Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radnom Freezes /BSOD =(

Xtreme Member
    I have a similar problem as you Akrian, save I never get a blue screen, my system just hangs at random points in time mostly during idle though, has happened a few times during games though. One thing different than what I read in your posts (which are kinda hard to go through, no formating in them...) is my usb mouse loses power (only usb device). I know it isn't my video as the card runs perfect in any other system as well as your's, I know it's not my overclock as it hasn't changed since day one and does it at stock settings plus does it with my other 3 chips, I know it's not bios as I replaced both chips in order to fix another problem (some what fix it at least), not the ram nor slots as same problems with no matter what ram or how much/little or slot I put them in, it boils down to me believing my board is dying. Problem is with it dying I have no way to RMA it, so gotta live it locking up until AM3 is released.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    turning off aero? sounds like a weird driver error...
    disabling catalyst ai... also weird

at lower fsb speeds the chipset and vga and cpu and mem are all getting pounded less hard, so its hard to tell whats causing the problems from that oversvation alone, although it could point towards the chipset... is everything 3d unstable or only 1 or 2 games? if its the latter, and its recent games, then its more likely that its a vga or vga driver problem in my experience...

saxile, what are your chipset temperatures?
    is the memory stable? if you get freezes in idle and load thats usually memory failing in my experience.
    could be board or psu as well... or a driver/os problem.
    so the board freezes and then the usb mouse is dead too?
    hmmm could be a psu 5v standby problem actually...
    Last edited by saaya; 02-11-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    turning off aero? sounds like a weird driver error...
    disabling catalyst ai... also weird

at lower fsb speeds the chipset and vga and cpu and mem are all getting pounded less hard, so its hard to tell whats causing the problems from that oversvation alone, although it could point towards the chipset... is everything 3d unstable or only 1 or 2 games? if its the latter, and its recent games, then its more likely that its a vga or vga driver problem in my experience...

is the memory stable? if you get freezes in idle and load thats usually memory failing in my experience.
    Well yesterday I tried to use stock speeds for GTA 4 , and played almost an hour without any crash ( that like my new record =) ) then I died , and got bored , and turned off that thing , I'll try today again with other games , at stock , to see what will happen .
    Then I tried lowered voltages on NB with 439 strap ( where I had more or less table 1H of gameplay with conan) - got looping sound and everything in just 15 min
    Then I tried normal voltages I used with 439 fsb , and 1T on my RAM ... and got BSOD "file posted in non file area" ( if I'm not mistaken it somthing to do with memory ) in 2H of gameplay .....then I checked my bios setting and found out that I used 1T for "TRRD" inseatd of CR .
    So today I will go with 2T and fine out how things will be going , and try conan at stock speed as well as F.E.A.R. 2 ....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    NB temps never break out of 40's (watercooled) Memory is rock solid, does it with 3 different sets that are error free and work perfect in my other boards. Also does it with 3 solid PSUs, FSP, corsair, and seasonic. Also does it with fresh windows installs (about 6 of em to be honest lol), kinda at a lose myself here, has to be my board trying to croak on me, also have tested volts with a dmm and all volts have no flux with the seasonic. It does it under load too, just my system is idle more than loaded.
    Last edited by saxile; 02-11-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Xtreme Member
    BTW when I use stock settings , even thought the mobo shows that NB has 1.25V set , SpeedFan , CPU-Z , Aegis shows 1.54 0-o

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saxile View Post
    NB temps never break out of 40's (watercooled) Memory is rock solid, does it with 3 different sets that are error free and work perfect in my other boards. Also does it with 3 solid PSUs, FSP, corsair, and seasonic. Also does it with fresh windows installs (about 6 of em to be honest lol), kinda at a lose myself here, has to be my board trying to croak on me, also have tested volts with a dmm and all volts have no flux with the seasonic. It does it under load too, just my system is idle more than loaded.
    I had usb mouse going off couple of times , but that was during really BAD OC . Does it happen on stock settings as well ?

Xtreme Member
    ayup, across every item tested as well. Also the num lock light stays lit on my psu keyboard but won't cycle off nor will other locks cycle on if that helps any.
    Last edited by saxile; 02-11-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saxile View Post
    ayup, across every item tested as well. Also the num lock light stays lit on my psu keyboard but won't cycle off nor will other locks cycle on if that helps any.
    Will it be on , even when you turned it of before PC froze ?
    I had same thing , and again it was due bad OC .... X_X - unresponsive num lock .

if it will turn out to be ram - I'll replace it or loosen timings , but if it will be voltage issue , do I need to wory about anything else besieds t* on NB if I am to raise it to 1.65 ? ( At the moment it's on 1.56 which is real 1.6 ) I've already done 1.65 once , and temperature wise it was fine , maybe 1-2 degrees hoter , but nothing critical .
    Also does SB affects OC ? and if so what do you recommend on putting ( currentely at stcok 1.5 V)
    Last edited by Akrian; 02-11-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I know it isn't a power issue, o/c issue, video issue, ram issue on my end as I can run the occt power stess tool (stresses cpu, gpu, ram all together with linpack on cpu and ram and occt custom stress on gpu) for over 48 hours without any issues, heat or stability wise. So I'm pretty clueless on my board, just deal with hitting the reset button and reloading windows I guess.

