Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project: CES '09 LMM (Last Minute Mod)

I am Xtreme
    Excellent build. Sorry I did not make it to the Sands and sorry I did not see you at the XS party.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Alex that looks way cool!
    When I release the rev.3 of
    those brackets you will be able
    to do that without any drilling.
    I am impressed by how much stuff
    you were able to cram in there.
    i7 970 4.0 Ghz 1.325v // Asus P6X58D Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit // 12gb Corsair Dominators // 2- GTX 580 Hydrocoppers in SLI// 2-OCZ Vertex 2 Raid//128Gb Corsair SSD (Temp Storage) // Custom Wall Mount Case // Corsair 1000W // SyncMaster 2433BW // Dual loops 2-laing 355's each with XSPC dual top // (UN) 3G Brackets & X-Brackets // Swiftech Apogee XT // 2 x 120.3 & 2 x 120.2 Swiftech Rads//

Wall Mount Build Log: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242186
    MM Extended Ascension Build Log:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=212236[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Xtreme Member
    Very nice! It'd be nice to get to build rigs for free.

heat
    TJ07-Ultra 1200W-E8400-Rampage Formula-4870-4gb G.skill-74gb Raptor-500gb Seagate-Windows 7

Apogee GTZ-XSPC Razor-DDC3.2 w/ XSPC top-PA120.3-MCR220-EK 250 res

Xtreme Addict
    Sooo that's what Alex looks like!!! I'd be at your place every weekend if I lived near you, so in a way I guess be thankful I live on the other side of the country lol.

In a more productive note petra do is there a version of the antec 900 without a case window because all the ones I'm seeing have a case window already built in that funky shape.
    Last edited by silverphoenix; 01-20-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Core
    Core i7 920
    eVGA X58 LE SLi
    2x3GB Mushkin DDR3-1600
    BFG 8800GT OC
    Seagate 7200.12 1TB + Maxtor 320GB
    LianLi A05B

Cooling (all internal)
    2x BI GTS 360
    2x DDC3.2 + Ek top
    EK Supreme LT

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys View Post
    Very nice and clean look. Only 1 thing i don't like :P Paint that Dvd-rom inside of case :P
    Oh, there are a ton of little things that bother me about this build... the unpainted DVD-ROM, unpainted internals of the 5.25" bay covers, didn't have time to paint the insides of the two side panels (not that you really see them), the window molding (and the fact that I had to use it ), not having time to paint the exterior (deep, gloss black with lots of clear would have been nice), wiring could have been nicer, didn't have time to sleeve stuff, the cuts could have been better and could have used more clean-up... the list goes on and on... I'm my own worst critic

Still looks good, though

Quote Originally Posted by Camaroz06 View Post
    How are the actual temps on the system? I am thinking of doing this on my TT armor with a 3x120 on one side and 2x120 in the top.
    Ya know, I can't really recall... Honestly, I put it together, checked the temps to make sure that everything was working alright, and moved on to more assembly. As for what you're planning, a triple and a dual fan radiator should be more than enough to handle an i7 system with a couple video cards.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Excellent build. Sorry I did not make it to the Sands and sorry I did not see you at the XS party.
    Thanks

I wasn't able to get away from everyone at CES early enough to meet up with many at the XS party (I think that I got there at like 8:30 or 9:00pm... but was there until like 3:00am). There's always next year

Quote Originally Posted by atomic ferret View Post
    Very nice! It'd be nice to get to build rigs for free.
    Free? Hah... I ended up putting over $100 in fittings alone into that case (not to mention all of the cooling gear, paint, appliqués, and modding supplies)... and I didn't even get to keep it

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix View Post
    In a more productive note petra do is there a version of the Antec 900 without a case window because all the ones I'm seeing have a case window already built in that funky shape.
    Nope but the side panels are interchangeable and Antec sells the blank panel on their website. I ended up stealing a panel from some guy's home system (has a 900, works for Super Talent, offered it up so that I could finish in time for the show).
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Addict
    Hi Alex,
    I didn't know you posted this. I've been messing with mine so much I haven't visted this section for awhile.

That is LOVELY! Seriously man. That is very much like my system. You have alot of the same hardware I do.

I think you have convinced me to go with the Black Tubing when I get my case painted, and start putting everything into it. I'm going with the deep gloss black. This has that elegant look to it that I like. It's artwork and tastefully done. I like everything about that rig.

I think if I go with the black tubing and a little accent lighting it will look nice and bright, but have that deep dark "jump right in it" black look too.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    I think you have convinced me to go with the Black Tubing when I get my case painted
    Yeah, the gloss black tubing turned out quite nicely. I should note, though, that I decided to give the 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD Danger Den/Feser UV Black tubing a try for this build. The Tygon R-3400 is pretty stiff stuff so I had concerns about several of the bends and the DD/TFC stuff worked out nicely (much more flexible...but not quite as black).

Xtreme Addict
    I'll have to check my bend radiuses from the CPU to GPU if I stick with single loop. That another reason I went with the master Clear befor putting the show stuff to it.

That looks really nice. Does the black glow a color when under UV with the Feser?

I am Xtreme
    Petra did you do a clear coat on the internal paint?
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    Does the black glow a color when under UV with the Feser?
    Yeah, it glows a very pale gray-blue when placed under UV light.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Petra did you do a clear coat on the internal paint?
    Clear? Hah... ... nope.

I only had time to do a quick prime, wait an hour, and do a quick color coat (actually, it was a light spray of color followed by a 'wet' spray about 15 minutes later). This is why I've been complaining so much about cutting corners on the paint--still looked good but I had to break a lot of my own rules to finish in time.

Xtreme PITA to MM
    wow.... nice build for such a short amount of time you had.

That looks great for the simplicity of it.

I wish still lived in the USA (or just visit), you look like a good bloke.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Turned out great! I wasnt sure about the fans, but with the side and radiator grill on, it really adds a great touch to the display of the PC
    [ Lian-Li V1000B // EP45-UD3P // E8400 // HD4870 ]
    [ W/C by EK, MIPS, D-tek, Bitspower, Swiftech, XSPC]
    [ Project LucentTide - WORKLOG! ]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    VERY nice!
    Stacker830 Watercooled
    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
    heatkiller(rev3) on 2500k@ 4.5ghz 1.35v,8 gigs 2133 ripjaws 1.5v
    Swiftech Mcp-655,1/2in tygon,13x120 sunnons on junk ps,
    (2)triple 120mm rads,Biostar TP67XE(rev 5.2)
    150 gig velicraptor (stable drive) ssds r still buggy!!
    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras, sen hd-595s
    Evga Hydro gtX 590,co0lermaster-1250 watt,
    24" Sony fw-900 black ops at @ 2304x1440 85hz/85fps SOLID
    G@m3r 4 L1Fe!!

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...0VIEW%20ALL--/
    3dmark 11 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1102387

Xtreme Member
    An unfamiliar rad replacement you got there. I also seeing the simple and clean work out there mate.

Congratulations.
    Extreme ways I know will part the colors of my sea, perfect color me | Arthur's WC Worklog with Lian Li PC-9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123