Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel to Retaliate to AMD Phenom II Overclocking Feat, Plans Demonstration at CES '09

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveburt714 View Post
    The same could be said for the "henpecked" Intel husbands Chad Boga!
    Heh, The Intel husband's are quite unfaithful and will stray if an AMD mistress is very hot(in performance ), whereas the AMD husband's are the one mate for life type, no matter how much of a biatch the wife is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwho? View Post
    We did not even need to do so, we got to 5Ghz air cooled without problem.
    I based my comment on Theo's post, if Theo is not accurate, i am not accurate.

The retails parts will tell us, if nobody gets 6Ghz with a retail CPU, we will know who's was right ...

The competition childish? well, we are on Extremesystem here, winning the race is what matters to me, with openess and Olympic spirit, if you don't like that people work hard on winning, well, don't come here, because I think it is all about this: Behind Fast and Furious

Time will tell! Take it easy, and well, 5Ghz air cool is done.

Well it's nice to see that the man who's been running Intel since '86 takes his cues from Theo. So in truth I guess you didn't really know.

Openess and Olympic spirit eh? Let's see how open and how honest you really are. Why don't you answer these questions for us peons.

Why is everyone else killing themselves trying to get to 5 GHz with core i7 with LN2 and phase but you've done it on air?

Why is Fugger the only person to clear 5 GHz on a core i7?

Tell me where I can buy a core i7 that does 5GHz on air today?

Waiting to hear some honest answers from someone who is so open and fair. One thing is for sure, we don't know how well Phenom II will run (yet) when it's released and that's a given. But we do know in general how core i7s run based on results from this forum and no one that I've seen has gotten 5GHz on air. So yeah you might have your statistic freak and that's all good. I don't really care for that because I can't buy it.

Xtreme Addict
    I can completely understand Dr.Who wanting intel to come out on top at all costs and anyone else that has a finacial interest in Intel. But for the rest of us it makes no sence to want AMD to stay at the bottom like allot of you seem to (I personaly think that its due to people having Intel CPU's in there PC and dont want to lose the satisfaction of having the best performing CPU, bit of an ego thing). AMD needs to make money in order to stay competitive, and we all need them to be competitive to keep the prices down.........also all of us here get turned on by Hardware performance increasing. We want to see advances and a side effect of that is our ubber fast hardware becomes not so ubber fast anymore, Its inevitable. If AMD were to come out on top with PH2 then we will all be wanting one and if Intel is on top we will all want one so what is the diffrence?
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Banned
    You guys are cracking me up Well, this thread needs some humor. Everyone just needs to relax. I for one, I'm having a blast. Maybe AMD would mount a challenge? I doubt it though, because they cannot afford to challenge Intel at clockspeed right now. AMD shot themselves in the foot with that demo, imho.

Edit: To the two posters, the counter argument can be made to what you're saying. DrWho has proven his point - that a cherry picked (forget disabled sensors) cpu can do amazing things. The fact is, if these weren't cherry picked, they'll have ended up in some home user's computer. Just imagine how many goldn chips are sitting inside PCs whose owners know nothing about overclocking? Francois, or Intel for that matter, NEVER promised anyone they could take their chips to 5Ghz on air. AMD WILL NEVER promise anyone they can take their chips to 4ghz on air. Yet they found time to invite a handpicked group and demonstrated high clock ocs for them. WHY? Why don't one of you tell me WHY bother to run such high clocks if you can't promise the consumer same clocks. The answer is: they do it for us, us enthusiasts. I for one, I'm very grateful and it doesn't matter if its AMD or Intel.
    Last edited by Zucker2k; 11-28-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Boga View Post
    Heh, The Intel husband's are quite unfaithful and will stray if an AMD mistress is very hot(in performance ), whereas the AMD husband's are the one mate for life type, no matter how much of a biatch the wife is.

Uh Oh! heh Somebody just got

Xtreme Mentor
    Hahaha. Spot on. It could be that chick from the "I just got married" thread and they still wouldn't waver. Well, at least we know AMD users are committed to personality. I'm shallow, so I'll take the hottest one.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Mentor
    I'll admit man.. I'm the Bald Eagle who mates for life, and my wife (AMD) has been a biatch for the last few years... But I still love her and she's giving it up again, so things are getting better.

On that note, I'm not so sure you are the typical Henpecked Intel Hubby (from what I've seen in here). You might just be a slut dude!!

It don't make ya bad.... Just a little annoying...
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

If you had a bunch of people in an insane asylum who had convinced themselves that AMD was their wife, would their crazy ramblings be much different to what has been seen in this thread?
    Would you cut it out already. Stop taking every chance you can to blast AMD supporters please, it is getting tiring with your incessant flame-baiting
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Would you cut it out already. Stop taking every chance you can to blast AMD supporters please, it is getting tiring with your incessant flame-baiting
    It's OK though, because Intel sends out lots of free goodies.
    Last edited by Sly Fox; 11-28-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I for one don't care if the P2 clocks to 10GHz. If it is still not competative performance wise, then who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by taurus_sel View Post
    Well it's nice to see that the man who's been running Intel since '86 takes his cues from Theo. So in truth I guess you didn't really know.

Openess and Olympic spirit eh? Let's see how open and how honest you really are. Why don't you answer these questions for us peons.

Why is everyone else killing themselves trying to get to 5 GHz with core i7 with LN2 and phase but you've done it on air?

Why is Fugger the only person to clear 5 GHz on a core i7?

Tell me where I can buy a core i7 that does 5GHz on air today?

Waiting to hear some honest answers from someone who is so open and fair. One thing is for sure, we don't know how well Phenom II will run (yet) when it's released and that's a given. But we do know in general how core i7s run based on results from this forum and no one that I've seen has gotten 5GHz on air. So yeah you might have your statistic freak and that's all good. I don't really care for that because I can't buy it.
    some of those answers here.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Banned
    7GHz? Dream on. Disabling sensors and playing games is meaningless, and the mere fact that 7GHz hasn't been achieved since the P4 days (or did Wolfdale finally hit 7GHz?) does not bode well for Nehalem hitting 7GHz. I understand Francois is an insecure little man and is awfully threatened by AMD, but this is a pure waste of time and money if true.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    7GHz? Dream on. Disabling sensors and playing games is meaningless, and the mere fact that 7GHz hasn't been achieved since the P4 days (or did Wolfdale finally hit 7GHz?) does not bode well for Nehalem hitting 7GHz. I understand Francois is an insecure little man and is awfully threatened by AMD, but this is a pure waste of time and money if true.
    Necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Omastar maybe you didnt get the memo. This is AMD marketing, I have no details to what they want to do for CES or if it is even true.

I also heard AMD could do Crysis at 6.3Ghz on air and it was true. I also heard they all do that speed, confirmed fact.

Its all about hype, for me its about results. It became known that Intel was visiting and what they were bringing, add a little marketing spice and we have guys saying the stupidest things.

Francois is not little or insecure, insulting comments to anyone is frowned upon here.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    I understand Francois is an insecure little man and is awfully threatened by AMD, but this is a pure waste of time and money if true.
    Why don't you buy into the competitive spirit motivation for this?

What would someone who is trying to invoke the "Olympic Spirit" in all this do differently?

Xtreme Addict
    I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I'm in no way questioning it either, just hoping it wouldn't. I wish folks would get the fun attitude back. This is FUN. Everybody should be having fun with these things. The Olympic spirit should be high right now. Fugger did an amazing feat this weekend. That is a good thing.

Plans Demonstration at CES '09
    Still not sure what to think about this one, half that news writeup is about me and this demo I have no clue about...

I had just woke up when I first read it and thought AMD was doing some demo at CES.

The scale of binning could well be best of 100,000 units.
    The scale could could be counted without using your toes.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Addict
    Houston we have a problem...

They are now writing about people without even contacting them. What in the world is going on?

No clue, thats what I am wondering.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Addict
    I can't help it. Maybe somebody will let you in on it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is quite disturbing. Could it be fabricated news?

Rig Specs
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 4.0ghz 1.37v - DFI Lanparty UT P35 TR2 - 4x1GB Team Xtreem DDR2-1066 - Palit 8800GT Sonic 512MB GDDR3 256-bit
    160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM SATA II 8MB Cache - 320GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Liteon 18X DVD-Writer /w LS
    640GB Western Digital SE16 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cache - Corsair HX 620W Modular PSU - Cooler Master Stacker 832
    Auzen 7.1 X-Plosion - Zalman ZM-DS4F - Sennheiser HD212 Pro - Edifier M2600

Custom Water Cooling
    Dtek Fusion Extreme CPU Block - Swiftech MCR-220 - Swiftech MCP655-B - Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservior - 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Tubings
    Dual Thermaltake A2018s 120mm Blue LED Smart fans.

www.mni-photography.site88.net

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I was laughing because it's rediculous.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    This is quite disturbing. Could it be fabricated news?
    that'd be funny.. all this piss'n'whinge over nothing
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    Houston we have a problem...

They are now writing about people without even contacting them. What in the world is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    No clue, thats what I am wondering.
    OK... wait... what? So the "FUGGER will be doing the overclocking" part was published before you were even contacted?

Oh, how splendid! Hooray for drama! If the sources are indeed official, this could get interesting.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I for one don't care if the P2 clocks to 10GHz. If it is still not competative performance wise, then who cares.
    well obviously a pentium 2 isn't that competitive performance wise.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast