Xtreme Mentor

SlySoft defeats Blu-ray's BD+ DRM scheme again

For Immediate Release

Antigua, West Indies - December, 29th 2008

SlySoft defeats Blu-ray's BD+ DRM scheme again

Despite some sites reporting that "SlySoft has been beaten", the
    Antiguan company renowned for promoting Fair Use Rights has effectively
    defeated BD+ once again and much earlier than expected; the cat and
    mouse game of DRM has entered the next round.

Although newer BD+ decryption wasn't expected until February 2009,
    today's AnyDVD HD 6.5.0.2 release decrypts copy protection on all
    current Blu-ray movies and, in turn, ensures that consumers may continue
    to backup and enjoy their Blu-ray movie purchases even when using
    computer monitors that are not HDCP compliant. In fact, AnyDVD HD
    remains the only program that can decrypt all commercial Blu-ray
    releases, and this incredible magic is, as per usual with AnyDVD HD,
    performed on the fly without requiring users to rip first to their hard
    drives.

The following is a selection of current Blu-ray releases supported by
    AnyDVD HD:

Futurama: Bender's Game (U.S.)
    Firefly, The Complete Series (U.S.)
    Planet of the Apes (1968 ) (U.S.)
    Predator 2 (1990)
    Shine a Light (U.K)
    Planet of the Apes (the series), U.S.
    Space Chimps, USA
    Meet Dave, USA
    X-Files 2
    X-Files 1
    Home Alone
    The Day The Earth Stood Still: Special Edition
    Jingle All The Way
    Super Troopers
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
    Horton hears a Who
    French Connection I & II (UK)
    In the Name of the King (US)
    Vanishing Point (Germany)
    Babylon A.D.
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24602

Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned
    Good.

This will help me heaps in 12 months time when I break out the eye patch, wooden leg and parrot.

I am Xtreme
    I wonder if some still believe that BD+ can never be broken?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    You know why they released it that press release today right - they are going away from the free updates for life structure and going to a subscription based pricing structure now and they want to get those people (like me) who are on the verge of buying to buy before the new year (as they have a discount and you get the free updates for life)... Oh what to do what to do...

Xtreme Addict
    I think they still have free updates for life on the pirate bay.
    E8400 @ 3600mhz
    4870 @ 790/1100
    2x2GB DDR2

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptobs2000 View Post
    There's a poetic justice to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    x30
    And they should know it
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Xtreme Addict
    Yay! Free updates for life? I'm still using a super old version of Clone CD!!!
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    arrgh, thy maties did it again

only days now for the total exploit
    system:

Phenom II 920 3.5Ghz @ 1.4v, benchstable @ over 3,6Ghz (didnt test higher)
    xigmatek achilles
    sapphire hd4870 1gb @ 820 1020
    Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
    8gb a-data 4-4-4-12 800
    x-fi xtrememusic
    rip 2x 160gb maxtor(now that adds up to 4...)
    320gb/250gb/500gb samsung

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochenp View Post
    x30
    And they should know it
    They do know it lol. They still make enough money with the current sales they aren't like other companies who say every pirated copy is a lost sale.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Mwahahahahahaaaaa!!! Arrrr M8ties! Tis Be Clear Sailin On Te Open Seas!

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    AnyDVD is good i use it. means i can rip my blu-ray (convert it if needed) store it on my server and play it sitting on my laptop or stream it to a HTPC. I find it a very useful program.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post
    They do know it lol. They still make enough money with the current sales they aren't like other companies who say every pirated copy is a lost sale.
    So why do they use copy protection with their software?
    Last edited by Speederlander; 12-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    I love it. This is outstanding. I especially like it that they have busted one of Sony's schemes. That company tries to swindle people out of every dime they can. It's oustanding that dev's like this stop them.

When I buy something I expect to use it, on any machine, and be able to back it up. When you buy these movies they can get expensive, and if anything happens to the disk Sony expects people to buy a new one. That ain't gonna happen with me. I'm gonna buy once, back it up and keep it, and there won't be any of that limited use BS either.

I'm on the ragged edge of boycotting Sony and Blacklisting them anyway after that rootkit stunt they pulled. They do have some nice technology, but it's not gonna survive if they keep it up. People are really sick of this crap.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    More good news from Slysoft. I love these guys.

I bought AnyDvd. It's reasonably priced and is a good value. Wish I could say the same about the operating system i'm running. It's not reasonably priced and is not a good value. Therefore..... ya know.
    i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.32v(+.010 offset LLC set to 4) / ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) / 2x4gb Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D @ 1866mhz 1.35v / AMD HD 6850 1gb /2x150gb Velociraptor Raid 0 + 500gb WD Green / Corsair TX 750watt V2

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    It costs as much as Windows. Maybe more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Mentor
    I love it. The best part is how they cracked it before its expected arrival in February. Can someone explain that to me? Awesome either way.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Addict
    So why do they use copy protection with their software?
    lol.... yea. Seriously? Ok, let me try and answer that politely.

The copy protection that they offer is a standard application only registration. You get a registration file that you just open and it registers the application. It also does randomly connect to Slysoft to confirm registrations. The copy protection is tied to the AnyDVD only.

They might not be into the whole "Piracy is the end of the world" thing but they are not stupid.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Mentor
    lol.... yea. Seriously? Ok, let me try and answer that politely.

The copy protection that they offer is a standard application only registration. You get a registration file that you just open and it registers the application. It also does randomly connect to Slysoft to confirm registrations. The copy protection is tied to the AnyDVD only.

They might not be into the whole "Piracy is the end of the world" thing but they are not stupid.
    Yes, seriously. A common argument against copy protection of any sort and DRM is it's cracked 30 seconds after its released. Making it nonsense to implement in the first place, yes? At least according to what is so often given as a reason against using it. Further, if piracy has no impact on sales, why bother with copy protection of any sort? What would make not having copy protection "stupid"? This last question is critical. Are you saying they would lose money without copy protection?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptobs2000 View Post
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Yes, seriously. A common argument against copy protection of any sort and DRM is it's cracked 30 seconds after its released. Making it nonsense to implement in the first place, yes? At least according to what is so often given as a reason against using it. Further, if piracy has no impact on sales, why bother with copy protection of any sort? What would make not having copy protection "stupid"? This last question is critical. Are you saying they would lose money without copy protection?
    .... Is that all you got from all those piracy vs DRM topics? I mean really???

DRM is fine as long as it only protects the application that it comes with and that it does NOT limit the customer, key word there, customer in any way.

If DRM was seamless and unnoticeable to most people then none would have a problem with it. DRM like SecurROM and BD+ do get in the way. None likes to be treated as a kid or a criminal. DRM schemes like those do both of those things with a smile on their face telling you its better for everyone that way, and then they also charge you for it.

That is the reason people get mad at DRM not because its pointless since it will get cracked soon as it comes out.

Xtreme Mentor
    .... Is that all you got from all those piracy vs DRM topics? I mean really???
    No, not at all. I'm using some common claims in response to your comments.

DRM is fine as long as it only protects the application that it comes with and that it does NOT limit the customer, key word there, customer in any way.

If DRM was seamless and unnoticeable to most people then none would have a problem with it. DRM like SecurROM and BD+ do get in the way. None likes to be treated as a kid or a criminal. DRM schemes like those do both of those things with a smile on their face telling you its better for everyone that way, and then they also charge you for it.

That is the reason people get mad at DRM not because its pointless since it will get cracked soon as it comes out.
    So you think non-invasive copy protection is a good thing, yes? And that it helps sales by preventing piracy? And by extension that preventing piracy is a good and necessary thing to do for a software company, yes?
    Last edited by Speederlander; 12-30-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
    It costs as much as Windows. Maybe more.
    Nope. AnyDVD + HD option is approx 90 USD. OEM copy of Windows XP pro is 100+.

edit: OK I found a copy of xp pro for 90 bucks.
    Last edited by GripS; 12-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.32v(+.010 offset LLC set to 4) / ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) / 2x4gb Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D @ 1866mhz 1.35v / AMD HD 6850 1gb /2x150gb Velociraptor Raid 0 + 500gb WD Green / Corsair TX 750watt V2

Xtreme Addict
    So that means I can view Blu-ray movies on my Dell 2405FPW via DVI (monitor that does not have HDMI or HDCP) using AnyDVD HD on the fly?!? Just launch the program, insert the movie disc, and watch it, that easy?!?

--two awesome rigs, wildly customized with
    5.1 Sony speakers, Stereo 3D, UV Tourmaline Confexia, Flame Bl00dr4g3 Fatal1ty
    --SONY GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, overclocked to:
    2560x1600 resolution at 68Hz!(from 2304x1440@80Hz)

Updated List of Video Card GPU Voodoopower Ratings!!!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    So that means I can view Blu-ray movies on my Dell 2405FPW via DVI (monitor that does not have HDMI or HDCP) using AnyDVD HD on the fly?!? Just launch the program, insert the movie disc, and watch it, that easy?!?
    You'll need a program that plays the movies as well. AnyDVD HD only cracks protection and detours HDCP.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast