Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxconn BloodRage Review & Testing Thread - Retail

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Foxconn BloodRage Review & Testing Thread - Retail

It has arrived!
    Despite the Saturday delivery paid service FedEx decided to bring it to me today, but whatever... I'm used to those logistics companies "accidental delays" already, so let's move on and check this awesome and long anticipated by the enthusiasts motherboard.

I'm going to take the photos now, and I shall be back in a few minutes ( or hours ) with the photos & the first "get to meet each other" tests.

Many thanks to Sascha K. and Foxconn for the sample
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Time to grab some food and then I'm going to turn the mobo on for a few spins

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    A screenshot from my first get to know each other ( don't worry I'm being very very friendly to the board ), nothing special, just checking the "young one" ( i920 sample ) with the outrageous BloodRage.

I shall be back later on with max stable BCLK, QPI, and some initial benches.

Edit: The CPU frequency is 3.4GHz ( sorry for the bad screenie )
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 12-22-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Nice Hardware!!!
    I hope some moderator will merge this thread to the other one we already have in this section.

Do we need two?

You can post these tests etc. in to the other thread. It's no problem for me.
    You are as good as your samples are!

Xtreme Member
    I like the snickers...also were u get board from?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince21 View Post
    I like the snickers...also were u get board from?
    Directly from Foxconn.
    It's a review sample.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Oh so sweet, that is a crazy looking box~
    look forward to your info BZ, thanks for the effort!
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

/dev/zero
    Wow, what an intimidating box!
    The "thing" on it seems to want that snickers, huh?!
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cant wait to see more results.

What cooler are you using?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I was using the Intel stock cooler, but I received my LGA1366 bracket from ThermalRight today and I'm currently rebuilding the system to do more tests.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Ready to rock

Yah I know, I installed the Ultra-120 instead of a Ultra-120 Extreme accidentally, still good enough

Memory Addict
    Awesome - snickers... yummmmm

Looking forward to your results
    ---

Xtreme X.I.P.
    lol at the snickers

Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    I hope some moderator will merge this thread to the other one we already have in this section.

Do we need two?
    huh? why? i thought the review section here was for people who dont make a full review for a website to post their forum review?
    the more reviews the better, more point of views and more detailled results

Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    Oh so sweet, that is a crazy looking box~
    look forward to your info BZ, thanks for the effort!
    glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by SAE View Post
    Wow, what an intimidating box!
    The "thing" on it seems to want that snickers, huh?!
    the same "demon face" as our chinese factory workers called it, is on the bios splash screen, and some of the factory workers in china complained about it and said its scaring them and they think its cursed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    I was using the Intel stock cooler, but I received my LGA1366 bracket from ThermalRight today and I'm currently rebuilding the system to do more tests.
    Just wanna mention it, there is no need for a 1366 bracket, BloodRage has 775 mounting holes so you can use thermalright and other heatsinks without a 1366 bracket

Xtreme Member
    N E E D
    Whats up?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    @shoopdawoopa
    Need what ?

Some info from Sascha ( Saaya ) regarding availability and the QF OC Panel:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha "Saaya" K. - Foxconn Employee
    branch offices already have the boards, but USA and EU are on vacation
    until january 5th... : / thats why the boards arent available yet... in
    asia they can already be bought now
    The QF OC Panel will cost 50$ i think, maybe less
    BloodRage's retail price should be around 300$/300E depending on the region
    And... If you desperately need a BloodRage ASAP PM Saaya

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quick Max stable BCLK test #1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    4.0 on water, yes?
    Armor.exe worklog

Mobo: Asus Rampage 2 Extreme X58
    CPU: i7 920
    GPU: ATi HD 4870x2
    Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
    PSU : Corsair HX1000
    RAM: OCZ 3 x 2GB tri channel DDR3-1600
    HDD: WD 640 Black RAID 0 + 1

Watercooled

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by exe163 View Post
    4.0 on water, yes?
    With a i7 920 ?
    Yeap.
    Might also be stable with a Ultra-120 Extreme, depending on your luck of draw for the CPU, if it's a "low voltage" runner or a chip that wants some more juice ( voltage ) to hit 4GHz stable.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    I look foward to getting mine as soon as they come back in stock at the egg....

I am very excited fr this board, hope it performs like it looks, it ill be stoking!
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Some quick runs ( no tweaks, etc )

Xtreme Addict
    killer latency man. A little heavy on the vcore? And I'm not sure if it's been asked; what batch is the i920?
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

/dev/zero
    Phew!... I was initially shocked seeing the bandwidth at 1600+ with 6-5-5-16, just to notice it's "only" dual channel shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    killer latency man. A little heavy on the vcore? And I'm not sure if it's been asked; what batch is the i920?
    It's dual channel, so latency is a bit better than in triple configs. But that board rocks anyway.
    Last edited by SAE; 12-25-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    The latency would've been even better if I could clock the RAM at 1800+ 6-5-5-16, unfortunately the sticks can do that, but with the current configuration I can't.

I might be feeding the CPU with more voltage than what it needs, I haven't checked it out thoroughly, just set some voltages that should be good enough to ensure stability at the given clocks.

The 920 I'm using now is a 3838A648

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Some newer results that I took some minutes ago trying to see if rising the Vdimm & UnCore voltage to hit higher UnCore clocks helps ( quick tests though, no optimization at all, and loose ( relaxed ) RAM sub-timings ).

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=470883

System Specs:
    Foxconn BloodRage ( Retail board, BIOS G13 )
    Retail Core i7 920 @ 4110MHz - UnCore 4110MHz - QPI 18x ( aka 36x ) multi
    Ultra-120 LGA1366 bracket
    2 CellShock 1GB D9GTR DIMMs & 1 SuperTalent 1GB D9GTR DIMM @ 2055 8-7-6-23 @ 2.20V
    Stock Asus GeForce GTX 280 @ GF Drivers v180.84

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Thats alot of vcore.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast