I'm having my third A7N8X now and with all three I'm having the same problem, I can't raise the Vcore as much as I would like. I have tested this with three different procs, but every time I come in the neighbourhood of the 2.1V my system shuts down.

So I started thinking when I saw the Epox mod. This one inspired me to go looking for a datasheet of the voltage regulating chip near the cpu.

Studying the datasheet I saw that there is an overcurrent protection that prevents the the Vcore from getting over 2.1V and that the maximum that the chip can deliver is 2.25V.

OVERCURRENT PROTECTION REALIZED USING THE LOWER MOSFET’S RdsON OR A SENSE RESISTOR
So I know this protection is real

Output Voltage Protection and Power Good
The output voltage is monitored by pin VSEN. If it is not within +12/-10% (typ.) of the programmed value, the powergood output is forced low. Power good is an open drain output and it is enabled only after the soft start is finished (2048 clock cycles after start-up).
The device provides over voltage protection; when the voltage sensed by the VSEN pin reaches 2.1V (typ.), the controller permanently switches on both the low-side mosfets and switches off both the high-side mosfets in order to protect the CPU. The OSC/INH/FAULT pin is driven high (5V) and power supply (Vcc) turn off and on is required to restart operations. The over Voltage percentage is set by the ratio between the OVP threshold (set at 2.1V) and the reference programmed by VID.
and is giving me some trouble.

I have talked this over with some other tweakers and were pretty sure that pin 10 causes the computer not to boot at voltages higher than 2.1V. The solution seems simple, just cut the pin and see what happens. As fas as we think 2 things can happen:

The mod works and the overcurrent protection is disabled or the mod doesn't work and automatic shutdown will occur even at voltages of 0.1V or higher.

What do you guys think that will happen when cutting pin 10. Or are there some other idea's / theories over how to get a higher Vcore on this board.