Page 41 of 185 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 4616

Thread: Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
    Tried both raid and ACHI mode....same story....it's just not my day....or should i say couple of days.

BLAH, don't mind me must be the Christmas spirit. Fixed it (the raid driver issue) tried my wifes Vista 64bit sp1. cd and it's working, must of screwed up my oem vista cd by creatind an intergrated sp1 cd with Vlight..

Thanks for everyones help with the usb keyboard issue and the raid issue, feel stupid for not figuring that one out. However the other issues still remain so I'll try getting the board replaced in the new year.

Cheers.

In case anyone wants to turn on ACHI after installing under IDE mode. Enable the RAID/ACHI with a reg switch. Swap to the white sockets (different controller), boot, it'll ask for the Intel drivers (below). Swap back to the IC10R sockets and that was it. Pita but it works.

Last edited by fornowagain; 12-28-2008 at 05:54 PM.

i7| EX58-EXTREME | SSD M225 | Radbox | 5870CF + 9600GT

Xtreme Member
    OMG it failed installing windows and rebooted the came up with a post screen saying Intel ACHI bios not installed...WTF!!!!!! and my raid array was corrupted....it just hung there so I rebooted and now it just hangs on the Gigabyte splash/boot screen with error code 75 which means Detect and install all IDE devices: HDD, LS120, ZIP, CRROM.

To be honest I'm totally flabergasted, can't even enter bios now.

Xtreme Legend
    reset to defaults
    use basic setup
    no drives plugged in
    check if you can get into bios

try again with non OCd setup first

that is really odd

what bios are you on

i am going to test Raid controller with some iRAM drives soon and see if mine works
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    both lan ports on the motherboard just stopped working yes it's the motherboard and not the cable. I tested the cable with my raid controller and works fine.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    reset to defaults
    use basic setup
    no drives plugged in
    check if you can get into bios

try again with non OCd setup first

that is really odd

what bios are you on

i am going to test Raid controller with some iRAM drives soon and see if mine works

Shut the board down and unpluged the power cord, hit the clear cmos button and left it for 20 minutes, it powered back up but had reverted back to bios F2 which is what it must have shipped with, wierd because this is now the third time I am having to flash back to the F4m bios.

F4m is what I originally flashed to because most said it was just as good as F4j but just had the coloured overvolt voltages in bios.

Man this board and it's bios are flakey as.....and I haven't even had a chance to try any overclock, all the problems I have been having have been all stock - 0ptimised defaults!!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Shut the board down and unpluged the power cord, hit the clear cmos button and left it for 20 minutes, it powered back up but had reverted back to bios F2 which is what it must have shipped with, wierd because this is now the third time I am having to flash back to the F4m bios.

F4m is what I originally flashed to because most said it was just as good as F4j but just had the coloured overvolt voltages in bios.

Man this board and it's bios are flakey as.....and I haven't even had a chance to try any overclock, all the problems I have been having have been all stock - 0ptimised defaults!!!!
    Mine as well as others are rock solid. You seem to have every issue known to man happen with that board. So much that I'm calling it user error. Pull your battery for at least 30 seconds while depressing the power button for at least 15 seconds, pressing the cmos reset button is useless.

You have P6T, why not just use that?
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    Mine as well as others are rock solid. You seem to have every issue known to man happen with that board. So much that I'm calling it user error. Pull your battery for at least 30 seconds while depressing the power button for at least 15 seconds, pressing the cmos reset button is useless.

You have P6T, why not just use that?

Excuse me but I think the fact the board can't even boot straight back up after powering off entails alittle more than just the blanket statement of "user error"....I'll throw that one back at you next time you have a faulty piece of hardware

Don't worry I know how to reset cmos and I have been removing the battery and draining the board of power on various occasions. Like I have been mentioning I can get the board to reboot but only after jumping through the necessary hoops that are required to do so with this particular board....not just the simple "push the power button" that should be the case.

At least my false ego isn't so huge that I can't admit where I have made mistakes as in the "not enabeling the usb keyboard function" in bios, but in other areas I know fairly well what I'm doing and enough to ascertain if a component has some issues.

regarding the P6T....I will use it but atm I'm not giving up on the giga until I know without doubt it's faulty and that is becoming more of the case the more I play with it.

You have no issues with your board/system and I'm truly glad for you regarding that but please don't just assume based on your problem free encounter with the board that others may not have such a smooth encounter and that that may be due to a faulty board, which does happen
    Last edited by lowdog; 12-28-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    hey man try to relax your mount on the board
    if there is too much flex it could go crazy
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    hey man try to relax your mount on the board
    if there is too much flex it could go crazy
    Np but atm all I am using is the stock Intel heatsink (thats why I won't try clocking it yet), I have the Swiftech backplate for the GTZ but am still waiting for the block to arrive in stock early Jan.

For some reason when I was installing windows before on the raid array and it crashed it changed back to the F2 bios automatically, obviously installing on the raid array had somehow corrupted the bios?????/ beyond me.

And don't worry my mem is fine, already run multyple passes of memtest86 so thats not the issue. PSU is fine as is cpu, just mobo/bios thats seems dodgy.

I'm trying to like this board but so far no good, I'll judge Giga after I get a replacement board and see how that one pans out. The big retailer where I purchased from in Aus said they have sold heaps of the UD5 with no returns and only a few of the Extremes and already had 3 returns of the Extreme....mine will be the 4th so far.

