Thread: UV Questions??

Xtreme Member

UV Questions??

Hi,

This is my first built and I was hoping to use some UV tubing so I bought these two item.

- PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Red Tubing - 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD

&

- Lazer Led - 6 Led - UV Led

These two item came from Jab-Tech and I want to know how it is possible that the tubing as no reaction to UV, is the led or the tubing the problem?
    If you want to see picture go to the last page of my worklog.

Thanks

Hmm, good question. You might be able to answer this by just getting a cheap set of UV cold cathodes from Petras or somewhere else. I'm looking at your case and don't see any of the tubing stand out, which seems to be an issue with your UV lighting. I've never used UV LED's, so someone else can probably chime in. I've had great results with Feser UV blue and the basic logisys 12" UV CCL's.

It may also depend on the amount of light you need, as you have a Cosmos S. My Lian-Li V2010 requires a total of 4x 12" CCL's and 2x 4" CCL's to get the desired UV effect on the tubing. But the UV effect is also instantaneous.

I am Xtreme
    Try Feser DD Tubing . . .

Video . . .
    http://www.dangerden.com/images/stor...pdxlan-125.wmv
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicjedi View Post
    Hmm, good question. You might be able to answer this by just getting a cheap set of UV cold cathodes from Petras or somewhere else. I'm looking at your case and don't see any of the tubing stand out, which seems to be an issue with your UV lighting. I've never used UV LED's, so someone else can probably chime in. I've had great results with Feser UV blue and the basic logisys 12" UV CCL's.

It may also depend on the amount of light you need, as you have a Cosmos S. My Lian-Li V2010 requires a total of 4x 12" CCL's and 2x 4" CCL's to get the desired UV effect on the tubing. But the UV effect is also instantaneous.
    In the picture you look at there is no UV LED because I did not take time to installed them since I was not happy with the result. I will try to buy a cheap UV light at a local shop to test it, I hope the tubing is fine since I have still 15ft of it.

Thanks

I hope for your sake that it works too. However, if worse comes to worse, you can try this: http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...cat=100&page=1

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicjedi View Post
    I hope for your sake that it works too. However, if worse comes to worse, you can try this: http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...cat=100&page=1
    That is what I showed him in my pics
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    That is what I showed him in my pics
    Thanks but like I said I still have 15ft of this tubing! I will maybe sell it and buy this one.

Short

Xtreme Member
    Red UV never shows up very good (Compared to blue and green). I am using Primoflex blue/red/green. Green is very bright, blue is pretty bright, red is.. well it's red.

The feeser red does glow better. However not that much.