Page 54 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4313

Thread: UnOfficial Asus Rampage II Extreme Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcj66106 View Post
    QPI VTT is the same as QPI/DRAM right?
    Yes

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your situation is why Intel is changing the stepping to DO on the i7 series. C0/C1 steppings have a very large differential in how similar chips function.

Some i7 920s can do 210x20 (21) at 1.47v with HT and Turbo on and others cannot do 3.8 GHz.

Banned
    Iput the core at 1.45 and its only stable at that for 10 min so im at 1.47 now and testing.

Banned
    ill be selling this chip as soon as they start selling the new 6 core chip. I all ready have some one to buy it. by the way i was able to get this same chip stable at 1.45 on a p6t deluxe but it had abad fan header so i sent it back but it seems that they discontinued the p6t delux and thats why i got the RIIE.

Xtreme Addict
    To those that have been asking questions about the NB cooling. I just added an old 80mm very quiet fan from an old AMD cooler directly above the NB sink. Rest assured, my temperatures went from 57C idle 62C load , to 40C idle 45C load on the NB . That's a huge difference in temperature, roughly 17C-20C difference . I am running my Uncore at 3600MHz with 1.35000V QPI/DRAM and regardless of stability benefits definitely leaving the little fan over the NB sink permanently
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-19-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Hi guys,

I've just received my new PC 4 days ago and my first OC gave to me this...

But i think my memory aren't well configured...

Any idea please ?
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel i7 920
    CoolerMaster V8
    G-Skill 3x2Go Trident PC16000 9-9-9-24
    XFX GTX 285 Black Edition OC++
    Western Digital Velociraptor 150Go 10000rpm
    2x Western Digital 640Go 7000rpm 32Mo RAID1
    Corsair HX1000W
    CoolerMaster ATCS840
    IIyam ProLite B24403WS

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist360 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've just received my new PC 4 days ago and my first OC gave to me this...

But i think my memory aren't well configured...

Any idea please ?
    Adjust your ram speed in the bios, at 200bclk you should be dead even at 1600mhz which would be perfect if you are running that gskill you have in your sig. You really shouldn't have to do much to get it to be stable at 200bclk. Its when you cross into the 210 area when things get tricky.

Question New Issue: Crossifire Related

Has anyone with an Asus Rampage Extreme II (I am running an i7 965 at 3.81 temp not an issue) had imterrmittent problems with the Catalyst driver when using twin Shapphire (or any make) Radeon HD4870 X2s linked. I was running fine until I made the hugh misstake of upgrading to the latestest drivers. Now CCC will only see one the cards, although GPU-Z sees all four GPUs. Now when I go to play say HL2, Episode 2, on Steam I get all the way to the initial start page for the game and everything freezes and the steam engine quits. Any thoughts? I have gone so far as to re-install the operating system, Vista Ultimate, at which time everything worked fine for 48 hours but now I have the same problem again.

Bottom line from day one, CrossfireX on this particular board has been driving me nuts and I am ready for a single Nvidia 295. If anyone has dealt with the same problem please tell me what you tweaked and by how much to get stabilty before I go nuts trying to figure this out.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    [LIST]
    [SIZE="2"[LIST=1[B]]"Smith & Wesson — the original point and click interface."[/B]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by marleyman View Post
    Has anyone with an Asus Rampage Extreme II (I am running an i7 965 at 3.81 temp not an issue) had imterrmittent problems with the Catalyst driver when using twin Shapphire (or any make) Radeon HD4870 X2s linked. I was running fine until I made the hugh misstake of upgrading to the latestest drivers. Now CCC will only see one the cards, although GPU-Z sees all four GPUs. Now when I go to play say HL2, Episode 2, on Steam I get all the way to the initial start page for the game and everything freezes and the steam engine quits. Any thoughts? I have gone so far as to re-install the operating system, Vista Ultimate, at which time everything worked fine for 48 hours but now I have the same problem again.

Bottom line from day one, CrossfireX on this particular board has been driving me nuts and I am ready for a single Nvidia 295. If anyone has dealt with the same problem please tell me what you tweaked and by how much to get stabilty before I go nuts trying to figure this out.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    Which BIOS are you running? You should update to the latest BIOS as I think some of those issues you are experiencing have been corrected in the newer revisions...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by marleyman View Post

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    I had an issue with the game Dirt, it was caused by hyperthreading. In my instance the game was not coded to run 8 cores, even though physically there are only 4 cores, the game saw 8 since HT was on. To fix it, we had to look into some xml file or something and change it to only use 4 cores.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by posershadow View Post
    Adjust your ram speed in the bios, at 200bclk you should be dead even at 1600mhz which would be perfect if you are running that gskill you have in your sig. You really shouldn't have to do much to get it to be stable at 200bclk. Its when you cross into the 210 area when things get tricky.
    his case is different
    he has the tdp enabled

temps must be less than 80C but around 75+ when he took that validation

Quote Originally Posted by cstkl1 View Post
    temps must be less than 80C but around 75+ when he took that validation
    when i took this screen i've checked in HW monitor...

Last edited by Twist360; 02-22-2009 at 02:58 AM.
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel i7 920
    CoolerMaster V8
    G-Skill 3x2Go Trident PC16000 9-9-9-24
    XFX GTX 285 Black Edition OC++
    Western Digital Velociraptor 150Go 10000rpm
    2x Western Digital 640Go 7000rpm 32Mo RAID1
    Corsair HX1000W
    CoolerMaster ATCS840
    IIyam ProLite B24403WS

Hi, I dont seem to understand the R2E at all. The OC options are massive and I have never seen such options in my life.
    Could any kind soul please explain to me the various voltage settings and what they actually mean? (eg. CPU VTT or something like that)

Moreover I realised that Win Xp X64 seems to have an issue with the Creative Drivers and Software. Apparently, that seems to be
    causing my system to restart randomly and I cannot hear any sound at all. My speaker work fine but the creative audio never gets
    detected. Anyone knows a workaround to this?

I have all the latest driver and am using the 1004 BIOS. I have not OCed my system yet cos I want to get my system running fine first.'

Thanks in advance

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by applescript View Post
    Hi, I dont seem to understand the R2E at all. The OC options are massive and I have never seen such options in my life.
    Could any kind soul please explain to me the various voltage settings and what they actually mean? (eg. CPU VTT or something like that)

Moreover I realised that Win Xp X64 seems to have an issue with the Creative Drivers and Software. Apparently, that seems to be
    causing my system to restart randomly and I cannot hear any sound at all. My speaker work fine but the creative audio never gets

I have all the latest driver and am using the 1004 BIOS. I have not OCed my system yet cos I want to get my system running fine first.'

Thanks in advance
    I do not have XP 64-bit so I cannot give you a direct answer, but from Vista 64-bit point of view, when the sound driver cannot detect the sound card, it usually has an exclamaion point under "Others" in the Device section. I usually would just go there and update driver and point it to the CD, that usually solves the problem 95% of the time for me. You may want to try that and see if it helps.
    Asus Rampage II Gene, Xeon W3550 D0 Mushkin PC3-2000 6GB, BFG 9600GT OC 512MB DDR3
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe 1.01G, AMD A64 4000+, 2x1GB Ultra PC-3200, EVGA 7600GT 256MB DDR3
    Asus MA378-T with AMD Athlon 64 X2 7850
    ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0, Intel Celeron E1400, MSI 8500GT 256MB DDR3
    BIOStar P4M900-M7 Rev. 7.0, Intel Celeron 440, 1GB Kingston, 6600LE
    Gigabyte M61PME-S2P with AMD Athlon 64 LE-1660, EVGA 8500GT 1GB DDR2

Red face

Thanks in advance
    Solved in an earlier post-install the Asus driver which should provide sound and then install the Asus X-Fi driver listed in the 'other' section on the download page to provide various sound modes and X-Fi type capabilities.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    Ha! Interesting observation. I have been doing some testing over the last few days, and one of the tests I did just last night is I put the memory timings back to 8-8-8-20-1T from 7-8-7-18-1T when running 4.2GHz and 1600MHz memory. I booted perfectly this morning. Tonight, I will set the timings to 7-8-7-20-1T and see if it boots tomorrow morning, and then I will set them back to 7-8-7-18-1T and see if it boots fine.

Overall, though, this is very strange because it seems like it could be the PSU not being able to give enough power to the DRAM to start up at certain timings, which to be honest I have never seen or heard of before. Once the system boots, I can run memtest86+ and memtest hci for days on end at 7-8-7-18-1T and never get a single error. I can keep rebooting the system, shutting it down, booting up again, as long as I do not leave it off for prolonged periods of time. Extremely strange.

Anyway, I will update more as I run my next set of tests as specified above over the next couple of days.

Maybe I ought to pick up a Silverstore Zeus or something and test this out as well...
    Well, last night I changed the timings to 7-8-7-20-1T and this morning I could not boot. I will restore the timings today to 8-8-8-20-1T and will report back tomorrow on what are the results of the change. I am anticipating that I will boot successfully as was the case yesterday.
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-20-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi, I will receive my beauty (R2E) next week but have a short question. Will a TRUE-black (push/pull config) fit with two "Kaze" fans (120x120x38mm) on this board? It does not on my UD5....due too first closest memory!
    Last edited by Vega; 02-20-2009 at 01:46 PM.
    i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 1.29V
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (bios 0706)
    8GB Ceil Corsa 2133MHz cl9
    Asus GTX580
    2x OCZ ve3 120Gb Max Iops (Raid0)
    1x WD Black 1Tb
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    NEC 24WMGX3
    Corsair AX1200W
    Lian-Li P80 A.S

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Hi, I will receive my beauty (R2E) next week but have a short question. Will a TRUE-black (push/pull config) fit with two "Kaze" fans (120x120x38mm) on this board? It does not on my UD5....due too first closest memory!
    Only if you are running three slots. Six slots will not fit.
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-20-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Xtreme Addict

Thanks in advance
    eh
    if r2e overclocking or infact x58 bios options are massive for u

then the 775's especially ddr3 boards must have blown u away

hi guys my bclk limit seems to be 195 ): is there anyway to raise it? I have tired raising all voltages including the clock skew and differential amplitude.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hi guys my bclk limit seems to be 195 ): is there anyway to raise it? I have tired raising all voltages including the clock skew and differential amplitude.
    Have you tried my settings from post number 7 on the front page?
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

Only if you are running three slots. Six slots will not fit.
    I have the exact setup and I have to disagree with you here. Even with 6 slots, TRUE and 2 Kaze will fit just fine.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by auchkoenig View Post
    I have the exact setup and I have to disagree with you here. Even with 6 slots, TRUE and 2 Kaze will fit just fine.
    With Dominator sticks? No it won't. The sticks are too tall and hit the fan because of their massive HS. I tried it and it did not fit.

With Dominator sticks? No it won't. The sticks are too tall and hit the fan because of their massive HS. I tried it and it did not fit.
    Missed the part about the Dominator. Just realised I did the comparison with my normal sized heatsink Mushkin.

Page 54 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154 ... LastLast