Xtreme Member
    Horay horah finally sorted it out

Incompatabillity with Thermalright Toughpower 1200W psu.

Solution - hold down the power button for 7 seconds (the time it takes for the power to drain out of the mobo which is indicated by the DDR PHASE LED remaining lit or the onboard power switch remaining lit) then press the power switch imediately after those leds/power switch lights go out and it powers on.

My speculated conclusion is something to do with the 2 phase power for DDR ram implementation has an issue with this particular PSU.

So yeah, user error after all or perhaps more like user persistance to figure out the problem.
    Last edited by lowdog; 12-28-2008 at 11:17 PM.

Memory Addict
    Horay horah finally sorted it out

Incompatabillity with Thermalright Toughpower 1200W psu.

Solution - hold down the power button for 7 seconds (the time it takes for the power to drain out of the mobo which is indicated by the DDR PHASE LED remaining lit or the onboard power switch remaining lit) then press the power switch imediately after those leds/power switch lights go out and it powers on.

My speculated conclusion is something to do with the 2 phase power for DDR ram implementation has an issue with this particular PSU.

So yeah, user error after all or perhaps more like user persistance to figure out the problem.
    glad ya got it sorted out.. time for a new psu i'd say heh
    ---

Xtreme Cruncher
    I did have hard time with AHCI, as I did install Vista in IDE mode.
    I did clear that with turning some swithches in registry but RAID mode was still no go.
    So I decided to reinstall Vista X64 in RAID mode on single Intel 80GB SSD.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

I noticed that F4 final is back at the GB website for download and just downloaded it. Is it still a no-no to install this BIOS? I am currently on F4r......

Many thanks.
    System:
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Rev 1.0 (F3)
    Intel Core i7 965EE
    12G ADATA DDR3-1333 @ 1333 JEDEC 1.5V
    OCZ Vertex 250G - ICH10R (OS)
    Corsair S128 X 2 RAID 0 (Data)
    WD 1002FALS (Caviar Black)
    ATI 4870X2
    Creative Titanium Pro X-Fi PCIe
    LG GCW-H20L
    Corsair HX1000W
    Lian-Li V1000Z
    Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

I am Xtreme
    I got the lan ports working again.... rather than pull the system apart I hit the cmos clear button like 50 (because hitting it once was not enough) time with the power supply unplugged.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hmm, my LAN1 port died few days ago also.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Member
    I got the lan ports working again.... rather than pull the system apart I hit the cmos clear button like 50 (because hitting it once was not enough) time with the power supply unplugged.
    Perhaps is time to rise ICH volts? It's good to start meeting all the possible side effects of our OC.
    DFI UT x58/i7 940
    TRUE Black + 2 Scythe s-flex PushPull
    Dominator GT 3x2Gb 2000 CL8 @ 1600 CL6
    XFX GTX280 XXX
    Velociraptor 150 Raid0 - Seagate 500 Raid1
    Corsair Hx1000
    Lian-Li PC-A77 Mod
    **Sorry by my Spanglish**

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by vega22 View Post
    Perhaps is time to rise ICH volts? It's good to start meeting all the possible side effects of our OC.
    lan chip is not on the ICH.... i miss the broadcom lanchip that my old 965P had... i dont like the realcrap stuff.

Back from the Dead

i love lowdog the everlasting serial winger that hates when new hardware comes out but is first to upgrade and then murder companies when they get something wrong hahah

BTT, what bios should I use right now? Still on F4J for my builds because that one worked well.. but there are some issues with VMware fixed in F4M right? So F4M it is? Some votes please
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

I am Xtreme
    I wait for F5 final, im good with F4j for now.

Xtreme Legend
    i am still on F4f (edit-sry this is the right name heh)

i tried F4R but saw no improvements
    actually RAM kinda clocked worse which is odd as its supposed to improve RAM compatibility with corsair QVL loaded in it and all
    Last edited by dinos22; 12-29-2008 at 04:52 AM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme

my ICH volts were at 1.26

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    lan chip is not on the ICH.... i miss the broadcom lanchip that my old 965P had... i dont like the realcrap stuff.
    I miss the marvell network chips. I agree about the realcrap stuff.

I'm using bios F4r and I have reason to believe the 2:12 memory multi is not working right at stock. more on that when linpack finishes.

Back from the Dead
    F4J doesn't post for me with some memory dividers btw.. 6x is working, 8x usually isn't, 10x is working again etc - weird.

Edit: Also what is the deal with the white SATA ports? I connected a few SSDs to them and they weren't even recognized.. Is that some kind of jmicron dedicated (crappy) controller? Works fine on the blue ports (ICH10R ftw)
    Last edited by jcool; 12-29-2008 at 05:17 AM.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

I am Xtreme
    has anybody tried the new F4 on GB's web site? how does F5a work?

Xtreme Member
    lan chip is not on the ICH
    Of course, but the ICH is the master of I/O peripherals. Anyway 1.26v is enough.
    DFI UT x58/i7 940
    TRUE Black + 2 Scythe s-flex PushPull
    Dominator GT 3x2Gb 2000 CL8 @ 1600 CL6
    XFX GTX280 XXX
    Velociraptor 150 Raid0 - Seagate 500 Raid1
    Corsair Hx1000
    Lian-Li PC-A77 Mod
    **Sorry by my Spanglish**

I am Xtreme
    Of course, but the ICH is the master of I/O peripherals. Anyway 1.26v is enough.
    yeah I know it worked fine on my evga board.

Page 41 of 185 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191141 ... LastLast