Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maya PLE Free!

No linux version. Blender for me.

www.blender.org

Xtreme Member
    Awesome I wish more companies did this with their software...to be able to get experience using software to be able to put that on a CV would be great.

CPU's:- Xeon 3060 | Q6600 G0
    Mobos:- MSI X48C (Coming!) | MSI X38 Platinum | Asus P5K Deluxe
    RAM:- Kingston HyperX PC3-14400 | Team Xtreem PC2-6400C3 | Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 | Kingston PC2-9600
    Graphics:- PNY 9800GX2 | EVGA 8800GTX
    PSUs :- Antec TPQ-1KW | Ultra X-Pro 600w EE
    Cooling:- Nozzled FuZion | MCW60 | DDC w/ DDCT-01s | PA120.3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    OK, a high-end graphics program has been released by the Alias company, a free download of their Maya 5 Personal Learning Edition - for non-commercial use.

If interested, see http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...le/index.shtml and sign up!

"Maya Personal Learning Edition 5 Offers:

A new hardware rendering option using the power of next-generation graphics cards. Get near software-quality images at often dramatically faster speeds.
    A unified rendering workflow for easy and consistent access through a common interface.

Animation enhancements to constraints, forward/inverse kinematics and ghosting for added flexibility.
    Maya Paint Effects™ to polygon conversion for a whole new range of looks plus more editing and output options.
    An improved polygon reduction method for making lightweight game models and MODs. "
    this is one of the most famous 3d development softwares

In 2003 though it was all about 3DS Max, which got bought out by Autodesk as well. Maya is still great in it's own right for game level design, but not on the professional level like 3DS Max is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NidStyles View Post
    In 2003 though it was all about 3DS Max, which got bought out by Autodesk as well. Maya is still great in it's own right for game level design, but not on the professional level like 3DS Max is.

are you insane? Maya is used in high end a hell of a lot more than 3DS max

Some of its credits include Spider-Man II, III, Star Wars, Episode II, III, The Lord of the Rings I, II, Gladiator, The Matrix I, II, III What Dreams May Come, The Hulk, Terminator III, IV, King Kong and Avatar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12