Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BloodRage Issues / BIOS Bugs Thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Skipped
    Must have been really bad!
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!
    CPU Loop: MCP-655~Swiftech MCR-220~HEATKILLER® 3.0 LT
    GPU Loop: MCP-655~XSPC RS240~EK FC5870 Plexi+Nickel

Xtreme X.I.P.
    G18 too
    well not realy bad, just not worth to release if A is fixed but somehow B is broken...

good to hear cas7 is working fine now

Xtreme Member
    With tha latest i can set my ram timmings just perfect

but the annoying thing with RAID enabled and cant boot from sata dvd-rom is still there.

Anything about that?
    For me its a major problem.

With PATA dvd-rom i can boot just fine.

Maybe the problem is that the bios sets the dvd-rom as achi

I finally got my account working.Looks like an awesome place to share in the fun.I got the g19 bios .Thanks saaya.The only issue I am having is a slow cold boot.My system powers on and fans start to spin then it stops,spins up again then boots.This happens with or without overclocking.System runs perfect after it boots up.On bios g16 I dont have this issue.My rev no is 1.0.One more thing same issue when I swap psu for Toughpower 1200.This is gonna be a great board.I have allready gotten a stable clock of 4.4ghz and semi stable at 4.5.
    Thermaltake Armor+
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    i7 965
    Gskill 2000 7 8 7 2000
    Evga gtx295 quad sli
    Custom watercooled
    Ultra 1600w psu
    Velocirapror 300
    Vista64

latest vantage 43200

Quote Originally Posted by rwoodburn1 View Post
    I finally got my account working.Looks like an awesome place to share in the fun.I got the g19 bios .Thanks saaya.The only issue I am having is a slow cold boot.My system powers on and fans start to spin then it stops,spins up again then boots.This happens with or without overclocking.System runs perfect after it boots up.On bios g16 I dont have this issue.My rev no is 1.0.One more thing same issue when I swap psu for Toughpower 1200.This is gonna be a great board.I have allready gotten a stable clock of 4.4ghz and semi stable at 4.5.
    I get that on G13 as well.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverClocker_gr View Post

but the annoying thing with RAID enabled and cant boot from sata dvd-rom is still there.

Anything about that?

is it the same for using the marvell and the ich10 sata connectors?
    just use the other sata slots and try.
    for us it works fine, we can boot from vista dvd on a sata optical drive in raid mode and install vista on a raid array...

Quote Originally Posted by rwoodburn1 View Post
    damn thats nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    I get that on G13 as well.
    about the cold boot psu thing, that might be a small psu compatibility problem, the voltages go up too slow at first boot and the caps need to load first. warmboots work fine, right?

ill add a note to the psu compatibility list

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    for us it works fine, we can boot from vista dvd on a sata optical drive in raid mode and install vista on a raid array...
    I have faced that issue as well on G13.
    I had a RAID 0 array consisting of 3 Samsung F1 1TB drives and a Optiarc 7191S SATA Optical Drive ( all on the Intel ICH10R ).
    It worked fine just like that, booting from the optical drive, installing Windows, etc.

When I plugged in another F1 1TB disk ( single drive, not added to the RAID array ) I couldn't boot from the optical drive just like OverClocker_gr.
    I unplugged the 4th F1 1TB and it booted fine from the optical drive and then I hot-plugged the 4th HDD

Can't tell what exactly causes this issue, at least not yet.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm could you please check wich sata slots you are using bill and oc_gr?
    i have a feeling it might have to do with the sata slots your using, some may work and some may cause problems when raid is active.
    i remember there was something like this on nvidia chipsets, some sata ports could only work in ahci mode or something...
    does anybody else remember that?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I tried plugging the 4th HDD and the optiarc on all 3 remaining ports back then if I recall correctly, with the same outcome ( couldn't boot from the optical drive without removing the 4th Samsung F1 1TB ).
    I will try that again later on just to make sure.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    This was the key point.

I find what was causing that.

If i put first the raid(i.e slots 1/2) and the dvd rom(3-6), its unable to boot.

If i put first the dvd rom(slot 1) and then the raid(2/3,3/4....), it boots from dvd rom.

Although this is still not right.

Quote Originally Posted by OverClocker_gr View Post

Anything about that?

You're not alone OverClocker, I am having the same extensive problems you are beyond what Touge and BenchZ had.
    I have taken many crazy mad steps and the room is just spinning. I have been at this for days.

I am going to try moving the ports around like Saaya suggests and you have found a little relief doing, but it is truly last ditch effort.

I am trying to stripe 2 velociraptors, but not for the OS. I am putting the OS on an OCZ Apex and it doesn't matter if I try to install on Apex or unplug it and install on velociraptors. AHCI worked fine in the past loading the OS on a single velociraptor, but of course for SSD, it is a no go. Everything works find in IDE.

I have followed every other posted step and a few of my own creations that have got me close, but no cheerleader. I have never had to dance like this for raid.

If port swapping doesn't work, I may just tell everyone everything I tried.

Oh ya, P03 and G13.

UPDATE to POST: Port swapping worked. I have to have the optical in the first physical SATA port while in RAID mode or I will never be able to boot from the optical drive.
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Update

Xtreme Member
    Hello RayderR6 and OverClocker_gr
    This one seems ODD but do u both Set:

Over Integrated Peripherals > OnChip IDE Device

SATA Mode = RAID
    OnBoard IDE and eSata Chip = AHCI + IDE Mode

If not, do it and check too uor Removable/CD-ROM Boot Device Priority on Advanced BIOS Features.

Best regards
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-19-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:
    FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage Rev.1.1 Bios P11

Quote Originally Posted by xXlAinXx View Post
    Hello RayderR6 and OverClocker_gr
    This one seems ODD but do u both Set:

Over Integrated Peripherals > OnChip IDE Device

SATA Mode = RAID
    OnBoard IDE and eSata Chip = AHCI + IDE Mode

If not, do it and check too uor Removable/CD-ROM Boot Device Priority on Advanced BIOS Features.

Best regards
    Hello xX1AinXx, I'm using G13 today.

UPDATE and Edited Original POST: I can confirm on my system if I set the Jmicron IDE and eSata to RAID+IDE or AHCI+IDE, the following errors occur (these do not happen if set to IDE or Disabled).

1) During post there will be 2 repeat lines which are a brighter white and sit on top of normal post text stating "WARNING: Have Option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID: 197Bh, Device ID: 2363h)"

2) When I get to the point of a Vista installation where you select the HDD to install on, the following 2 errors occur and it doesn't matter if it's raid volume or ssd or even if the ssd is hooked up (i.e. raid volume platters only):
    A) "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."
    B) "This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."

It has occured to me that Jmicron drivers need to be installed, but I'm not sure as I did not try (ICH10R x64 drivers didn't make a difference). If the Jmicron drivers needed to be installed then this isn't the way I want to go anyway.

With the Jmicron in IDE or Disabled, my ICH10R volumes worked just fine after Vista was loaded anyway, so I didn't spend anymore time with this.
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Still no cheerleader...

Moderator, please delete this post. Thank you
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Xtreme Member

Quick Raid Setup

Well then, my mistake! I pointed to the manual, please follow these photo.

Quick Raid Setup

Requirements:

One already Active RAID Array. ( CTRL-I at boot Time, for enter on Intel Storage Manager Configuration ROM )
    If uor target is installing uor Main OS on this newly created Array, then u need some spare time to fresh install our OS. - see *

Note * U cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI, even some time APIC Mode once u installed uor OS.
    Note2 * Some SSD will wont work if AHCI is enable see uor SSD Manufacturer FAQ.
    Note3 * Check on uor Manufacturer device FAQ if uor peripheral are able to support AHCI otherwise use IDE.

1- Move on Integrated Peripherals.

2 - Select OnChip IDE Device.

3 - Leave those setting in:

Intel ICH10 SATA Mode = RAID
    Jmicron 363 PATA and eSATA = AHCI + IDE Mode

(if u dont mind to using SAS - Disable it as well )

4 - Now, move to Boot Setting Configuration.

5 - As follow open AHCI Configuration.

6 - Make uor Setting in:

Stagger Spinup Support = Disable
    Mechanical Presence Switch = Disable
    Hotplug capable port = Enable
    Cold Presence Detection = Disable

7 - Go for HDD Boot Priority.

8 - Double check uor Primary Boot Device.

9 - Move on CD-ROM Boot Priority.

10 - Select uor CD-ROM Boot Device.

11 - Save and Exit.

12 - Let us know if u got it working
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-24-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Mea Culpa
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:

Roger all that Room 101 xXIAinXx.
    #6 stuff was Room 102 to me, but that is how it is setup when I run it.
    Thanks for being thorough with you advice.

UPDATE to POST: see post #138
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Xtreme Member
    xXlAinXx,
    Very clear raid guide. Nice work
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Moderator, please delete this post. Thank you
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, I cannot test out SSD SATA right now, all I have is a 9in1 reader ( USB ) and spare SSD from the cam
    By the way, u should try G19a and and see if it might fix some SSD compatibily issue BenchZowner Repository.
    Edit* As Saaya said, u cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI even APIC Mode once u installed uor OS.
    Take a look over there too and check uor PM.
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 02-19-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    xXlAinXx,
    Very clear raid guide. Nice work
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:

Hmm, I cannot test out SSD SATA right now, all I have is a 9in1 reader ( USB ) and spare SSD from the cam
    By the way, u should try G19a and and see if it might fix some SSD compatibily issue BenchZowner Repository.
    Take a look over there too and check uor PM.
    Big thanks for the G19a link, Bench must be working hard

Trust me, I've been all over the OCZ forum and I'm very up to date on setup and ssd tweaks, but like I said in the PM I just sent and a previous post, I have taken the SSD out of the raid setup equation many times, we can't get locked into thinking my raid issue is ssd related only. I'll update this thread and if my issue gets resolved, I can trim it all down to the solution.

The reason I started posting on this thread is OverClocker was still feeling my pain. While others have cleared their hurdles, he and I are still stumbling. Hopefully we can both resolve this, but if it comes down to all options exhausted, I'll just stay in IDE or maybe try a hardware card.

Thanks
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Edit* As Saaya said, u cannot change through IDE RAID AHCI even APIC Mode one u installed uor OS
    Fair enough, and at no time did I really expect it to, I only figured that was the reason for the BSOD. The system ignored my vista boot dvd when I wanted to load a fresh install, instead it started loading an installed windows (i.e. the one that was on the SSD under IDE mode), but since I am now under RAID mode, presto BSOD.

When going into raid mode, I always expected and planned on installing a fresh vista, but I would either get Disk Boot Failure, blah, blah or it would just skip/ignore my boot from dvd rom first and start loading the IDE vista off the SSD.

I remember now I actually confirmed the behavior (at least in my mind) that it was ignoring the dvd boot, by formatting the ssd and then after the pool data I would get BootMgr missing since this time there was no vista on a hdd. Got this without the ssd when it checked the first hdd where no os was loaded.

The problems I am having (in RAID mode) are getting the vista dvd to boot or when I have been able to do that, getting the vista installed without a installation ending error. It doesn't matter if it's just 2 velociraptors and a dvd-rom or any bigger combination than that.

Before it's suggested, I have tried different dvd-roms.

The next step is back to 2 velociraptors and dvd-rom only with the dvd-rom in port 1, if the dvd fails to boot or if it does boot and the installation fails, then I can honestly say I've tried everything in the book and can only hope it can be resolved by a BIOS update.

UPDATE to POST: DVD-ROM in SATA port 1 before any HDD's was the cure for my installation issues in RAID mode.
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.

I've been to hell and back, brought gifts...

Good News, for the most part. When I get to work tonight, I will self moderate previous posts so people eyes don't bleed too much reading useless text , I will also discuss what I feel (as a user level guy) might be a BIOS/SSD problem in RAID mode with pics of BIOS.

I can load vista on a 2 velociraptor RAID with DVD-rom only (likely would work with my backup drive also since it spins), the absolute sole difference between my couple attempts in the past (with no ssd) and this time is the dvd-rom was in sata port 1 and not after the velociraptors. If I had thought of or read that early enough, I could have saved about 15 installation attempts and about 5 image restores . I loaded the vista and did all the driver and utilities I would want off the bloodrage dvd, but didn't go any farther with that installation. All was working well though.

xXlAinXx, for me the Jmicron IDE and eSata has to be IDE or disabled and I will explain that tonight also. UPDATE: Please see post #138

My 2 error free choices right now are 1) stripe vista on 2 Vr's with no SSD (or at least not using the SSD effectively for cost) or 2) vista on SSD and run in IDE (currently what I'm doing now)

A non-error free, but workable (not liked) solution is load vista on SSD in RAID mode and have 2 Vr's striped for data (which is the configuration I want), but here's the kicker, I have to leave the vista dvd in the optical drive and have the optical as first boot device. Wierd, I know, but it is the only acceptable way it will boot without a BootMgr missing error. Yes, by saying "acceptable", there was another way, but Billy boy Gates wouldn't like it

Full details tonight. Thanks.
    Last edited by RayderR6; 02-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    New "stable" ( P series ) BIOS from Foxconn.
    Click here to download the P04 BIOS for the Foxconn BloodRage

Quote Originally Posted by RayderR6 View Post
    A non-error free, but workable (not liked) solution is load vista on SSD in RAID mode and have 2 Vr's striped for data (which is the configuration I want), but here's the kicker, I have to leave the vista dvd in the optical drive and have the optical as first boot device. Wierd, I know, but it is the only acceptable way it will boot without a BootMgr missing error. Yes, by saying "acceptable", there was another way, but Billy boy Gates wouldn't like it

Full details tonight. Thanks.
    I had solved in this way:
    into bios set as RAID
    I plugged ssd g.skill on port sata0
    I plugged dvd / cdrom on port sata5
    i have installed vista (but works also XP) and then i have installed the "Intel RAID Driver" in OS, then i connected to port SATA1 and SATA2 my two Velociraptors ....
    So does everything works.

Now instead I have two raid's:
    one) sata0 and sata1 (two ssd g.skill)
    two) sata2 and sata3 (two velociraptor)
    and on sata5 my dvd / cdrom.....only problem that I can not boot directly from the dvd / cdrom!

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    New "stable" ( P series ) BIOS from Foxconn.
    Click here to download the P04 BIOS for the Foxconn BloodRage
    omg
    are afraid that this bios does not go well.
    I have the g13 and it should be fine. you advice me to change it?
    What improvements are there?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast