Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed: Undercover DON'T BUY IT

Need For Speed: Undercover DON'T BUY IT

This thing SUCKS.
    Will you take a look at this crap: http://jouluserver.com/~izvire/kuvat/nfs4.jpg
    That is with all best graphics, 6x AA, anistropic filtering 1680x1050 resolution.
    How can they sell a game like this? Suckiest graphics ever (even ps2 beats it) + handling or lets just say the whole game mechanics suck.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hmm maybe driver issues? or something...

Banned
    The gameplay is even worse; it's like arcade on steroids, in a bad way.

Outside of AA apparently not working, it looks ok to me.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Klarko View Post
    Hmm maybe driver issues? or something...
    Nope they are fine.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What is the gameplay/experience like compared to other NFS games?

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Outside of AA apparently not working, it looks ok to me.
    It looks ok?!

Quote Originally Posted by xsbb View Post
    What is the gameplay/experience like compared to other NFS games?
    Its basicly the same game as Pro Street just in a city, even though Pro Street has better graphics.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have pro street right now, and that kept me busy for about 3 hours. Then i uninstalled it.

way too cheesy/arcadey

I have pro street right now, and that kept me busy for about 3 hours. Then i uninstalled it.

way too cheesy/arcadey
    Yep NFS's have been going down after Most Wanted IMO.

Xtreme Member
    I had just finished the game last weekend, and yes the handling is ty, and the cars seem to "Auto Brake" when you get to corners, but the game does not look terrible.
    Just turn off the shadows and turn "world effects" off then crank the AA (using GFX control panel not ingame).

But i found it way to easy, anyone know a way of turning up the difficulty?
    Intel Q6600, 400x9 @ 1.5v, TRUE Black
    DFI Lanparty X48
    OCZ SLI Ready 2 x 2gb DDR-800
    Force 3D 4870X2
    Antec 1200
    G15 Rev.1 + Razer Lachesis
    Samsung 245T 24"
    Sennheiser HD 485
    Logitech Z5500 5.1

Xtreme Member
    yea its very easy
    i jus roam abit when im bored
    but personally i find the graphics and gameplay to be average

still prefer underground 2 over all nfs
    Rig 1 Asus ROG Strix B550-F WiFi, R7 5800x, 64GB Vengeance LPX 4*16GB, Zotac GTX 1070Ti, X-Fi Titanium, Enermax Revolution D.F. 850w, SSDs 768GB, HDD 3TB, CM 912HAF, NH D-15 Black.cr
    Rig 2 Asus Maximus VI Hero, i7 4770K@4000, 32GB Ballistix VLP 4*8GB, Gigabyte GTX 970, eVGA G3 850, SSD 512GB, HDD 2TB, TT Element-T, NH D-14.

Which one had the mode where your objective was to run away from the cop cars (it wasn't a race at all)? The demo started with the camera flying down to you passing under a bridge on a straight highway with a ton of cop cars behind you.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

I only liked UnderGround2

I hope they bring out UnderGround 3 next, because Most Wanted was not too clever, Carbon was hyped up and failed to deliver, and as for ProStreet and now UnderCover... WTF?

In the case of Most Wanted and Carbon, I tried so much to get into them, I really did, but I never bothered to play them for long. With Prostreet, I didnt bother playing after about an hour and I was extremely upset that I wasted my money on it.

With UnderCover, I got hold of a copy and Im glad I did becauseafter half an hour of boredom, I got rid of it.

This I am afraid marks the end of my Need For Speed loyalty, well, to be honest, Most Wanted did, but given that I have every NFS thats been out, I just wanted to keep the collection you know... Im not wasting my money on them any more, they are no longer worth bothering with.

Like I said UnderGround 3 and Im in, but otherwise, these latest offerings should have been be shot at birth.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Most of the reviews said it sucked anyway... But i do agree with you guys, UnderGround 1/2 where by far the best, they actually seemed more realistic then the encores, and i thought they failed.

UG3 Please!

Xtreme Legend
    yup confirmed here too
    it sucks
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    A friend gave me a copy of Undercover as a present (because 2 years ago I gave him Most Wanted as a gift lol)
    After the serial no. activation, all is well. This is on a Athlon X2 @ 2.4Ghz and a crippled 2900XT (running at 500Mhz all the time)

AA works if you legitly acquired the game. From what I was playing, I had NO performance issues at all high and 2x AA (1280*1024). 4x is okay if you drive predictively.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Legend
    i dont think its the performance issues it's the crap game itself thats the issue
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    i dont think its the performance issues it's the crap game itself thats the issue
    Hit! Just when anybody thought PS was worse, Undercover changed that perception. Made them decide PS was a bit better than Undercover, LOL.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    I was just starting a new game on NFSU2. Fun stuff, alot more challenging, and more classic NFS.
    I am Xtreme

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Izvire View Post
    It looks ok?!
    It doesn't look bad, but it was bad spot to take the photo going fast with motion blur on. Trying to insit that its crappy graphics when half the picture is useless due to the blur does no good. AA would be nice, but then don't expect greatness for when its something that is part of a console port.

NFS have gone down hill and I don't expect anything great out of them anymore and haven't for a long time.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Mentor
    Wait, so what card was the game running? Cause if you ask me, that looks like a 7200 GS, but with all of you talking so bad about it, it makes me think the game itself sucks really bad lol

Will see, I want to give it a try later on
    Maybe they can release an HD texture pack?

Xtreme Addict
    I played for a total of 5 mins, i did a few donuts and then turned it off and that was it done.

Banned

way too cheesy/arcadey
    Then you need to try Test Drive Unlimited. This game is realistic in terms of the ride and handling. I find this game authentic...

Man I'm glad I didn't buy this game NFS:Undercover.... I don't like cheesy and arcadey games... not my thang.

Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 12-18-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Izvire View Post
    This thing SUCKS.
    Will you take a look at this crap: http://jouluserver.com/~izvire/kuvat/nfs4.jpg
    That is with all best graphics, 6x AA, anistropic filtering 1680x1050 resolution.
    How can they sell a game like this? Suckiest graphics ever (even ps2 beats it) + handling or lets just say the whole game mechanics suck.
    Are you referring to the soft and blurry picture in the link you posted? If that's the case then just turn off the motion blur and AA. Max out the Anisotropic Filtering (AF).

What else do you not like about the graphics? elaborate pls?

Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 12-18-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast