 must be registered within the first 30 days of purchase or the protection for the card will be limited to 1 year.
    To transfer protection to a second owner, the second owner will have to register the card with the same Registration ID originally issued to the card. The existing term of the Protection will also transfer to the second owner.**
    What the XFX Double Lifetime Protection covers:

The XFX Double Lifetime Protection covers only the repair of a 6 Series or greater Graphics Card. XFX will repair or replace the Product (no refunds). XFX makes no other warranty, express or implied. XFX is not responsible for loss, damage or shipping charges to our RMA Center.
    Additionally, XFX reserves the right to inspect and verify the defects of the Product(s) that are returned.

XFX's liability under the Double Lifetime Protection is limited to the repair, or, at XFX's discretion, the replacement of the portion(s) of the Product that are found to be defective in material or workmanship. XFX reserves the right to claim shipping fees as well as a service charge* for any incomplete or modified Product that is returned and that requires repair or replacement, or when the Owner is not entitled to any coverage under the XFX Double Lifetime Protection.

To request a Double Lifetime Protection repair, simply go to our Help Desk and fill out a Support Ticket.

This exclusive program is valid only to purchases made in North America (USA or Canada).

* Service charge is variable based upon actual material costs to repair or replace missing or modified parts to return them to original factory condition.
    ** See additional details on the XFX Product Registration Page.

Last edited by systemviper; 02-20-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

xtreme energy
    And what do you expect to get as replacement? They don't produce 6xxx cards anymore. They cost nothing today

Yep the registration for the warranty is what gets most people. Kinda like mail-in rebates.

Xtreme Member
    I just want the card fixed if possible. And It is registered. They just wont accept it because I cant come up with the invoice receipt.
    Dragon Fighter

Creative R3C0N 3D.
    OCZ Vertex 60gb SSD.
    Samsung 1TB F3.
    Corsair Carbide 300r.
    Phanteks PH-TC14PE.

Dave's Mentor!
    thats bogus
    supposedly my xfx 6600gt is covered
    i guess i'll find out if it ever dies
    but lookin at this thread i see xfx not honoring no warranty

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    Common no lectures about the ways of the world,

I think there arr two questions ot be answered, because the 6000 series is covered.

#1 was the card purchased before April 17, 2007 .
    #2 was the card registered withing the 30 day registration period.
    Are you sure that the card was registered within 30 days of the initial purchase wayyy back in 2005 ??

i was under the impression that he just now registered it when he found out he had a problem with it.

Besides. XFX would not have a replacement for it.. more than likely they would send you whatever they have.. like a 7000 series or maybe even 8000.. But before they give you a better card that cost them money they want you to prove you meed the requirements of their obligation.
    Last edited by jasonelmore; 02-20-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Dave's Mentor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
    Are you sure that the card was registered within 30 days of the initial purchase wayyy back in 2005 ??

i was under the impression that he just now registered it when he found out he had a problem with it.

Besides. XFX would not have a replacement for it.. more than likely they would send you whatever they have.. like a 7000 series or maybe even 8000.. But before they give you a better card that cost them money they want you to prove you meed the requirements of their obligation.
    i already asked the xfx rep if i needed to register my cards
    by the answer i got it was not important
    so this it total bs by the part of xfx chris should get an rma

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme Member
    I generally don't get the entire receipt thing,

I mean even if the thing has passed from 15 different hands why not cover it? It is still a card manufactured by the company.

What's the difference if i sell it to someone or if the guy bought it from a shop other than most probably i'd sell it cheaper?

at the end of the day it was manufactured by the company right???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I fear naught, I hope naught. I am Free"
    Nikos Kazantzakis

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin2 View Post
    parents only blame stuff on video games because they don't know how to play them

Xtreme Enthusiast

badd

Its just a easy out for the company, cop out, samething happens with those so called rebates, alot of the time you never get them, or they say its late, something to get out of it.
    MSI 790FX GD-70
    965 BE C3
    4Gigs Corsair GTS 2000 Cas 8
    Noctua U12P Push Pull

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masxerofkartis View Post
    What's the difference if i sell it to someone or if the guy bought it from a shop other than most probably i'd sell it cheaper?

at the end of the day it was manufactured by the company right???
    It's because they'd rather you buy a new one and more money goes to them.

Xtreme Addict

I doubt your card was purchased after April of 2007, therefore it is not covered under the lifetime warranty.

They did not offer a lifetime warranty when you purchased that card and thus it came with the industry standad 1yr warranty.

Sorry dude, but this is an open and shut case of you not understanding the requirements for warranty coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....