Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: n00b 0f l337?

Xtreme Addict
    are there any studys on phase builders and hospital visits?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I heard ben333 talked to NoL the other day and that he was in a car accident and is getting better. Thats just something I heard from ben, and he can be quite drunk at times.

That means its just a rumor, and that it's most likely not true.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I spoke to Adam by email yesterday and he's planning to be home Jan4 and deal with this.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Well if indeed he was injured in a car accident I hope him a speedy recovery. I've still not had any contact with him on mine since before Halloween . Hope to hear from him soon and get this all taken care of.

Xtreme Member
    Just to give people here a little insight...after getting burned myself in the past, I decided if I was going to buy anything from anyone, I was going to have a legal contract drawn up. I apoke with Adam about a build a while back and after telling him about the contract he seemed a little taken back...but he agreed and afterwards, he thought it was a great idea and wanted to use my contract with other customers.

I mailed him the contract and that was the nonsense began. He claimed he never got it so I mailed it again, registered and he said the same. I then e-mailed it to him and he was supposed to print, sign and mail back to me and he never did...that was the end of communication. I can only assume that once a person is willing to get legal contracts involved and they know your address, it makes the seller think twice about taking someone's hard earned money. I'm not bashing Adam or even saying he is screwing anyone. If he is in the hospital, I hope he gets better and finishes up the work he owes people.

I think legal contracts for the sale of units should be strongly encouraged and the moderators here should post up some templates that can be used as a guidline for sellers and buyers. Just a thought.
    Ultra Aluminus/Silverstone SUGO 05/Thermaltake SPEDO
    Asus P6TD Deluxe/Zotac Mini-ITX GeForce 9300
    Core I3 3ghz/Core i7 920 D0
    TRUE Black/CM Hyper 212 Plus
    G.Skill 4GB PC8500/3GB Corsair DDR3-1866/6GB G.Skill DDR3-2000
    ATI HD4850 1GB/ATI HD4890 1GB/ATI HD5850
    Samsung 305T Plus
    Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3/Creative X-Fi PCI-E
    4 Intel X-25M 80GB SSD RAID-0/Areca 1231ML
    LG 8X Blu-Ray Burner/LG 10X Blu-Ray Burner/Sony Slimline Blu-Ray Optical
    Ultra X3 1600W/Ultra X3 1000W

I am Xtreme
    I think legal contracts for the sale of units should be strongly encouraged and the moderators here should post up some templates that can be used as a guidline for sellers and buyers. Just a thought.

The Mods/Admins here are in no way bound to any transaction that happens between two parties.

They might be able to help one party contact another but in no way are responsible for the action of either party.

There for they don't have to involve themselves if they choose not to.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE76 View Post
    I think legal contracts for the sale of units should be strongly encouraged and the moderators here should post up some templates that can be used as a guideline for sellers and buyers. Just a thought.
    Actually we don't even want to know about any ones business.

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    The Mods/Admins here are in no way bound to any transaction that happens between two parties.

They might be able to help one party contact another but in no way are responsible for the action of either party.

you got that right buddy
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post

Except that from what I've heard, there have been people here who have had many outstanding complaints - valid, documented complaints - and were still allowed access to the forum. If someone is following through on only one job for every 5 they're getting paid for, then XS has a responsibility to limit the access of such people. It's no different than how we handle spam. Spammers are shot on sight partly because they disrupt the forum but also because we know that 99% of the time they are scams.

I believe in giving people the benefit of the the doubt, but if someone really is in a bad way and wants to make amends, then they should demonstrate that FIRST before they are allowed to continue to prey on other forum members.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
    Except that from what I've heard, there have been people here who have had many outstanding complaints - valid, documented complaints - and were still allowed access to the forum. If someone is following through on only one job for every 5 they're getting paid for, then XS has a responsibility to limit the access of such people. It's no different than how we handle spam. Spammers are shot on sight partly because they disrupt the forum but also because we know that 99% of the time they are scams.

I believe in giving people the benefit of the the doubt, but if someone really is in a bad way and wants to make amends, then they should demonstrate that FIRST before they are allowed to continue to prey on other forum members.
    I agree with you Twilyth. Just saying that the admin/mods are not responsible for dealing with these type of situations in that yes they can make efforts to force the offender and the victim to communicate but they are not obligated in any or can be held legally responsible if someone short changes someone. It states that in the T&C and in the 4sell section.

Any transactions between members are not the fault/liability of XS and its Admins/Mods.

A former mod/admin here screwed over people and yes it was taken care of cause the person was thought to be a key element of XS but legally speaking no one could take any legal action against XS.

However yes some Admin/Mods may step in and try to help, but that is solely a case by case/person basis.

If something happened to me I would ask the help of a Mod/Admin here but I know not to expect it.

There fore as my original point saying that the staff SHOULD do something isn't going to make them change their policy/procedures as stated in the previous post.

i.e
    Last edited by phelan1777; 01-07-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE76 View Post
    XS rules clearly say:

Only pre-built phase-change coolers can be sold in XtremeSystems Forums (XS) and strictly in the area of the
    XtremeSystems Forums > For Sale / Classifieds > For Sale > Cooling

Pre-built means finished phase-change coolers that are finished, tested and ready to be shipped to the potential buyers.

Guys its in the phase section you should read the sticky.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=155557

If you do it, its obviously behind the Admins/Mods back. So yeah its totally there call if they want to help you or not.

If you get caught they will give you a can of whoop ass.

<--- guilty of recieving a can of whoop ass once.

Wont ever make that same mistake again.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 01-08-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    It has always been "Buyer Beware". It doesnt matter if it is a phase cooler or a car.
    It is only good business to have a contract, it is done in all forms of business.
    A quick search will provide you with templates. They should include price, what you get for that price, any warranties, and a cancelation clause. Some other things would be time tables, prepayments, and penalties.

I personally have been bitten because I did not have a contract. I have also bitten some one because we did have a contract. I dont do business without one.
    Both parties need to read it and UNDERSTAND it fully.

If you choose not to use a contract then dont come here screaming that you got ripped off. It is your money/services so protect it.

I am Xtreme
    A contract is always a good thing to have but it doesn't really protect you - as bizarre as that sounds.

If the other party violates the contract, all it gives you is a cause of action - i.e., the right to bring an action in a court of law. You still have to prosecute the action. And while you can do that pro se (on your own, without a lawyer) you still have the expense of filing and service/process fees. That won't usually amount to much, but even so.

If the person lives outside your jurisdiction, then service of process becomes more of an issue. But even worse, if you get a judgment, you then have to try to enforce it in the other jurisdiction. Good luck with that.

Contracts are great for helping avoid misunderstandings but they are by no means a crucifix that will keep you from being sucked dry.

-150c Club Member
    Hello all! First off, major thanks to Dave (Movieman) and a few other forum members on the numberless amount of forums I was/am on for helping me get back to this point. A few months back I was creamed in a car accident, short story, braked suddenly for someone slamming their breaks and was smashed in the back left, after getting a rather nice spraying of glass I had my shoulder and arm mashed as the transmission came through up into the car as well as the nameless amounts of crunching caused by the F150's impact.

However after a long amount of time out (literally out), and a long hospital stay, I have been in recovery and physical therapy (traction in this case).
    With Dave's help I was able to get a bit of information but I still need a bit more, I currently believe I have two outstanding build's. Loonym and Houlini. Movieman has gotten me the information for Loonym, thank you on that one, and your cascade is next on the bench (is most likely within a days work of finish, then cosmetics and shipment).

Since I am still basically unable to work, I have sourced out private HVAC help, and am paying an "employee" by the day to do brazing and system work. Brought the man up to speed on what I did and all, and I must say I am impressed with his brazing ability and ability to move things around, then again I feel sometimes for what I'm paying him a private monkey/butler might be better suited. Houlini your system is completely ready for shipment, however I have gone ahead as I feel that I owe you greatly, to do a few little upgrades. First off I built you a completely DIFFERENT system. Upped you from a 3/4hp rotary to a 1.125hp rotary. Added a few other features, and will be including a K type digital display that is bench style, and should prove useful in your benching needs. The system has also been tuned for 275W, and pulls in nicely around -42C at that load. It maintains 240W at -45C without a problem, and has enough charge that there's still ice on the accumulator at 275W, so hopefully it should hold you more then enough. Sub 50W comes in around -62C and colder. Hopefully you will enjoy this. I've also changed the mounting structure and electrical systems to something you'll find nicer, as well as the fan assembly. (Watch your fingers though mate, you'll see why). I need your address. As you waited way to long for this system, I will leave final payment completely up to you, if you find my build quality is up to snuff, and feel like you want to pay any amount of the final payment, that's fine, if you feel that you shouldn't have to pay the final 35%, that's also just fine with me. However I will ship it to you, you can inspect and play, but if you could recompensate me for shipping and handling once you are satisfied that would be much appreciated, I am after all a student with costs of living and now medical expenses and this would be much appreciated. I will be posting pictures of your system in the main section in a few minutes, typing this is a bit slow with one arm.

Oh and the system is quite quiet Enjoy, your getting an awesome unit. If you could PM me your address, or check your box incase you don't see this, that would be great.

--

Onto Loonym! I started the HVAC Tech with Houlini's because I felt a cascade might not be the best place to start, even if we do just need to source a tiny leak out on the first stage and pretty her up. I will also be including some more goodies to your system, and am again sorry for how this turned out.

Thank you guys for understanding and major thanks to everyone (especially those that visited me!)

--

Oh and Naekuh! Movieman reminded me I still have your system! Don't worry I haven't forgot, I will ship that back as soon as I package it back up (my workshop has literally be in statis in a sense). If it's not too huge a problem, I hope you understand that I will try and do this as soon as I finish my contracts with these two here.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

-150c Club Member
    On another note, I totally understand the removal of my XIP status, I certainly did not ever intend on bringing about any distaste or problems to the XS staff. However at this time my PM box has been greatly reduced, and I'm about 2500 messages over the limit. So anyone that PM's me, your going to have to wait a few as I transfer all my information (almost every transaction I've ever done here) to a notepad system.

-150c Club Member
    Just wiped the inbox, all clean now, feel free to PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Adam hope you get to feeling better and hopefully building again you do great work!!
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

-150c Club Member
    It'll be along time before I pick up the torch for major work, i'm rather far behind on my medical school work, it's been a major battle between maintaining GPA and maintaining sanity. Thank you very much Scott.

Xtremely unstable
    To all involved in this thread, thanks for your interest and to those who helped (you know who you are), big shout! As I stated earlier I had been in contact with Adam. I was aware of his circumstances but did not feel it was my place to post his private affairs. As far as the posts about xs rules, I knew them and that's why this transaction was done completely seperate from xs. You won't find any reference to any deal between nol and myself in any threads with the exception of this one and I used this section for what I hope is it's intended purpose. To the gentleman who pm'd me asking for nol's contact info, I'm sorry if you feel I snubbed you, that wasn't my intention. I wasn't comfortable giving more than an email unless I was privy to full details, which of course a third party rarely is nor should be. Adam, I'm glad to hear you're doing better although it's gotta suck watching someone else do your thing
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

-150c Club Member
    Makes me want to torch HIM, especially when he messes up and I yell at him :P Then again it has it's upside's when the guys burns himself :P (Joking guys, I'm not that sadistic). Thank you again Loonym for understanding. As for anyone who needs to contact me, email and PM please. PM if you want my email.

-150c Club Member
    Also to all my ol' pals, my MSN messenger has changed, if you want it PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Also to all my ol' pals, my MSN messenger has changed, if you want it PM.
    if you ever want to get your horribly embarrassed again in counter strike source just lmk

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...40&postcount=1

anyone?
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

-150c Club Member
    Considering the aim bot you were running, and considering I still got five, you better watch ur smug ass.

Xtreme Mentor
    Considering the aim bot you were running, and considering I still got five, you better watch ur smug ass.
    hehe we shall chat on msn about this matter i re-purchased css so i can play you on vac servers now too
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Chasing After Diety
    Oh and Naekuh! Movieman reminded me I still have your system! Don't worry I haven't forgot, I will ship that back as soon as I package it back up (my workshop has literally be in statis in a sense). If it's not too huge a problem, I hope you understand that I will try and do this as soon as I finish my contracts with these two here.
    Adam...

i hope you get a full recovery man.

I heard what happened and i told dave, i hope he's all right.

You know me, im like a rock with patience. I just hoped you didnt forget about my TEC blocks. (there kinda irreplaceable).

Oh i may send you something little to help with the recovery after i get my stuff back too. Make sure you leave me your mailing address so i can send you a get well basket.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

-150c Club Member
    Haha I've got a get well basket from ya already, no more get well baskets. I've got more food then I can eat :P
    Thanks though Naekuh, the thought is appreciated. Hop me your address and I'll get it packed.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast