Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxconn Bloodrage-Quantum Force- -X58- -Retail-

Xtreme Member
    man i would love to see dfi x58 vs foxconn performance comparsion

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    found this in an article..

On paper, Bloodrage is shaping up to be an impressive high-end X58 solution. It's scheduled to reach stores early December, and it'll carry a price-tag of around £265 including VAT.

isn't that around 370US

It's not early December any more,..
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Member
    As stated before, the Northbridge waterblock is 100% copper with 1/2" barbs. A store here in Japan already had this board but only like 5 of them and by the time I found out they were already sold out. The price on the board here was 27,800 JPY which is about $309 so not bad at all!

http://www.dospara.co.jp/5goods_part...&ic=90044&lf=0
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!
    CPU Loop: MCP-655~Swiftech MCR-220~HEATKILLER® 3.0 LT
    GPU Loop: MCP-655~XSPC RS240~EK FC5870 Plexi+Nickel

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by s002wjh View Post
    man i would love to see dfi x58 vs foxconn performance comparsion
    me too but so far DFI was an amazing memory OCing and seems to have 0 vdroop, I would like to see bloodrage on that part!

Quote Originally Posted by Touge180SX View Post
    As stated before, the Northbridge waterblock is 100% copper with 1/2" barbs. A store here in Japan already had this board but only like 5 of them and by the time I found out they were already sold out. The price on the board here was 27,800 JPY which is about $309 so not bad at all!
    thats damn cheap
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Nice Hardware!!!
    I got some info about the price. It should be ~300 USD. It is really cheap, if it will be so.

More tests coming today. I got some things fixed now
    You are as good as your samples are!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    I got some info about the price. It should be ~300 USD. It is really cheap, if it will be so.

More tests coming today. I got some things fixed now
    wojoooo!!!! wow I never thought would be that cheap tho when it comes! saaya said before xmas
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    what's wrong with you guys? 300 bucks for a mb? how's that cheap!?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Foxconn has so ty attitude for Finnish market so many people wo´nt be buying their boards around here, no matter how good they are.

But they do´nt need Finnish market as they are aiming for larger selling areas.
    Last edited by BulldogPO; 12-22-2008 at 05:45 AM.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

/dev/zero
    It's meant to be cheap for an X58.^^
    I payed like 250,-€ for my DFI nF4 eXpert when it came out, iirc.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_KHAN View Post
    Look at Rampage II *cough* $400 *cough* and yet it has hardware configuration problems -.-

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogPO View Post
    Foxconn has so ty attitude for Finnish market so many people wo´nt be buying their boards around here, no matter how good they are.

Yeah I agree, it happened with 790i Dreadnought so much hype and never was launched... tho there was an article saying that Foxconn has problems with their departments, marketing is way ahead of others, thats why you see so much paper launch
    Last edited by Blacky; 12-22-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Look at Rampage II *cough* $400 *cough* and yet it has hardware configuration problems -.-

Yeah I agree, it happened with 790i Dreadnought so much hype and never was launched... tho there was an article saying that Foxconn has problems with their departments, marketing is away ahead of others, thats why you see so much paper launch
    Then they need to sync up with each others
    Proud owner of an iPhone3G 16G White

SpiTweaker by Monteboy,try it

Xtreme Member

Yeah I agree, it happened with 790i Dreadnought so much hype and never was launched... tho there was an article saying that Foxconn has problems with their departments, marketing is away ahead of others, thats why you see so much paper launch
    Yeah, this mobo is cheap in my opinion if you look at what you are getting compared to other x58 options out there!

Saaya mentioned earlier the same thing about their departments and that China always delays when it comes time to send the product out!

On another note, has anyone found pictures of what the drive bay thing for the Bloodrage looks like when it is on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008-11-24-12.jpg 
Views:	1704 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	91275  
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4833.55Mhz~EVGA "Classified" E760~XFX HD5870~6GB G.Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2000~Corsair HX1000~2x WD Velociraptor 150GB RAID 0~WD Cavier Black 1TB~Custom Danger Den Water Box Plus~Windows 7 x64 RTM~Dell 2407WFP

H20!

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_KHAN View Post
    Why wouldn't High End motherboard cost over 300€. People pay 600€ for a high end VGA and 1200€ for high end CPU. Come on.. that is the old way of thinking.

It's not about "that" attitude. Finland is really small market area. There is like 5 people buying these boards Seriously.. I will ask this from Michael Kruitnof who is doing deals with our shops. Jimm's was supposed to sell Foxconn products already, but I have no idea what went wrong.

Yeah I agree, it happened with 790i Dreadnought so much hype and never was launched... tho there was an article saying that Foxconn has problems with their departments, marketing is way ahead of others, thats why you see so much paper launch
    Like this board, rampage extreme offers you the ultimate platform for Core i7, so no need to bash the prices.

Dreadnought was canceled, cause 790i chipset was pile of "****" . If you can't have enough working chips, there is no idea of selling high end motherboards. But still, paper launch is wrong word.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge180SX View Post
    Yeah, this mobo is cheap in my opinion if you look at what you are getting compared to other x58 options out there!

Saaya mentioned earlier the same thing about their departments and that China always delays when it comes time to send the product out!

On another note, has anyone found pictures of what the drive bay thing for the Bloodrage looks like when it is on?
    I'm afraid that it's not included in the package.
    I've got a retail board here, and it wasn't in the package and there's no sign of a space for it, so it's not a mix up from Foxconn's packaging dpt.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    ultimate platform for Ci7? R2E (at least mine) is clocking memory like crap. Give me any kit of ram and I can guarantee I can't get more than ~100mhz over the top, nor tighten timings, at any voltage. I've had 2 different types of chips, D9JNL and Elpida, both exhibited the same pathology. I'm about ready to change it out for this board if it can clock ram better.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    I am going to switch my work rig to a i7, so I can't wait for the blodrage, it's between that and the Evga, which is 300 tooo

I can't wait till it hits the market, got my eyes peeled. Also love that red and black design, it would stoke in my H2go...
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    Why wouldn't High End motherboard cost over 300€. People pay 600€ for a high end VGA and 1200€ for high end CPU. Come on.. that is the old way of thinking.

It's not about "that" attitude. Finland is really small market area. There is like 5 people buying these boards Seriously.. I will ask this from Michael Kruitnof who is doing deals with our shops. Jimm's was supposed to sell Foxconn products already, but I have no idea what went wrong.

Like this board, rampage extreme offers you the ultimate platform for Core i7, so no need to bash the prices.

Dreadnought was canceled, cause 790i chipset was pile of "****" . If you can't have enough working chips, there is no idea of selling high end motherboards. But still, paper launch is wrong word.

Yep I know, but there is many of harcore overclockers like you who would like this board.
    BTW, have you looked that waterblock? what is it´s fittings diameter, inside and outside?

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Yep I know, but there is many of harcore overclockers like you who would like this board.
    BTW, have you looked that waterblock? what is it´s fittings diameter, inside and outside?
    It's 1/2", as confirmed from Saaya.
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 12-24-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

/dev/zero
    saaya said it would be 1/2" fittings^^
    I have 13/19mm tubing here - 11mm wold be way to small to fit.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Damn at 300 that will be my top choice if i get a ATi card, if i get the new 295GTX it will be between the Bloodrage and the evga... choice choice :/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    After looking at the manual the only way that I see to update the BIOS is by using a utility called Fox LiveUpdate. Is this the only way to update the BIOS? My guess is that all Foxconn motherboards use the same utility so has there ever been any problems using this utility to update the BIOS in Windows? So far this is the only concern that I've got.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by msgclb View Post
    After looking at the manual the only way that I see to update the BIOS is by using a utility called Fox LiveUpdate. Is this the only way to update the BIOS? My guess is that all Foxconn motherboards use the same utility so has there ever been any problems using this utility to update the BIOS in Windows? So far this is the only concern that I've got.
    Nope.
    There are several ways.
    During POST you can press Alt + F2 to enter the AWARDFLASH BIOS Flashing utility.
    You can use FoxUpdate within Windows as well.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Nope.
    There are several ways.
    During POST you can press Alt + F2 to enter the AWARDFLASH BIOS Flashing utility.
    You can use FoxUpdate within Windows as well.
    Does the AWARDFLASH BIOS Flashing support a USB flash drive?
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice Hardware!!!
    When you download bios file, you will have all needed files for flash. Just use bootable usb stick, put all files in and you are ok. (It will flash your bios automatically)

I have used Foxliveupdate and there is no problems. Of course you have to be sure, that your current settings are stable

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    I'm afraid that it's not included in the package.
    I've got a retail board here, and it wasn't in the package and there's no sign of a space for it, so it's not a mix up from Foxconn's packaging dpt.
    Yeah, I figured that. Wonder how much it will cost extra and when it will be available?

H20!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast