Thread: Team IRONMODS (TiTON, CPT.Planet, & MIAHALLEN) win THG Overdrive International!

World Champion - IRONMODS

Team IRONMODS (TiTON, CPT.Planet, & MIAHALLEN) win THG Overdrive International!

Tom's Hardware Guide recently hosted an new international overclocking contest called "Overdrive". It consisted of 5 regional competitions, US, France, Italy, Germany, and Taiwan. At each of the regional events, there were up to five teams fighting for a trip to Paris, to represent their country in the International finals on Dec 13th & 14th 2008. IRONMODS was one of the teams working towards the goal in the US heat.

When competing in the US heat, we we plagued with all kinds of issue, mostly stemming from the MSI P45D3 motherboard we used...luckily for us, the other teams had similar issues. We were able to win with our toughest competition being the guys from OFC Benching Team (rdrash, sno.lcn, and dawgdoc). After a long battle, we struck gold and secured our trip to Paris.

Video coverage of the competition
    Team IRONMODS wins!
    Interviews with the experts
    LN2 Jackassery

For the finals in Paris, the battle was intense, and the competition was stiff. It was great to meet all the competitors in person, all of them great sports and skilled competitors. Despite the tough battle, IRONMODS came through with the win, making us "World Champions"

Please enjoy some pictures and videos from the event:

Some of you may have hear of "Trouffman" managing editor of Syndrome-OC, a French tech site known for OCing competition coverage... Trouffman REALLY liked the NAVIG benching station:

I mean...he really, really liked it

JK...great guy, with a great website (or so I'm told by the French!)...check it out (click the pictures below to visit syndrome-oc.net):

Last edited by miahallen; 01-17-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Champion
    Nice post Miah

Yup.. Trouffman was our secret weapons.. his "Loving".. gave us the few extra OC points we needed.

- Ton

Turkey Man
    Did you build that bench table specifically for that board?
    I noticed the IDE cable cutout was perfectly placed, but every different mobo has the slot in a different location.

World Champion - IRONMODS
    NAVIG @ OCF builds them to order...but no, it was not built specifically for this board...just got lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS