Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BloodRage Issues / BIOS Bugs Thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Tremble I'll give ya a working set later on that you can try

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Xtreme Member
    Hmmm....im a jerk lol. Think my a** should of gotten 1333 or lower ram instead of 1600mhz. Would explain my oc issues with the ram. Duh. smh. Still would appreciate those settings when U get a chance, Bench. Thanks again.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    @Trembledust:
    The settings are posted here
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Thanks. I'll try out the settings in a bit, and get back to you.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Sascha, it looks like the CAS Latency setting in the G13 BIOS is bugged and doesn't set the value right, at least at 5T.
    I will try the rest later on more than likely.
    It looks like it's setting the tCL to 6 instead of 5.
    Here's a screenshot:

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Sascha, it looks like the CAS Latency setting in the G13 BIOS is bugged and doesn't set the value right, at least at 5T.
    I will try the rest later on more than likely.
    It looks like it's setting the tCL to 6 instead of 5...
    I did some further testing:

tCL = 5 in BIOS results in tCL 6
    tCL = 6 in BIOS results in tCL 6 [ I have an idea, I'll check if going from 5 to 6 triggers the normal Save & Exit -> Shutdown -> Power On (POST) sequence as it should if it was actually changing the tCL setting ]
    tCL = 7 in BIOS results in tCL 7
    tCL = 8 in BIOS results in tCL 8
    tCL = 9 ? Didn't test it, that's too slow for me ( gonna try it tomorrow )

Does anyone else have a problem with G15 BIOS and cold boot? I'm unable to boot after shut down without additional restart (somehow it reminds on booting of P35 boards). I didn't experience this problem with P03 or G13.

Xtreme Member
    I haven't but I am using G13 because it is more stable in my opinion than G15 and G16.
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!
    CPU Loop: MCP-655~Swiftech MCR-220~HEATKILLERŪ 3.0 LT
    GPU Loop: MCP-655~XSPC RS240~EK FC5870 Plexi+Nickel

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by EnisDonKing View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with G15 BIOS and cold boot? I'm unable to boot after shut down without additional restart (somehow it reminds on booting of P35 boards). I didn't experience this problem with P03 or G13.
    You're probably getting that because of the Vtt bug or the Mem / UnCore multipliers issue.

Like I said before, ditch G15, and get back to G13 for now and wait for G17 or a newer BIOS without the Vtt bug and the rest.

Xtreme Member
    Got an ETA on newer bios? I have a decent chip (3841Axxx) and good mem waiting on a good I/O sys. to compliment.
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I don't have a specific date at the moment, but I'm almost 100% sure that we'll see a new BIOS release this week/end.

Xtreme Member
    @Trembledust:
    The settings are posted here
    Still no go with a successful over clock with the settings you gave me. Check the below link.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...oodrage&page=3

I don't have a specific date at the moment, but I'm almost 100% sure that we'll see a new BIOS release this week/end.
    Where is a new Bios ?
    ASUS Rampage III Extreme,INTEL Xeon W3520@4,5GHz,Core i7 920 C0@4,368GHz,6GB CORSAIR Dominator GT@MIPS Ram Freezer
    ASUS GTX 470@SLI,ENERMAX Revolution85+ 950W,INTEL Postville 80GB,2x1TB WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green WD10EADS
    2 XSPC RX360,XSPC RX240,WATERCOOL Heatkiller 3.0 Cu@full black Nickel,DANGER DEN Laing 3.25@XSPC all in U2-UFO CYO

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by jooney View Post
    Where is a new Bios ?
    I don't have any BIOS newer than G16 yet.
    Might have one tomorrow ( that depends on my contact in Foxconn, I'm not working there you know )

I'm not sure if I'm doing somthing wrong, its a real issue, or if it hasn't been mentioned. I can't seem to boot to my SATA drive, regardless of if its on jmicron or intel southbridge. I had to use PATA to install windows. I also have two seperate RAID 0 on the south bridge.
    FOXCONN BLOODRAGE
    CoreI7 920
    Corsair 6gb DDR3 1600 Dominator
    Diamond 4870X2 Koolance waterblock
    PC Power and Cooling 860w
    2x VelociRaptor (raid 0)
    2x WD160 (raid 0)
    CoolerMaster Watercooling
    Vista64 ultimate SP1
    ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen
    Killer NIC

Xtreme Member
    I don't have any BIOS newer than G16 yet.
    Might have one tomorrow ( that depends on my contact in Foxconn, I'm not working there you know )
    I don't mind testing. Let's see that new bios!
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Xtreme Member
    Just received my Corsair 3x2 GT kit and installed in BloodRage. Set 7-8-7-20 mem timings in bios. 200 bclk, mem at 2005Mhz. Board WILL NOT RUN cas 7. It shows as cas 8 in cpuz, Everest and memset. When will the memory timing issues in BloodRage bios work the way they are supposed to? Running 1.66v dram and 1.46 vtt. Board will not cold boot with vtt>1.5. This kit runs insane on my DFI. FoxConn needs to catch up.
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    Just received my Corsair 3x2 GT kit and installed in BloodRage. Set 7-8-7-20 mem timings in bios. 200 bclk, mem at 2005Mhz. Board WILL NOT RUN cas 7. It shows as cas 8 in cpuz, Everest and memset. When will the memory timing issues in BloodRage bios work the way they are supposed to? Running 1.66v dram and 1.46 vtt. Board will not cold boot with vtt>1.5. This kit runs insane on my DFI. FoxConn needs to catch up.
    I think, itīs a Bios bug.
    Last edited by inzaghi75; 02-08-2009 at 04:16 PM.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    CAS 7 works fine for me with the G13 BIOS at least.
    Perhaps one of your settings is not stable enough and the BIOS reverts to the most recent stable setting/s.

Xtreme Member
    CAS 7 works fine for me with the G13 BIOS at least.
    Perhaps one of your settings is not stable enough and the BIOS reverts to the most recent stable setting/s.
    I don't think so. The board never goes to oc recovery. It boots normally but the cas gets changed to 8 from 7. Seems to be exact same bug as the tRAS setting getting changed, just a different setting. I tried G16 also. Same result.
    tripgood

Big hardware pile

Xtreme X.I.P.
    good to hear!

about PPM, im not sure if disabling it disables the current monitoring, i dont think so.
    when i asked intels nehalem engineers at idf they said its not possible to disable the current and tdp monitoring :/

Quote Originally Posted by tripgood View Post
    Any thing new on this Ram on BloodRage? Are G.SKILL DDR3 PC 16000 CL7 3GB/6GB kit Perfect Storm series a good match for BloodRage .Seems like its a no go for me to buy the Corsair ram..

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    They are working fine at CAS 7 now

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    where's G17?
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Skipped

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast