Thread: First time liquid cooling, need some help!

Xtreme Enthusiast

First time liquid cooling, need some help!

Ok, so this if my first time liquid cooling, and before i order my parts id like to know if what im doing is ok, and get some opinions from the more experienced liquid coolers here

so, my computer is running air cooled in an antec 900, my current spec is:

Abit ip 35 pro, intel q660, 6gb domiantor, 2x 10k rpm hdd's, cd/dvd drive, 650w PSU, and a 4870x2.

so, here is what i need help with. im gunna get a tj07 case and mount 2 radiators in it, a daul up front where the hard drives are, and a second radiator, this one a tripple down in the bottom of the case, with the PSU, res/pump.
    i need to know if its ok to have the q660 and 4870x2 in the same loop, i was thinking about putting it in this order:

tripple radiator feeding the 4870x2, then going into the dual radiator, then to the q660 cpu, then to the pump, and back round to the tripple radiator.

i hope people can follow what i mean, if not just ask and ill try explain a little more, any comments will be welcomed and very much appreciated. im open to doing anything with this case, i have a resonably high budget, please bare in mind ive never liquid cooled before, so the more help the better

many thanks,

exe

Xtreme Member
    Should be fine. Loop order doesn't really matter tho. Try to route it so you're using a minimal amount of tubing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i was also wondering if it is possible to mount a dual radiator, using the two 120mm fans at the top, without too much modding??
    thanks