Xtreme Member
    I can do it too ( tests I mean ) , but when it comes to games - i got freezes =)))) .

Xtreme Member
    one main difference in my problem and yours is mine just freezes, if there was sound it stops, screen isn't distorted just the exact same as it was. Pretty much like a screen shot of what it was doing, sometimes it does it in minutes, some times weeks. Only my blackops does it, my asus and gigabyte are just fine with same gear same settings, same os install same everything.

Xtreme Member
    Update :
    tested today with AoC and FEAR 2 , all settings maxed out .
    FSB - 438 .
    Conan - 2h 15m of pure gameplay , with raiding dungeons - no issues , no freezes
    FEAR 2 - 1h of gameplay - no issues , no freezes .
    Next test : 439 fsb .
    Ram settings : 6-6-6-12 2T PL6

Xtreme Member
    441 fsb
    6-6-6-12 1t PL 2 test -
    after 1h 15 min og fear 2 I got BSOD with " a system encountered uncontrolable hardware error" 0_o
    ******UPDATE******
    increased voltages on ram , CPU , and added +5 on NB GTL instead of +3 , changed timing to 6-6-6-15 .... got 2h stable in F.E.A.R. 2 , and no hangups =)
    ****** Update 2 *******
    just received BSOD " <somthing> ( dont remember what) was not received in allocated time" in AOC =( .
    Last edited by Akrian; 02-12-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Xtreme Member
    444 , PL 8 6-6-6-18 1T , froze in 1H of fear 2 =( .
    Well at least now I don't get 15min freezes . Any ideas how to stabalize it completely ? ( thinking on dowing 2T , but then ram goes REALLY slow - 9400-9500 in everest mem test reading =(

Xtreme Member
    ok, Done FC2 testis today :
    at 441 first test - 30 loops of small ranch benchmrak ( 45 min) - passted all of it everything maxed out as far as I can .
    then right away 20 loops in longest bench . It was going through loop number 9 ( 45min) when benchmark stoped , I got error from bench tool , then scrren when to sleep mode . But it didnt freeze or bsod , and as soon as I shook my mosue it went back . I'm going to try 2h of benching tomorrow ( after disabeling shuting down screen after 20 min ( I had it on , so I gues it relates somehow , since I didn't get any error for ATI ) , also I wil raise fan speed on vid. card.
    With little bit of luck , and help from computer gods I will be able to stablise my 441 fsb for gaming ( didn't try GTA 4 thogh yet X_X ) .
    Also yesterday I started to get crazy sound first second or two when I power on computer , I thought that it was somting touching the fans , well it didnt, then I went with crazy thought of mobo getting killed. but today it seems when you're sitting in the right angle , you can hear it from DVD-ROM ... getting the fact that I had problems securom checking my CD's recentely It's reasonbale to belive that it's my DVD-rom =)
    ( though it doesnt do it from the fresh start hmmm , but it's defenetely not an electric sound
    P.S. Saaya btw thing that helped me was your "hail voltage " frase =) . It's NB that can't handle the heavy load when I got to gaming , since vid. card also edding pressure on it .
    + ram timings ... .thoguh I can't get 447 ( 3.8ghz) no matter what ... even if I put PL8 . with 1.6NB still freezing
    Last edited by Akrian; 02-15-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Xtreme Member
    yeah, I've found the blackops to love nb volts for some odd reason, I have to pump 1.67 thru it when I'm hitting the 500fsb range, although for 480ish range 1.45 handles it just fine

Xtreme Member
    well not for quad cores X_X .

Xtreme Member
    does for mine, q6600 at 480x8

Xtreme Member
    hmm mine Q9550 goes way up to 450 if you give him some juice , but powerhungery 4870x2 ruins all the party so 1.6V ( actual ) for 441 X_X

Xtreme Member
    OK . I'm pissed : 442 fsb : 9 loops in Far Cry 2 long ranch test - no issues , Conan- No issues , Dark Sector - no issues , GTA 4 - 10 min - looping sound GRrrrrr . Well I'm going back to 441 to test it on GTa 4 as well ( doesn't freez in FEAR 2, COnan , Far Cry 2 , Stalker Clear Sky )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12